Quick Questions

emmauk06

22 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

No I don't remember that at all, but they did do a few kind of stand-alone eps in the late 90s. I remember one with Shannon writing on her computer about all the other characters. I think the episode ended with her deleting it all.

That was wicked.

The writers were pretty High on Shannon/Isla especially towards the end of her run. She even got to be camerawoman at Don and Maz's wedding :)

I like eps where they step outside the box a little.

6 hours ago, chair said:

Sorry if it's no help but I remember a magazine - possibly Inside Soap looking for a young Vinnie lookalike. (This is before he met Leah and VJ was born.) They wanted the actor to play a young Vinnie. Then there was a dream sequence with palm trees. That could possibly be the episode.

No. It wasn't from that episode but I know exactly what you're talking about. It was much later when Vinnie was going out with Sally and for some reason he thought she was pregnant. Hence the dream. 

On 10/09/2018 at 15:01, Blaxland 89 said:

Anyone remember the complete one off episode with Vinnie going on a date with Justine and another girl. 

There was no warning and it had nothing to do with what was going on on the episodes either side. With appearance from Joey, Marilyn and Donald it was like a Vinnie spin off show. 

Looks like that was Episode 2430 in 1998. I'm missing that particular ep though and can barely remember it.

The actress that played the other girl went on to become a co-host on Brucie's Play Your Cards Right in the early 2000s - and it was another of those cases where she was touted as a star of H&A despite only appearing in one episode several years beforehand. They even booked her to appear at the ill-fated OzSoap convention in 2003 as a "H&A cast member", which should have been an early warning sign.

• Haha 1

On 11/09/2018 at 18:11, CaptainHulk said:

The writers were pretty High on Shannon/Isla especially towards the end of her run. She even got to be camerawoman at Don and Maz's wedding :)

Yes, Shannon was clearly one of the writers' favourite characters. I suppose she was fun to write for because she was so sassy and headstrong.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 20:32, chair said:

Does anyone know the cause of Steven and Selina's argument around Episode 2251 please?  I've looked in the episode archive but if anyone knows the exact cause that would be great.

I'm not sure if it was anything specific. I think she was just unhappy with him being back.

• Thanks 1