Quick Questions

emmauk06

15 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Why don't we ever see Donald's place?. 

I guess they felt there wasn't really a need at the time, given Don was living on his own in a block of flats anyway, and perhaps studio storage was limited after introducing Travis' house as a permanent set.

From memory, I'm pretty sure Don didn't move into his new house until just after the earthquake - which of course had freed up some space on the canvas by getting rid of the Parrish house and Stewart Store (not that the latter had been used much anyway). And at that point they also knew they'd have Rebecca, Casey and Marilyn eventually joining him so it was more of a worthwhile investment.

Marilyn also mentioned the block of flats when she admitted to crashing Don's car into the fence outside. 

30 minutes ago, beau_t said:

I have vague memories of when we first see Don's new place and he acts like it's brand new - for example, he makes people take their shoes off.

You're right, I've got a couple of eps missing from around those weeks so I don't know if it's the ep of its actual debut, but there's definitely a scene where he reminds Rebecca to remove her shoes as it's a new carpet. 

1 hour ago, Dan F said:

Marilyn also mentioned the block of flats when she admitted to crashing Don's car into the fence outside. 

You're right, I've got a couple of eps missing from around those weeks so I don't know if it's the ep of its actual debut, but there's definitely a scene where he reminds Rebecca to remove her shoes as it's a new carpet. 

The carpet thing was a bit of a catchphrase for don for a fair old while. Bit of a joke they used well into 1998 at least