Quick Questions

emmauk06

Marilyn has made several long-term full-time stints in the long history of Home And Away. There from 1989 till 1992. Gone, to marry Phil. That failed. She came back in 1995, stayed another few years, married Mr Fisher, then that relationship failed as she couldn't handle the death of her baby, and left again, around 1998? I can't remember the other long-term stints, but she came back again a few years ago, still currently on the show. The pattern has been a few years here, a few years away, a few years back, etc.

What episode does Jack speak to Nelson after the fire?

Also, when Alf first tells Pippa and Michael about setting up the development 300 yards from Summer Bay House, he says his father originally owned all that land and subdivided it to set up the caravan park. Does this tie-in or contradict any other continuity?

I watched the re runs this morning and it was when Irene wants to apply to be a foster mother so she can foster the baby that was found on the beach. Selina said that Irene had already tried to apply to be foster mum with her but got rejected. I thought Irene was already a foster mother at this point so what are Selina and Chloe, boarders? And this might sound like a dumb question but what's the difference between them living with Irene like they are now and her being their official foster mother?

As far as I know (I could be wrong), Selina lives with Irene by permission of her mother, therefore Irene doesn't need to pass any official fostering criteria. She's not an official foster mother it's more of an agreement between Irene, Selina's mother, and Selina. Chloe is a boarder and Irene has no legal parental rights - I have vague memories of a scene where Chloe tells Irene she is only a boarder not a foster daughter and Irene therefore has no right to tell her what to do.

The difference between this and official foster parents (like Pippa) is that legal guardianship of the children is removed from the real parents by the state and granted (temporarily) to foster parents, which means Pippa has the legal right to make decisions for the children in her care.

That's how I see it but I'm sure someone else could explain better.

Edited by beau_t
  • Like 2

I actually thought Irene looked into adopting Selina which was why she eventually took Irene's last name. 

7 hours ago, beau_t said:

I have vague memories of a scene where Chloe tells Irene she is only a boarder not a foster daughter and Irene therefore has no right to tell her what to do.

I think that was Finlay and Pippa before Pippa eventually took her in as a foster child  but it could have happened again with Chloe and Irene.