Quick Questions

emmauk06

25 minutes ago, chair said:

Why was Jack taken in by Pippa and Michael? Was he already living in Summer Bay or did he move to the area?

He wasn't from Summer Bay. Pippa and Michael received a call from the department asking if they could take Jack in because his mother and stepfather were going through a rough patch. Jack later revealed his stepfather was abusive.

• Like 1

Thanks Dan. I haven't got that far with the repeats yet.

A vague memory is now returning of the bushfire after seeing it when it was shown during a Christmas break.

Edited by chair
I mean I vaguely remember the house being destroyed.

Why did they decide to get rid of Fisher's first house? I thought being next to the caravan park sometimes provided a good dynamic, and the house was kind of old and musty looking, and full of bookcases filled with books. It really suited his character I felt.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, beau_t said:

Why did they decide to get rid of Fisher's first house? I thought being next to the caravan park sometimes provided a good dynamic, and the house was kind of old and musty looking, and full of bookcases filled with books. It really suited his character I felt.

I remember reading that when Hey Dad was being produced it used to share studio space with Home and Away, so they had to take down the H&A sets to shoot Hey Dad and put then take those down & put them back up again. 

I've done a quick search Real Life (which became Today Tonight) was launched in 1992, so perhaps it was down to studio space as Fisher's 1992-1995 house was more modular and the central part was smaller, so it probably meant they could fit it in elsewhere.