Quick Questions

emmauk06

44 minutes ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Who's idea was it to call the character of Murdoch Roberts (Irene's husband) "mud"???

I'd assume Greg Haddrick & Ray Harding, who were the Script Producers/Story Editors at the time :wink:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jamie2811 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, was just wondering if the UK air dates will be added to the rest of the summaries? Particularly curious about the 90s :-) was the show really aired on Christmas Day in 1989?

Certainly was, 5pm on Christmas Day, just after The BFG.

I made a start on them from the beginning earlier this year, and think I got up to early 1989 before other things started taking over.

It's one of those things which I'll try and slot back into when I can, though it's obviously a pretty laborious task for those early years which requires a lot of crosschecking - especially when synopses weren't always provided and episodes went out of sync after a break for a special event or suchlike :wink:

One thing I probably will try and do soon is get the season openers/finales out the way, just so they give an idea of how far the UK was behind at various times.

3 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Certainly was, 5pm on Christmas Day, just after The BFG.

I made a start on them from the beginning earlier this year, and think I got up to early 1989 before other things started taking over.

It's one of those things which I'll try and slot back into when I can, though it's obviously a pretty laborious task for those early years which requires a lot of crosschecking - especially when synopses weren't always provided and episodes went out of sync after a break for a special event or suchlike :wink:

One thing I probably will try and do soon is get the season openers/finales out the way, just so they give an idea of how far the UK was behind at various times.

Yeah you've got up to episode 275, interesting reading the summaries. I notice the UK airings of these early 1989 eps were out of sync, like Thursday eps were originally shown on a Monday in Australia. Assuming there would've been no breaks for Easter and bank holidays at this point with us a year behind at that point? 

Just now, Jamie2811 said:

Yeah you've got up to episode 275, interesting reading the summaries. I notice the UK airings of these early 1989 eps were out of sync, like Thursday eps were originally shown on a Monday in Australia. Assuming there would've been no breaks for Easter and bank holidays at this point with us a year behind at that point? 

I've remembered what it was now, whilst it was shown on Christmas Day in 1989, it wasn't shown on Boxing Day - which is where we first went out of sync.

It was 2 days later (Thu 28th Dec 1989) when the 1988 finale aired in the UK, but of course the season had finished mid-block in Australia on Ep 228 - so when the UK carried on into the 1989 season the following day, it put them out of whack even more :wink: