Quick Questions

emmauk06

11 hours ago, early years fan said:

I was also wondering if the early years was going to still be on during the olympics?

If I'm correct I think 7 and 7 two will have full coverage  of the Olympics so I doubt it will be on until after that finishes which I think is mid August 21st or 22nd. 

Edited by Kristen

I used to own the white 1992 H&A annual, and I have a couple of questions. I gave this annual away aeons ago, so I may be misremembering both points.

1.  I vaguely remember Finlay’s biography stating that she had six brothers. Given that Irene arrived onscreen twenty-five years ago and only Nathan and Damian have ever been appeared, I’m guessing this is not the case! But was it retconned, or was it never mentioned on the show in the first place?

2. I also remember reading that Michael had a son and a daughter from his first marriage. However, I only remember Haydn, and Michael’s BttB bio doesn’t mention a daughter. Was she ever mentioned on the show?

2 minutes ago, Kitkat89 said:

I used to own the white 1992 H&A annual, and I have a couple of questions. I gave this annual away aeons ago, so I may be misremembering both points.

1.  I vaguely remember Finlay’s biography stating that she had six brothers. Given that Irene arrived onscreen twenty-five years ago and only Nathan and Damian have ever been appeared, I’m guessing this is not the case! But was it retconned, or was it never mentioned on the show in the first place?

2. I also remember reading that Michael had a son and a daughter from his first marriage. However, I only remember Haydn, and Michael’s BttB bio doesn’t mention a daughter. Was she ever mentioned on the show?

Finlay's original backstory used by the writers did indeed state she had six brothers - though this amount was never specified on the actual show, so there wasn't any mistake in continuity when it was later changed.

Michael's daughter Kate however was mentioned on the show when his ex-wife Cynthia showed up, and got a nameless mention in 1994, but her existence was seemingly forgotten about soon afterwards.

On 14 July 2016 at 7:29 AM, Red Ranger 1 said:

I think she just guessed.

Now it's because Laura died just after Selina ("destined" to be his next girlfriend) got pregnant. How that logic works is beyond me. Perhaps someone else can try to explain it to at least try to make any sense out of it

^ Well, as of 2015. That's no longer the case.... 

Also, was Irene's maiden name ever confirmed as McFarlane as Wendy made no mention of being married. And Irene got the Roberts name from Mud? (unless it's like Fresh Prince where Will's folks Lou and Vy happened to have the same surname! )

21 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Also, was Irene's maiden name ever confirmed as McFarlane as Wendy made no mention of being married. And Irene got the Roberts name from Mud? (unless it's like Fresh Prince where Will's folks Lou and Vy happened to have the same surname! )

No her maiden name has never been confirmed - though given that Irene once talked about her Great-Grandpa Roberts, the 'same surname as Mud' scenario is a distinct possibility :wink: