Quick Questions

emmauk06

6 minutes ago, joany208121 said:

Typically how long were the contracts in the early era? How long were the likes of Shane and Lucinda and so forth originally signed on for?

@Dan F may be able to give some better insight, but I believe the standard contract is and always has been 3 years, however his recent interview with Laura Vazquez shows some actors chose to leave earlier through mutual decision making with the producers. Dee Smart, however, who played Lucinda, was very publicly axed from the series. :)

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, early years fan said:

does pippa and michaels house exist in real life somewhere, and is it still standing?  If so where is it situated.  It is such a beautiful old house.  Did the filiming actually occur in this house or was it in a set.  I noticed an lovely old wood stove in the kitchen the other day.

You'll find all you need to know here - it burnt down in real-life in 2002, was rebuilt, and started appearing on-screen again in 2015.

The interior was a set, as are all the other regular character houses.

• Like 2

@Dan F this text editor thing that appears where you submit replies to this particular thread. For this thread it won't let me delete @Dan F maybe that's a question for the technical forum.

But, while I am here can I ask: who writes the storyline content, and why is the storyline content and its direction and outcome chosen?

For example, who chose to give the character of Roxy breast cancer? And what was the reason for the decision? We hear a lot of interviews with the on-screen actors in any high-profile TV program (in this example on BTTB, Laura for Sarah). But we never get to talk to people behind the scenes.

18 hours ago, early years fan said:

does pippa and michaels house exist in real life somewhere, and is it still standing?  If so where is it situated.  It is such a beautiful old house.  Did the filiming actually occur in this house or was it in a set.  I noticed an lovely old wood stove in the kitchen the other day.

Yeah, is that supposed to be an old oven or something? (I know it's a prop and not real but still). I don't think I've ever seen Pippa or anyone so much as look at it let alone use it, considering it takes up one third of the kitchen. Surely Pippa could half the amount of time it takes her to make all those cakes for the Diner if she noticed it was there!

• Like 2

On 16/04/2016 at 1:55 AM, Old H&A Fan said:

But, while I am here can I ask: who writes the storyline content, and why is the storyline content and its direction and outcome chosen?

For example, who chose to give the character of Roxy breast cancer? And what was the reason for the decision? We hear a lot of interviews with the on-screen actors in any high-profile TV program (in this example on BTTB, Laura for Sarah). But we never get to talk to people behind the scenes.

Usually story generation is down to the Script Producers, or Story Editors as they were called back in the day. Though obviously any storylines have to be approved by the Producer and other powers that be. As for specific reasons for storylines, well that's down to them... For Roxy, it's likely that they wanted something that would eventually facilitate a reason for her departure.

We have had interviews/Q&A's etc. over the years with two of H&A's venerated Script Producers, Bevan Lee and Coral Drouyn, and I have been in touch with others in recent times - so never say never.

• Like 2