Quick Questions

emmauk06

It was ITV repeating a few storylines as specially edited specials with intros from the characters. From memory they did:

Sophie giving birth to Tamara

The Summer Bay Musical

Adam's House Fire with Sam trapped

Christmas 1994 (Irene as Santa)

Shane & Angel The Love Story (a different format with Dieter & Melissa presenting clips)

Shane & Angel's Wedding

The Bushfire

The Flood

Pretty certain they were only aired in the UK but I might be wrong.

Finally someone who can confirm that Tamara's birth was shown AGAIN in the Uk and I wasn't dreaming as a 5/6 year old!!!

It's interesting that the UK was very influential to the show as early as 1993 yet ITV still treated it like dirt with cutting scenes for no reason. NZTV at least has an excuse of wanting the show to be G rated. Do ITV still think that they know best what is acceptable for British viewers and play with scissors or is it a normal channel now?

ITV don't show it anymore, it's been on Channel 5 since halfway through the 2000 season.They occasionally do minor trims to episodes but leave them mostly intact and did actually show some episodes from the ITV era uncut for the first time for the 25th anniversary.

You're right, Ailsa does say it to Robert in Episode 2720

"If Duncan ever needs to know about prison, I'll tell him alright. Because I probably know as much about it as you do. I was in there for a very long time Robert. I killed someone. And I promise you, if you hurt my son I won't hesitate to do it again"

I also checked the old H&A Uncut site and they don't mention that scene being cut in the ITV showing (though they do mention the knife scene) so I guess it made it intact. Had a quick look for the eps you watched though and I think I may have solved it - if it's the same ones I just checked then 2720 is actually missing and it's a mislabelled 2721 :wink:

Ah how annoying! But thanks for going to that trouble! Glad to see I am not going mad!!! I like how they always remembered Ailsa's prison history throughout her time on the show. It could go for a long time without being mentioned but at suitable moments like that it was nice to see it brought up.

• 2 weeks later...

G'day, all.

Can someone please help me. I am 100% convinced there was a storyline in the early-90s regarding some no good lad (not Dodge, I'm pretty sure) who killed his parents by causing their car to crash by putting a plastic spider in their car's sun visor. They turn a corner on a cliff, the sun comes into the car, dad pulls down the visor, sees a spider in his lap and BOOM. So did I make it up? I am sure I didn't. I get the feeling the same character used to play around on the cliffs himself, spooking others that he was going to jump but would land on a ledge.

Any help VERY gratefully received.

J