Quick Questions

emmauk06

What episode number when Donald gets a call to tell him that his baby son Byron had died? I remember watching a scene back in 1999 of Donald looking sad after talking to someone on the phone and then telling Sam who himself looked sad too. I didn't know what it was about because the TV doesn't have subtitles, lol. But I guessed the scene was probably about Byron, right? :unsure:

That's right, it was Episode 2753, 1999 season finale week.

2753_1_zps8fc98d55.jpg2753_2_zps9f0f39e4.jpg

Thanks Dan F for answering my question and posting the pictures. Now I remember this scene, lol. But thanks again :)

What happened to Sam? I can't remember him having a accident. But I can remember him lying on a hospital bed and Donald coming to see him, that's it.

Edited by ~JarlieFanEver~

What episode number when Donald gets a call to tell him that his baby son Byron had died? I remember watching a scene back in 1999 of Donald looking sad after talking to someone on the phone and then telling Sam who himself looked sad too. I didn't know what it was about because the TV doesn't have subtitles, lol. But I guessed the scene was probably about Byron, right? :unsure:

Thanks Dan F for answering my question and posting the pictures. Now I remember this scene, lol. But thanks again :)

What happened to Sam? I can't remember him having a accident. But I can remember him lying on a hospital bed and Donald coming to see him, that's it.

It was a surfing accident. Later that day they were at a party in the caravan park and Sam complained of a headache so Irene took him to hospital.

It was a surfing accident. Later that day they were at a party in the caravan park and Sam complained of a headache so Irene took him to hospital.

Oh I see. Thanks for answering my question, Blaxland 89 :)

Edited by ~JarlieFanEver~

• 1 month later...

From what I've seen in ITV recordings from the 90s, the episodes would feature at the beginning characters talking to the viewers and presenting what they would be going to see. Was this a strategy of storytelling in the 90s or were these presentations only screened in the UK.

Here's the pic to show from Shane and Angels wedding episode to show what I'm talking about

aop1t5.jpg

It was ITV repeating a few storylines as specially edited specials with intros from the characters. From memory they did:

Sophie giving birth to Tamara

The Summer Bay Musical

Adam's House Fire with Sam trapped

Christmas 1994 (Irene as Santa)

Shane & Angel The Love Story (a different format with Dieter & Melissa presenting clips)

Shane & Angel's Wedding

The Bushfire

The Flood

Pretty certain they were only aired in the UK but I might be wrong.

• Like 2

I've seen clips of these before and wondered the same thing. Thanks!

I've got a question - I have a strong memory of the episodes where Robert Perez returns and holds Ailsa and Duncan hostage. I vividly remember a scene in Ailsa's dining room. She sends Duncan out the room and then whispers to Robert that she has been in jail for murder and if he hurts Duncan she won't hesitate to kill again. However, the episodes are on youtube and there is no sign of this scene! Please can someone confirm I am not mad? Was this one of ITV's infamous cuts in the UK?

Edited by beau_t

I think the majority of the links were Pippa with 1 or 2 from Donald, don't remember anyone else.

I've seen clips of these before and wondered the same thing. Thanks!

I've got a question - I have a strong memory of the episodes where Robert Perez returns and holds Ailsa and Duncan hostage. I vividly remember a scene in Ailsa's dining room. She sends Duncan out the room and then whispers to Robert that she has been in jail for murder and if he hurts Duncan she won't hesitate to kill again. However, the episodes are on youtube and there is no sign of this scene! Please can someone confirm I am not mad? Was this one of ITV's infamous cuts in the UK?

That's an interesting one - I have a non-ITV copy of the episode so I'll check when I get a moment.

You're right, Ailsa does say it to Robert in Episode 2720

"If Duncan ever needs to know about prison, I'll tell him alright. Because I probably know as much about it as you do. I was in there for a very long time Robert. I killed someone. And I promise you, if you hurt my son I won't hesitate to do it again"

I also checked the old H&A Uncut site and they don't mention that scene being cut in the ITV showing (though they do mention the knife scene) so I guess it made it intact. Had a quick look for the eps you watched though and I think I may have solved it - if it's the same ones I just checked then 2720 is actually missing and it's a mislabelled 2721 :wink: