Quick Questions

emmauk06

Yes I agree. It didn't work so well with Ailsa though

Yeah comparing the two, I'd say Ken's death was more emotionally engaging. I'd say Hayley had the least amount of focus, but we got some decent stuff from Will, Irene and Nick. I liked what they did with Ken's ring, Irene throwing it into the ocean and resenting it so much, only to rush back later on to try and find it in vain. I remember it being quite sad and Irene crying as she knelt in the waves trying to find it.

I'd like to re-watch the storyline too. The death episode and episodes building up to it as well as a few weeks worth after the death, was on Youtube about six years ago.

Yes. It seem to effect Hayley a bit later on. Think it made her go off the rails for a month.

When did they drop the home and away logo from the end of the episode freeze. Someone told me it was in 1992.

I thought it was 1996. As remeber seeing end of 1993 episodes and it had that logo. Strangely in the 90's freeze frames never had logo in the episodes showed outside Australia.

Yes I agree. It didn't work so well with Ailsa though

Yeah comparing the two, I'd say Ken's death was more emotionally engaging. I'd say Hayley had the least amount of focus, but we got some decent stuff from Will, Irene and Nick. I liked what they did with Ken's ring, Irene throwing it into the ocean and resenting it so much, only to rush back later on to try and find it in vain. I remember it being quite sad and Irene crying as she knelt in the waves trying to find it.

I'd like to re-watch the storyline too. The death episode and episodes building up to it as well as a few weeks worth after the death, was on Youtube about six years ago.

I remembered the parts when Irene threw the ring into the ocean and Hayley was screaming at her, and then next Irene was crying while trying to look for it. Right Hayley was there when she was searching for it?? :unsure:

And I remembered the scene when Irene was thrilled when Hayley returned the ring to her.

Edited by ~JarlieFanEver~

^Yeah that was a really emotional episode. I think Will went to Ken's grave and read out a poem too. There was some beautiful Mike Perjanik music over that scene.

Yeah the logo over the freeze frame was dropped when the new 1996 credits were launched (the glossy beach credits). I've seen episodes from overseas without the logo and it's way better. The logo zooming in was distracting and a bit messy Imo

:offtopic: Neighbours continued with their logo over the freeze frame into the early 00's. But I've also seen episodes of Neighbours from the UK and there isn't even a freeze frame at the end.

Edited by alexx

• 4 weeks later...

No, We never saw her at Uni. But like Red said she would frequently talk about her day there or about the uni work. She was only there for two years though and the first few months of that she was studying maths because she wanted to be an accountant. We once met one of her uni friends Angus. Then she changed to history because she wanted to be an archaeologist. There was no mention of her wanting to be a teacher (history) until after the non wedding and then hey presto she was in the classroom in 5 minutes. And by the end of 2003 she became principal at the ripe old age of 24!

Edited by Blaxland 89
  • Like 1