Quick Questions

emmauk06

I've checked BTTB and it's episodes 1935/1936, Alex was blinded by the explosion. I remember Alex being blind, but not the rest.

Does anyone know if ITV cut it please? There were a lot of bombings in the UK around that time.

I don't remember anything about a grenade, but I do recall a scene from around that 95/96 era of someone's boat hitting a sea- mine (like the nasty horrible, scary things below) and causing an explosion out on the water. I'm sure Shannon and Alf were involved. I was only five/ six years old at the time, so my memory may be a bit dodgy, but I have such clear recall of the scene and asking my parents questions about what the thing in the water was.

SeaMine.jpg

Edited by -Andrew-

They did cut one episode from around that time where Keith Williams, father of Sam's aforementioned friend, held Don hostage with a gun. The episode probably would have aired a few months after Dunblane. Also, I think the guy that was wrongly arrested for Chloe's attack was shot dead by Max Richards and that's why in Episode 2000 we see her go to see him in prison.

All of this sounds utterly over the top, but somehow it worked.

Actually I tend to think that Chloe's dad shooting dead and killing that guy was unnecessary and added nothing to the story, but my memory of that part of the story is patchy, I may change my mind when I see it again.

Yes, the guy that was presumed to have attacked Chloe got killed by her father.We definitely saw the episode and I very much doubt ITV cut it:We saw Max follow the guy round a corner with a shotgun then heard a gunshot and saw the close-up on Irene and Chloe's reaction while everyone rushed about around them.I guess the idea was to show that that was the sort of person Max was and get him out of the show permanently.And I guess it came up with a good reason why no-one noticed he was innocent and Brad got away with it for so long.

But yeah, we did lose the whole storyline that culminated in Don being held hostage.But Norman Coburn still talked about it when he popped up on soap documentaries, just to confuse everyone.

I apologize if my post (including the scanned article) had offended anyone (who lived in the UK) :( I just thought I wanted to post it, that's all. I honestly had no idea there was a bombing in 1996 in the UK until I googled it. I am really sorry, everyone. :( Please remove my previous post. All my thoughts goes to everyone who were affected by the bombing back in 1996 in the UK.

Don't worry, Jarliefan, you haven't offended anyone and there's no need to go around editing this conversation, which is actually quite interesting with regards what people remember.

Thank you, RR1 :) I feel better now as I am glad my post hasn't offended anyone. And yeah it's really interesting for what people will remember about it... And I never saw that episode on NZ screens. Like I said earlier, I just saw pieces and bits of the show back in the 1990s, that's all.

I've checked BTTB and it's episodes 1935/1936, Alex was blinded by the explosion. I remember Alex being blind, but not the rest.

Does anyone know if ITV cut it please? There were a lot of bombings in the UK around that time.

I don't remember anything about a grenade, but I do recall a scene from around that 95/96 era of someone's boat hitting a sea- mine (like the nasty horrible, scary things below) and causing an explosion out on the water. I'm sure Shannon and Alf were involved. I was only five/ six years old at the time, so my memory may be a bit dodgy, but I have such clear recall of the scene and asking my parents questions about what the thing in the water was.

SeaMine.jpg

Yeah, as I mentioned in my post they discovered sea mines, but the storyline with the explosion that blinded Alex, was a seperate storyline involving a grenade at an old army base. On seperate occasions they also discovered a plane wreck with skeletons (I think they actually turned out to be ancestors of Simon Broadhurst who left with Angel), and previously Shannon had found a dead body in the bush!

I believe it was, yes.They initially thought he'd died in the bush fire but then they found out he'd been hit on the head before the fire.

Yes it was Mud. Mud's death was caused by Dodge in the end, despite everyone thinking he died in the bushfire.

• 1 month later...

I noticed that in episode 915 broadcasted on 7TWO during first few minutes the picture was stretched to fit whole widescreen only later it went to its usual form with black bars on left and right. Did this mistake occur in all Australia or only in some areas?