Quick Questions

emmauk06

Written down the Ailsa 'ghost' storyline would probably come across as ridiculous and stupid, something a trashy American soap would come up with - but it was actually such a great storyline. It was funny, dark and emotional too. It was also very character lead, which is why it works so well.

I always remember the scene when 'Ailsa' and Alf are talking to each other sitting on the couch, I think they were talking about how he's missed her since she died - he put's his arm around her and says something along the lines of 'I never want to let you go'... Leah is secretly watching on looking concerned, and we see a shot of Alf sitting there with his arm around nothing. It's quite a sad scene.

Is the end scene where Alf sees Ailsa in the diner on youtube at all? Or any part of this storyline?

Yeah it was written really well. It was a really touching storyline too as Alf was so desperate to hold onto Ailsa and not let her go a second time.

I agree with you and I think the Angie Russell storyline that was continuing as this storyline occurred was brilliant as well. It was one of the primary reasons as to why the ratings increased dramatically after a decline around 2001.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone remember the 1998 England episodes? We're they set in Yorkshire? I think Selina was in those episodes but I was under the impression she left in 1997? Was 1998 therefore her final appearance? I seem to remember she was cooped up in her bedroom in England or something.

I think they were actually set in Shropshire?(Setting myself up to look foolish there.)There was only one episode where we actually saw the characters there, even though Irene and especially Marilyn were absent from Summer Bay for weeks.It was a one-off return appearance for Selina(and yes, it's her last appearance to date), Irene and Marilyn went to look after her while she was ill and she reunited with a similarly one-off returning Steven while they were there.

Does anyone remember the 1998 England episodes? We're they set in Yorkshire? I think Selina was in those episodes but I was under the impression she left in 1997? Was 1998 therefore her final appearance? I seem to remember she was cooped up in her bedroom in England or something.

I think they were actually set in Shropshire?(Setting myself up to look foolish there.)There was only one episode where we actually saw the characters there, even though Irene and especially Marilyn were absent from Summer Bay for weeks.It was a one-off return appearance for Selina(and yes, it's her last appearance to date), Irene and Marilyn went to look after her while she was ill and she reunited with a similarly one-off returning Steven while they were there.

That's right. Ironbridge in Shropshire. I like that episode but Fisher didn't find it all that interesting LOL

• 2 weeks later...

How does

David die?

Well, you'll find out in

episode 838, which is on 7Two like, tomorrow, or even today if it's Tuesday where you are.But if people can't wait that long, Karen drives through a Stop sign and collides with his car, causing him to fatally crash.