Quick Questions

emmauk06

• 3 months later...

Just rewatching the pilot. Can anyone explain Neville's joke in the pilot when Alf comes to the caravan park about the bearded lady. I like to think that I have a fairly good comic head on me, but I have never been able to make heads nor tails of what the punchline to Neville's joke was.

"Can't complain, as the bearded lady said to the barber."Um, well, a barber is usually someone who cuts gentlemen's hair so I guess the joke refers to a lady needing a beard trimmed, something that's usually reserved for men.The "can't complain" bit is somewhat irrelevant, although it could refer to women gossiping in hairdresser's...

Yeah, the so called "joke" is really just the fact that there's a woman getting her beard cut.

They use that form of joke a couple of times in the pilot, the other one being "Our pleasure... as the siamese twins said to their girlfriend".

It's really just taking a relatively common phrase ("Can't complain", "our pleasure", etc)... and puting it into an unusual context for a joke.

But on both occasions none of the other characters find it funny so I don't think you need your sense of humour checked, they weren't supposed to be funny!

One thing I love about the pilot is that there is ALWAYS something new to notice every time you watch it.

Edited by beau_t

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

How's it going?? :) *waves*

Okay I have a question that had get me wondering for a while-about a old H&A episode I saw back in 2000...okay um it's about Duncan and a lady fighting on the cliffs before she fell over the cliff down to her death. (It was the episode that Duncan-in tears-confessed to the police he thought he pushed Alicia over the cliff or something like that...

What episode number was it?

I had been googling 'deaths on home and away' and found her name on wiki on the 'list of deaths, births and marriages...' page so her name is Alicia Campbell.

I wonder why they were fighting about? Is it because of something happening between Shauna and Alicia's husband e.g. a love affair or something like that?

It would be appreciated if someone answers my quesiton please. Thanks! :)

Edited by ~JarlieFanEver~

^That is episode 2916, we saw Alicia's death in flashbacks during Duncan's confession after she'd been found dead some weeks earlier.As you say, they were arguing about the fact Shauna had been sort-of having an affair with Alicia's husband.

Oh right. Thanks so much for answering my question, RR1. :) Wow there are lots of episodes I can remember seeing bits and pieces of them back in the mid 1990s and mid 2000s.

Hey there was a episode back in the 2000s I can remember seeing pieces and bits of it...okay it is about Alf's visions or dreams of a black man (who looked like him) That black man saved Colleen from harm or something like that and Colleen told Alf that a black man saved her and that he looked like him (Alf)

And Alf smiled to himself and said something like e.g. "Thanks, mate."

Who is the black man? And why is he in Alf's visions/dreams? Would be apperciated if someone answers my question please. Thanks! :)

Alf had a brain tumour and while he was getting an operation to have it removed, he "died" on the operating table for a short time during which he had a near death experience where the ghost/angel of Ailsa showed him around what Summer Bay would be like in the future if Alf died. He was allowed to interact and talk to other characters but he wasn't allowed to look like himself so he "borrowed" the appearance of another ghost/angel, a black man.

A while later that same guy saved Colleen and when Alf heard the description of him he realised it must be the same ghost.

In hindsight you could say that because Colleen and Alf were siblings, this is why he intervened. Though at the time that story had not been written.

• 2 weeks later...

Alf had a brain tumour and while he was getting an operation to have it removed, he "died" on the operating table for a short time during which he had a near death experience where the ghost/angel of Ailsa showed him around what Summer Bay would be like in the future if Alf died. He was allowed to interact and talk to other characters but he wasn't allowed to look like himself so he "borrowed" the appearance of another ghost/angel, a black man.

A while later that same guy saved Colleen and when Alf heard the description of him he realised it must be the same ghost.

In hindsight you could say that because Colleen and Alf were siblings, this is why he intervened. Though at the time that story had not been written.

Thank you so much for answering my question, beau_t. :) Sorry it took me too long to get back to you, lol. :P

I have another question... well it's about the 'Irene and baby Paul storyline' back in 1997

It happened after Paul was snatched from hospital...okay let me try to remember. Right here I go...it was the episode when Pippa and Finaly were talking....

Pippa said something to Finaly like e.g. 'Remember you are pregnant...' or something like that. I can remember these words she said. I am not sure if I am right? :unsure: And Finaly broke down crying saying she has a dream or something like that about Paul before Pippa hugs her.

What episode number was when Irene found Paul in the church and then was returned to his parents...? I remember seeing the episode when Irene finds Paul in the church.

Would be really apperciated if someone helps me please. Thanks :) xx