Quick Questions

emmauk06

A visual reference to 90's Bert:

bert.jpg

As a sidenote I absolutely loved his and Isobel's short fling - their first meeting they were having a blazing row after reversing their cars into each other, the next scene they were out to dinner. The above cap was a very amusing scene where both Isobel and Stephanie were being sneaked out of Bert and Liam's bedrooms respectively, only for the 2 couples to meet on the landing.

Yeah, he's Pippa's dad, Bert. He hass been seen in 1988 played by a different actor, he then returns in 1995 when Coral, his wife, dies. This return stint is due to Pippa being in a coma.

He returned at first during 1995 with his best mate, I cant for the life of me remember the storyline but I think Jack gave his best mate a heart attack. Then he returned again a few other times and Pippa wanted him to go into a retirement home.

When he returned in 1997, that was for Pippa's coma.

Yeah, he's Pippa's dad, Bert. He hass been seen in 1988 played by a different actor, he then returns in 1995 when Coral, his wife, dies. This return stint is due to Pippa being in a coma.

He returned at first during 1995 with his best mate, I cant for the life of me remember the storyline but I think Jack gave his best mate a heart attack. Then he returned again a few other times and Pippa wanted him to go into a retirement home.

When he returned in 1997, that was for Pippa's coma.

I don't remember a best mate but I do remember Jack giving him a heart attack.It might not have been his first return stint, I seem to remember him as someone who was dipping in and out over a number of years.It must have been shortly after Jack dated Sally(possibly 1996?), he was going off the rails a bit and Bert was the only one who could really be bothered to try with him, then I think Jack stole from him and while they were arguing about it Bert keeled over and Jack went to get help.Then Bert convinced Pippa to give him another chance by saying he was up in court for breaking and entering when he was young and the judge gave him the chance to join the army and straighten himself out.

Yeah it was his first return in 1995 where he was showing signs of forgetfulness (as beau_t said, calling Michael 'Tom' and also calling Shannon 'Sharon') - he'd come to Pip's after being at his sister's as she was suggesting putting him in a retirement village. However when he went to visit one with Pip he found his old army buddy Harry there and so decided to stay. It's Harry who came to Summer Bay with him in 1996, and I seem to remember that it was Harry's wallet that Jack pinched which led to Bert's heart attack

Hmm, I don't actually know offhand what was established on-screen, I guess we'll find out either way soon enough. The synopses are Seven's original ones, indeed I can see the same phrase was used in press listings for the recent 7Two repeat....so if it is wrong then at least we aren't the ones to blame :innocent::P