Quick Questions

emmauk06

I've seen the UK version, without a logo, and I prefer that. A logo is still used over the freeze frame at least until mid-1996. I can't for the life of me work out what it looked like in the later 90's (with the H&A sign in the credits) - actually I'm not sure its used during 96-99. Anyone else remember?

Edited by alexx

I've seen the UK version, without a logo, and I prefer that. A logo is still used over the freeze frame at least until mid-1996. I can't for the life of me work out what it looked like in the later 90's (with the H&A sign in the credits) - actually I'm not sure its used during 96-99. Anyone else remember?

Yeah I think by that stage they just showed the freeze-frame, without the logo on UK and Aus broadcasts.

I miss the freeze-frame ending, it's such a good way to cap off an episode, especially for emotional scenes.

I think there's a snobbery about freeze-frame endings and that they have a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_3rJqHWYjs. However if you look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07QOnnPEFVs, the director tried something a bit different throughout just before a series of flashbacks. Watch between the beginning of the episode and just before the first flashback (6 hours earlier) and there is a freeze-frame and fade out that I think would be very appropriate today.

Yeah I think by that stage they just showed the freeze-frame, without the logo on UK and Aus broadcasts.

Correct, the logo disappeared with the new credits in 1996. I bought the video below from Australia and was surprised to see the logo (in brighter colours to match the sun and wave opening titles) pop up throughout Shane and Angel's wedding episode. I'd never seen an Australian formatted episode before at that time. However, the 2000th episode doesn't have the logos.

tn_video4.jpg

Hey everyone...I need help to answer a question that had been tugging at me for a while. It's about a character I haven't seen on H&A since 1997. I remember seeing bits of him...

He was a man with white hair and white mustache. He used to stay in the main house with Pippa and the foster children. I can't remember his name.

All I can remember him saying in a episode "I am going to talk to the boy..." or something like that when Sam walks down with food saying he (Liam Tanner) doesn't want to eat anything but Sally tells him (the man) to leave it for now. It was probably the aftermath of Stephanie Mboto's death in 1997. That's what I can remember about him.

What was his name? He was Pippa's dad, right?

Would be really appericated if someone can answer the question for me please. Thanks! :)

Edited by ~JarlieFanEver~

Hey everyone...I need help to answer a question that had been tugging at me for a while. It's about a character I haven't seen on H&A since 1997. I remember seeing bits of him...

He was a man with white hair and white mustache. He used to stay in the main house with Pippa and the foster children. I can't remember his name.

All I can remember him saying in a episode "I am going to talk to the boy..." or something like that when Sam walks down with food saying he (Liam Tanner) doesn't want to eat anything but Sally tells him (the man) to leave it for now. It was probably the aftermath of Stephanie Mboto's death in 1997. That's what I can remember about him.

What was his name? He was Pippa's dad, right?

Would be really appericated if someone can answer the question for me please. Thanks! :)

It was indeed Pippa's dad. Bert King I think his name was. He had appeared previously played by another actor in the early years. He first popped up (played by the actor you are referring to with the white moustache) around 1995 where he was showing signs of going slightly senile (he kept calling Michael "Tom" and would forget where he left things, or would start a job and then forget what he was doing and go off and do something else). He returned to help out around the house around 1997 when Pippa was in a coma and had a short "romance" with Don Fisher's mother Isobel. They changed his character slightly as he was a lot more "with it" this time and was able to run a house full of teenagers.

Edited by beau_t