The LOL [Learning Other Languages] thread

Guest ilovekateritchie

I'd like to learn Swedish, but only after I'm fluent in Italian... I can't learn too many new languages at the same time, my concentration level isn't healthy enough... But one day, I want to ski the Swiss Alps...

Hm... did I miss something here?

What has the Swiss Alps got to do with this? You do realise Swedish is the language in Sweden, not Switzerland, right? :P

Oh, and "Will you marry me" in Norwegian: "Vil du gifte deg med meg". I think it's the same thing in Danish, and somewhat the same in SWEDISH. :P

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today, tomorrow or next week. Jess? Your country or mine?

I've always wanted to go to SA - I reckon it would be brilliant for a honeymoon! I'm thinking tonight, before you're slaughtered in the rugby tomorrow...

I think this conversation kinda died...

I might be heading to bed soon anyway (btw, where did Jess and Kyle go? :ph34r::P ) and get some sleep. God natt.

I'd like to learn Swedish, but only after I'm fluent in Italian... I can't learn too many new languages at the same time, my concentration level isn't healthy enough... But one day, I want to ski the Swiss Alps...

Hm... did I miss something here?

What has the Swiss Alps got to do with this? You do realise Swedish is the language in Sweden, not Switzerland, right? :P

Oh, and "Will you marry me" in Norwegian: "Vil du gifte deg med meg". I think it's the same thing in Danish, and somewhat the same in SWEDISH. :P

Did you see the Big But there??? I just wanted to let you know where you're going on our honeymoon.

Today, tomorrow or next week. Jess? Your country or mine?

I've always wanted to go to SA - I reckon it would be brilliant for a honeymoon! I'm thinking tonight, before you're slaughtered in the rugby tomorrow...

We are so not going to get slaughtered. We beat you before, we will do it again.

But you said tonight, so I'm waiting in my tux...

Oh yeah, suuuuure :P

I can go skiing here instead, no need to go all the way to Switzerland for that. But like Jess said, you'll have to make up your mind, this ain't "Big love" :P

Goodnighttime for the Eli as well. I'll dream sweet dreams as well. About Ryan Kwanten.

• 3 months later...

Ohh, I'm gonna need some time and some Swedish people before I can answer the first one. I'll try the I love you one, but I can't promise all of them are correct :P

Norwegian - Jeg elsker deg

New Norwegian - Eg elskar deg

Swedish - Jag älsker dig

Danish - Jeg elsker dig

French - Je t'aime

German - Ich liebe dich

Polish: Kocham cie (?)

Polynesian (?) - Ma ka mae

Umm, there's no such language. Polynesia is a group of islands, made up of different countries and different languages (eg. Samoan from Samoa, Rarotongan from Rarotonga [my land :D lol], Tahitian from Papaeeti, etc.)

Archived