The LOL [Learning Other Languages] thread

Guest ilovekateritchie

Cal - Your French is good. :) There are just two spelling mistakes, one of which is influenced by your native language and is a mistake a lot of French people make. When you talk about a language, you don't use a capital letter but you have to use if you're talking about the inhabitant of the country.

eg: Je parle français. Les Français aiment le fromage et le vin.

The other mistake is appelle.

Oh, thanks! :D

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Je pense que je pourrais devenir un membre du groupe de Facebook appelé: 'Je parie que je peux trouver 1,000,000 de personnes qui haïssent Sarkozy...'. ^_^

I'm not sure about the red. :( I really need to brush up on my french verbs, grammar and vocabulary. :lol:

Great! Thanks. :) It's the small things I slip up on. I think I'm going to do a French course. It takes a year to do, and it's my Plan B if I can't find a Uni course (again!). I think they are modules of 12 weeks, so you don't have to do an entire year at once, which would suit me perfectly.

And then after French, it's Irish again. I know 20% of Irish, it's just the classes in school were terrible so I couldn't learn it properly. :mellow:

• 1 month later...

Archived