The LOL [Learning Other Languages] thread

Guest ilovekateritchie

I have orals next year, at the moment we're just learning the questions. How many questions per language did you have to learn, Cal?

In French, we learn quite a lot. I'd say up to 40 questions. But then with that amount learned, you can answer almost any other question. And in Irish, I'd say we learn about 20-ish. But I'm in a lower level for Irish, so it's much easier than a higher level. :)

We have 100 to learn but thats higher spanish, I hated french.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh...why I took German I have know idea. It started out as the easiest language I ever learned, but then it suddenly got hard. I can't even explain why I find it complex. Perhaps it's because of it's hectic grammar. When the teacher tries to explain it I say "Was in die world?" :lol: This weekend, I'm making it my #1 priority to study German!

It is quite complex with all these grammar rules, but I quite like the language itself

Io parlo l'italiano. Ci sono altre persone che lo parlano? Perché devo fare l'esame in maggio e ho paura! Ed anche parlare mi manca perché oggi il mio partner di scambio italiano ritornava a casa. :(

And I'm not entirely sure that it made any sense at all, but oh well...

My Irish oral has been moved. I'm now on tomorrow morning. <_< I am so angry! I wanted it to be done and dusted! :(

My Irish was unbelievably terrible :(

It started off what age are you, where do you live.....to do I feel pressure to be fashionable? What are my thoughts on immigration? Is there a litter problem in my area? What pressures are young people facing? (Mentioned school, she asked me again, said drugs :P) What do I feel about the state and future of the Irish language...

It was just so awful! and my sliocht was one i didn't like very much so that didn't help matters. I came out, ran straight to the bathroom and cried.

It's really annoying because French went so well :(

Io parlo l'italiano. Ci sono altre persone che lo parlano? Perché devo fare l'esame in maggio e ho paura! Ed anche parlare mi manca perché oggi il mio partner di scambio italiano ritornava a casa. :(

And I'm not entirely sure that it made any sense at all, but oh well...

I only started learning Italian this year, so I'm not exactly sure what your trying to say :P But I believe Io parlo l'italiano means I speak Italian, right? Ci sono persone che lo parlano = Is there anyone else who speaks it, right? And Perché devo fare l'esame in maggio e ho paura = Because I have an exam in may and I'm scared? Ed anche parlare mi manca perché oggi il mio partner di scambio italiano ritornava a casa = something about your speaking lacks because your Italian exchange partner has returned home? I don't know... :P

My Irish was unbelievably terrible

It started off what age are you, where do you live.....to do I feel pressure to be fashionable? What are my thoughts on immigration? Is there a litter problem in my area? What pressures are young people facing? (Mentioned school, she asked me again, said drugs) What do I feel about the state and future of the Irish language...

It was just so awful! and my sliocht was one i didn't like very much so that didn't help matters. I came out, ran straight to the bathroom and cried.

It's really annoying because French went so well

Aww! Sorry to hear that. But I'm sure you did better than you think!

Well, I had mine at 10-ish today. The first question was "Where did your parents get yur first name from?" - Holy crap! I had no idea what to say. Seriously. That hit me like a truck. :P

The rest was okay. Nothing too good, but I understood him and I tried to answer everything. My Slioct was number 4. I highlighted all of 5, but he wasn't being nice song he picked 4 :P.

Archived