The LOL [Learning Other Languages] thread

Guest ilovekateritchie

^^ Oh, that's crappy! I'm not doing my document anymore. She said if you don't know it well, then don't bother bringing it in because you'll lose marks. So, it's just me speaking for 12 minutes... to a tape recorder and a grumpy old woman... :(

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I know what you mean! We went out for lunch and I was shaking! :( I spoke to Dad for 12 minutes and he didn't even ask me about my typical day or what I want to do after my LC. :D

So weird! I'm just after coming from lunch too and I was talking bout it and then next thing I knew I got REALLY nervous. AND silly me decided to go to a concert tonight too so I won't get much done. At least I've something interesting for le weekend dernier! Although...perhaps I shouldn't mention it, it might give off the fact that I couldn't be bothered :P

And crap. The oral exam was the most terrifying thing I have done in my life. I kinda skipped a few classes because I was so nervous.... :P

She asked me about my family and I said almost four minutes of stuff on that. Then half way through describing something, she asked me if I had a mobile phone! It completely threw me off course. I said that I didn't and that a wasn't interested in them... :P

Thirty marks of the exam go to communication. So basically, you have to look at them the whole time while speaking. I stared at her and she didn't look at me that much... she kept on looking out the window... :(

Oh well, it's done now. :rolleyes:

Aww, orals suck, Cal. But in mine they asked me what I liked best about my life and I said 'Is maith liom frisbee' :P

I möchte schlafen, aber es ist zu früh und ich gehe heute Abend zu Barcode also kann ich nicht einfach ins Bett ein paar stunden schlafen :P

You understood what she asked you, so that's good! I once had an oral exam and I gave answer to a complete different question, but the look on the teacher's face was worth it

Haha! I said a few things that didn't make much sense, but I think she understood. :P

Aww, orals suck, Cal. But in mine they asked me what I liked best about my life and I said 'Is maith liom frisbee'

Well, this morning I came out with a perfect sentence, "Je suis go maith". It even sounds correct even though it is two languages mixed! Irish Oral is next Monday. Hopefully he won't ask me irrelevant questions. :P

I hate oral exams. I'm always nervous. But I've always undertood what the teacher asked me, no matter the language. So that's a good thing.

Yeah, understanding the questions was never a problem for me... it was answering them. :P

I came out of English shaking, so I ditched Study class and sat with a few people in the hall for 40 minutes. Then I skipped Business Org. because I was about to be called for the exam. I finished at around 12:20.... and I still didn't turn up for the last 20 minutes of Business because I was all jittery. hehe!

Archived