The LOL [Learning Other Languages] thread

Guest ilovekateritchie

Okay, so I thought about it, suggested it and decided to do it. I'm not good at explaining, so I'll use an example of how this thread might work.

PERSON A:

Anyone who speaks Afrikaans. I'd like to know how to say "I am in South Africa on holiday" in Afrikaans.

PERSON B:

English - I am in South Africa on holiday.

Afrikaans - Ek is met vakansie in Suid-Afrika.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, I'd love to know a most useful phrase in Afrikaans - "Hey, my name's Jess and I think you're hot." I'm sure it'll come in useful some day...

:lol: !

I think it's time we had a looong big-girl-talk about grown-ups and grown-up related issues, Jess! :P

And btw, ilovekateritchie, you stole my topic title! I created "The LOL thread" ages ago :P

Hmm, I'd love to know a most useful phrase in Afrikaans - "Hey, my name's Jess and I think you're hot." I'm sure it'll come in useful some day...

Good one...

It would be - Hi, my naam is Jess en ek dink jy's baie hot!

:P

I'd like to know how to say "I am going to kiss you now" in Italian...

Eli - darn, and here I thought I was being creative.

*Hangs head in shame*

I don't mean to party-poop here, but if you can just keep this other language speak free of abusive language, negative comments on ANY people's looks etc. :rolleyes:

*Runs away from rioting South Africans and Norwegians* :P

Archived