Dannii Minogue - Back to the Bay?

Guest ter06

DANNII SET TO PLAY AWAY

X Factor babe Dannii Minogue has got fans in such a lather, she has been asked to appear on her old soap Home and Away.

The 35-year-old star made her debut in the long-running Aussie TV series back in 1989 playing teen rebel Emma Jackson.

The role had been specially written for her.

She proved so popular with fans that they voted her arrival on the soap as one of the top 10 best telly moments on 1989.

Sexy Dannii stayed with the series for just over a year and bowed out in 1990 to pursue her singing career.

Now Home and Away bosses want her back.

They are planning a special 20th anniversary show of the soap next year and have asked if she will return to Summer Bay as wild child Emma.

Once Dannii has finished filming X Factor at Christmas, she will fly back home to shoot a new series of Australia’s Got Talent.

It is rumoured she will take some time out to film Home and Away.

I would love to go back. If they asked me I would do it Dannii Minogue

Asked if she would ever return to the soap, she said: “I would love to go back. If they asked me I would do it.”

Heat Magazine

Dannii – returning to Home And Away?

She may be a successful solo artist and an X Factor judge now, but there was a time when Dannii Minogue could only be found wearing one of those attractive potato-sack school dresses in Aussie soap, Home And Away. The 35-year-old star made her debut on the long-running soap back in 1989, where she played feisty, black-eyeliner-fan Emma Jackson. She only stayed for a year, but proved so popular that now bosses want her back for a special 20th anniversary show. Asked if she would ever return to the show, Dannii said, “I would love to go back. If they asked me I would do it.” heatworld wonders if they’ll have any luck getting mega-successful, renowned Hollywood actor Guy Pearce to retrace his steps, too?

I think given Guy didn't reprise his 4-year-long role of Mike for the Neighbours 20th anniversary, he won't do it for a show where he had a 6 week guest stint.

And Emma, I just cannot see fitting back into Summer Bay.. why would she return? To say "Hi Alf, where's Aunty Ailsa?"

Shouldn't that article read "proved so popular, it's taken them eighteen years to ask her back?" I'm all for her coming back for a guestie though preferably not as a "wild child"....but they make it sound like the show has never been the same without her or something, which I believe to be highly untrue.

Digital Spy

Dannii Minogue is to reprise her role as Emma Jackson on Home and Away, a report claims.

The X Factor judge will return to the Australian soap to mark its 20th anniversary in 2008.

She played the character for a year in 1988, winning a Silver Logie Award for the 'Most Popular Actress on Australian Television'.

A source told Inside Soap: "Dannii knows it was Home and Away that really got her to where she is today, and she wants to help them with their anniversary celebrations next year.

"Even though she is very busy with work at the moment, she is planning on setting aside some time to do a couple of episodes of the show. She'll be in Australia anyway, judging on Australia's Got Talent, so it won't be too hard for her to pop along to the set."

Archived