Someone’s Watching You

Guest valli

^^ :lol:

Enjoy :D

Chapter 11

Outside the police station

Jack took two steps back and locked shocked at the writing.

“Trust me, we were just as shocked as you are.” Fitzy said. Jack tried to say something, but he wasn’t able to get anything out.

“We understand that this is a big shock for you, but you need to keep your head together. If she is alive, we have to find her before she causes anymore harm.” McGrath said and picked up the keys to the car, that somebody had dropped.

“What do you mean with if?”

“Well, there’s the possibility that someone is messing with us.”

Jack nodded. He had been so shocked with the possibility of Zoë’s return, that the thought of someone messing with them hadn’t even crossed his mind.

“Do I have to stay? I would like to get back to Martha, if that’s possible.”

“Of course you don’t. Go back to Martha. We’ve got things under control.”

He nodded a “Thanks” and went back to his car and took off.

Northern District hospital

Jack arrived at the hospital. He stopped outside the door and tried to hide his worries. The last thing Martha needed was to find out that Zoë might be back. He took a deep breath and walked in the door. He smiled at Ric and Cassie and walked in to Martha. Alf and Sally were with here. Alf got up and walked over to Jack.

“Any news?” he asked.

“We have some evidence, but not enough.”

“I’m sure you are doing everything you can.”

“Thanks. Can I be alone with Martha for a few minutes?”

“Yeah sure.”

Alf turned around and told Sally that they should go out. She got up and together with Alf; she left the room. Jack went over to Martha and leant over her and gave her a kiss. She smiled at him.

“I’ve missed you.” She said with a flirting tone.

I’ve missed you too.” He whispered into her ear. Martha looked at him. She could sense that something was wrong.

“What is it?”

“What?”

He smiled and pretended that everything was okay.

“What is it that’s bothering you?”

“There’s nothing that’s bothering me!” he exclaimed and put on a fake smile,

Martha looked deeply into his eyes. She captured him with her eyes, trying to make him relax and tell her what it was. He sighed and looked up. He tried to avoid being captured by her eyes. She gave him an innocent smile. He laughed.

“Fine, I’ll tell you.”

He held her hand and looked into her beautiful, brown eyes.

“We think we know who the driver is.”

“That’s great! Right?”

“Yeah, it is. Just one question: Do you remember who hit you?”

She looked away.

Hey…

He took his hand on her cheek and looked at her. A tear fell from her eye.

It’s okay if you don’t remember,”

I can’t. Everything is just…gone!” she said with a weak voice. She was fighting the tears back.

“I shouldn’t have brought it up.” Jack said with a sad voice. He could see how much it was bothering her. He didn’t want to tell her about Zoë.

“Who is the driver, then?”

He sighed. He was hoping that she wasn’t going to ask that question.

“You don’t need to worry about that. I’ll take care of it.”

She looked confused at him. Why wouldn’t he tell her who it was? He probably had his reasons. He leant forward and gave her a kiss.

I love you,” he whispered.

I love you too,”

He touched her stomach.

“I love you too, mate,” he said to the baby. Martha giggled. She thought it was cute and was looking forward to seeing Jack as a father. Jack kissed Martha good-bye and left the hospital.

The police station

Jack walked in and over to Fitzy and McGrath.

“Any news?” he asked.

“Yeah. We do believe that Zoë is alive and we also think that Zoë is going to place a bomb somewhere.” McGrath answered.

Jack was in shock.

A bomb?!

Promo: Will Zoë’s bomb claim the life of a Summer Bay favourite? Martha finds out about Zoë. How will she take it? But is it really Zoë who is behind it all?

Thanks for your comments :)

Chapter 12

The police station

Jack just stood there, looking from Fitzy to McGrath. He couldn’t believe what he had just heard.

“Are you serious?” was the only thing he managed to get out.

“I’m afraid so. Now it’s a race against time. We have to find out what she has planned before she places the bomb,” McGrath answered.

“Yeah, I understand. Are we going to have a town meeting?”

“We thought that might be a good idea,”

None of them thought that Zoë might place the bomb at the town meeting. There were too much going to through their heads.

Jack had been ordered back to the hospital. They needed him as a guard there. He wasn’t too happy about that, because it meant that he had to tell Martha. He pulled himself together and went in to her room. She was, luckily, alone.

“Hi!” she happily exclaimed as he came in. She was feeling lonely and was happy that she now had someone to talk to.

“There’s something I need to tell you, and you’re not going to like it,”

“I was hoping for a ’hi’…”

“Yeah, sorry. Hi,” he said sarcastic.

“What’s wrong with you? You’re acting as if the world is dying, or something…”

“Zoë is back!” he almost yelled out before she had time to say anything else. She fell immediately silent and just stared at him.

“What?!”

“I know I should have told you before…” he started to explain, but she interrupted him.

“Yes, you should have! The woman who ruined my wedding is now trying to destroy me!”

“Hey, this is not my fault! I’m not the reason she’s back!”

Martha looked angry at Jack, but she knew that she couldn’t blame him. It was just that the fact that Zoë was back scared the crap out of her. Jack sighed before he finished what he had to say.

“There’s going to be a town meeting later. Are you going to be there?”

“Sure,” she replied and turned her back to Jack. Jack felt like swearing, but he managed not to say anything and left.

The Surf Club

Several hours later, everyone had showed up at the Surf Club for the town meeting. No one, except the police and Martha, knew why they were there. McGrath stood up in front of everyone and started to explain why they were there.

“As some of you may know, one of our citizens was hit by a car a couple of days ago. But what most of you don’t know, is who’s responsible,”

“Would you just get to the point?” it came from one in the crowd.

“If you will shut up, I might,” McGrath replied, annoyed.

The man in the crowd gave him an annoyed look and closed his mouth.

“Zoë is back,”

If you say ’I love you’, those three little words create a lot of happiness (hopefully), but these three little words created a lot of fear. Everyone started to move around and the whisper started to move around in the room.

“But that’s not all,” McGrath continued. Everyone looked at him.

“She’s also going to place a bomb somewhere,”

“We’re all going to die!” Colleen exclaimed in fear.

“No, you’re not going to die if you follow our rules,”

As the silent fell in the room, a sound filled the room.

Tick tock, tick tock.

“Did none of you idiots make sure that she didn’t place the bomb here?” Alf yelled out from the terrified crowd.

Jack was about to answer when he saw Martha’s terrified look. She was looking at something behind him. He turned around and saw the bomb. It was ten seconds left.

“Everybody get down!” he yelled and ran towards Martha.

The last seconds ran out and the bomb blew off. The walls fell apart and all the windows broke in to a thousand pieces. Smoke filled the room. Jack tried to get up, but everything was out of focus. He looked around. He hadn’t made it over to Martha in time. His eyes were wide open as he saw a dead person where Martha had been before the explosion.

Promo: Has Zoë finished what she started? Who is dead?

Do you actually think that I would kill off Martha this soon after she got out of hospital? :blink: That would have been too evil, I couldn’t have done that -_-

Chapter 13

The Surf Club

Jack wasn’t able to move. He didn’t have the guts to go over to make sure that Martha was gone. But he knew that he had make sure. He held back his tears and crawled over to the dead body. He leant over it and was shocked when he saw who it was. Because on the floor, dead as a person could be, was Sam. Had she even been there before the explosion? Even though he knew that he should feel sad, he just couldn’t. If Sam was the body, then it was a small chance that Martha was still alive.

“Martha?” he yelled out.

“Over here!” a voice replied.

Jack crawled towards the voice, and saw, to his relief, Martha next to Ric. She was crying, which was understandable, since she had after all, only just got out of hospital. He laid his arms around her and tried to comfort her.

“Have you seen Granddad?” Ric asked while looking around. Jack shook his head. Everything was a complete mess and he doubted that anyone knew what they were doing. Martha leant on Jack and allowed the tears to come.

It’s okay,” he gently whispered in her ear.

No, it’s not! Granddad could be dead; Sam is dead… Everything is just awful!”

Jack was about to reply when he heard a voice he knew:

“Flammin’ mongrels!”

All three of them smiled. There was only one man who would yell out something like. That man was Alf Stewart. Alf came towards them with Mattie right behind. Apart from a few scratches, they both seemed fine. Ric got up and grabbed Mattie and held her close to him. She started to cry. Alf looked sad down.

“What’s wrong?”

“Cassie and Sally are dead,” Alf replied with a sad voice. You could see that he was about to cry. Then a sound came from the roof. Before anyone had time to react, the ceiling came down and buried Alf. Martha, who had got up and was about to go over to Alf, cried out a “no!” and started trying to remove the ceiling. Jack got up and grabbed her. She cried. He tried to comfort her, but he knew that there was no way she would forget this. He just hoped that the stress wasn’t going to cause any more problems. They didn’t need another death.

“We have to get out!” he said to Ric and Mattie, and guided Martha outside. Some had got out, but Jack suspected that there were more people inside. They had to get out before the entire building came down. He gently put Martha down. She was still crying. He told Ric to look after her, before he went back inside. He heard Martha saying that he couldn’t leave her. Oh, how much he wished that he could have stayed with her, but he had to do his job. When he got in, he couldn’t see anyone, but he could hear a weak voice. He searched the room and found a little girl, who was hiding behind a chair. He reached out his hand. She looked at it, before she decided that she should take it.

“Come with me,” he said and guided her out.

“I think that was all the survivors,” he said when he came out.

“No, my husband is still in there!” a woman cried out from the crowd.

“I’ll go and get him,” Jack said before he turned around and went back inside. He looked around, but he couldn’t find anyone. ’He must be dead, then,” he thought and was about to head back out, when he heard a voice:

“Help me!”

He looked around and saw a hand. He ran over to it and saw a man trapped behind something Jack didn’t see what was.

“I’ll get you out!” he said and fetched a chair he could use to remove the things that was over him. The roof started to make more sounds. Jack suspected it to come down any second. Finally, after some hard struggling, he got the man loose.

“Run!” the man yelled before he ran as fast as he could to the exit. Jack was about to follow when the ceiling gave in. The last thing he remembered, was seeing the roof coming down on him, and thinking how Martha was going to cope without him…

Promo: Is this the end of Jack? If so, how will Martha cope with the loss of the love of her life? And, we are getting closer to the final act…

This is the preultimate chapter.

Chapter 14.

The Surf Club

Martha had been waiting patiently outside, but when the building fell apart, she screamed a scream that no ears should be unfortunate enough to hear. It was the scream of loss, the scream that makes you want to cover your ears, never to hear again. Ric grabbed her and tried to comfort her, even though he knew that Jack was the only one who could do that. The rescue team tried to get the roof away, so the could search the area. Suddenly, a part of the roof started to move, as if someone was trying to get out. A man from the rescue team ran over to see what it was.

“We got a survivor here!” he yelled out and started removing the planks. Martha looked up and got herself free from Ric’s arms. She ran over to the man and looked at the person he was digging out.

“Jack!” she exclaimed as she recognized the familiar face. He smiled at her. She smiled back and started helping. After a few minutes, he was free. Martha hugged him and almost refused to let go when the ambulance came to check if he was okay. Jack got in the car and they took him to the hospital for a check-up.

All the survivors were brought in, and Martha and Jack got separated. Martha wasn’t too happy about that; she wanted to stay by Jack’s side. But she knew she had to check on the baby. So she followed the nurse who was going to do an ultrasound. It didn’t take long and the baby was just fine. She started searching the hospital for Jack, before a nurse could tell her that Jack was in room 5. She opened the door to his room and looked at the guy who was lying there. She just smiled. She knew how close she had been to loosing him.

“Hey, beautiful. Aren’t you going to come a bit closer?” he teased, since Martha had stopped at the door. She giggled and went over to his bed and sat down next to him. He took her hand and kissed it.

“Yeah, you better be kissing it. You have a lot of sucking up to do!”

“Why?”

“Because of the little stunt you pulled!”

Jack laughed and she laughed with him.

“Hey, you are not getting rid of me that easily!”

She stopped laughing and looked deeply into his eyes.

I never want to loose you,” she whispered. He took her hand and pulled her down to his chest, so her face was close to his.

You are never going to loose me,” he said and gently kissed her lips. She pulled her head back up. He looked confused at her.

“You still have a lot of sucking up to do!” she said and teased him.

“I can’t even get a kiss?” he groaned.

“Nope!”

He was about to grab and tickle her, but her cell phone rang.

“Saved by the bell!”

She made herself look very sexy and enjoyed watching his hunger for her. She picked up her cell phone and looked at the number. She didn’t recognize it, but she didn’t think much about it and answered the phone.

“Martha Mackenzie speaking,”

“Hello Martha. Long time, no see,” an unfamiliar voice said.

“Who is this?”

“You’ll find out soon enough. Meet me at the old warehouse that is located just outside the farm where the Campbells used to live,” the voice said and hung up. She looked confused at the phone. Was it some sort of a sick prank? She had to find out. She said good-bye to Jack and took off.

The old warehouse

Martha arrived at the dusty, old warehouse. She was hoping she could leave as soon as possible, but she needed to know who had made the call. She heard footsteps behind her.

“I knew you would come,”

She turned around and was shocked when she saw the identity of the new Summer Bay stalker.

Promo: It’s the final act. Will Martha survive the last encounter with the stalker? And just who is the stalker? Find out in the last chapter of “Someone’s watching you”!

This is the final chapter everyone :(

So, for the last time on ’Someone’s watching you’, I get to say:

Enjoy! :D

WARNING: Chapter contains some bad language

Chapter 15

The old warehouse

Martha couldn’t get a word out of her mouth. She just looked at the person who was standing with a smirk all over their face, as if they knew they had won.

“It can’t be you!” she finally managed to get out.

“Why not? Am I not crazy enough for you?” the person smirked.

“You used to be good! What happened to you?”

“You want to know what happened to me?! You happened to me!” Sam yelled. Her red, curly hair covered half of her face, so the one eye you could see, looked really scary. Martha had never seen her so angry before. She was still not over the shock that Sam was the stalker. Sam was the mastermind behind it all. Sam had run her over. Sam had almost killed her. Sam was psycho bitch!

“You ruined my life! You took Jack away from me!” Sam continued, while slowly coming closer to Martha. Martha started backing away from her, but it wasn’t many places to hide. Sam saw this, and the smirk returned.

“You can run, but you can’t hide,”

“You can go to hell!” Martha yelled and ran towards the exit. Sam laughed. Martha got to the door, and as in her worst nightmare, the door was locked.

“Did you really think that I was going to let you get away that easily?”

Sam came to Martha and punched her in the stomach. Martha could feel how her lungs were gasping for air and her baby was screaming for help. She let her body fall to the floor.

“Now that’s much better!” Sam grinned.

“W-Why ar-are you doi-doing this?” Martha got out before she ran out of air.

“You want to know the motive? I’ll give you the motive. I’ll even give you an explanation,” Sam said and laughed.

“You see, I knew you were a threat. So when one of Shane’s old mates showed up at my door, I just couldn’t resist. I got rid of you and he got the blame! It was perfect!”

Sam waved around with her arms while she was laughing. Martha shook her head and kept on trying to get her breath back to normal. Her stomach was still hurting and she just hoped that the baby was ok.

“But then I found out that he was after Jack,” Sam continued. “I couldn’t let him hurt Jack. So I said to him that the best way to get revenge on Jack, was to get rid of you. And he fell for it! He thought I was just a weak, pathetic loser that he could do whatever he wanted with. But he was wrong. I just pretended to be weak, so he would take all blame.”

“What happened to him?” Martha had finally got normal breath and the pain in the stomach was starting to go away. She was ready to fight.

“I killed him. He was no longer needed in my plan, so I got rid of him,” Sam replied with a tone in her voice that told Martha she wasn’t sorry at all!

“You pathetic bitch!”

“No, no. No need to get nasty,” Sam teased.

Martha got up.

“Just one question: What exactly is the final act?”

“I kill you and leave evidence that says you are the stalker. Jack will never think about you again and then Jack and I can live happily ever after,”

“But Jack thinks you are dead,”

“I just tell him that he was mistaken,”

Martha had heard enough. It was payback time! She punched Sam as hard as she could.

“That was for running me over!”

She kicked Sam in the stomach.

“And that was for everything else!”

Sam was gasping for air and Martha smiled at the pathetic look of a fallen stalker. But she wasn’t paying too much attention, so Sam managed to grab her foot and drag her to the ground. She got up and pulled out a knife.

“It’s time to end the play…”

Jack held her arms tight to his body. He was never going to let her go, ever again. It was only luck that got him to the old warehouse in time. He couldn’t think about what Sam might have done if he hadn’t showed up when he did. Martha was resting in his arms. She was tired and her body was aching. The baby was ok, but she was still feeling scared, even though she was lying in the hands of the love of her life. She couldn’t believe that Sam had been the stalker all along. She looked up at Jack. It was obvious that he was as shocked as her.

“Thank you,” she said and he looked confused at her.

“For what?”

“You never gave up on me,”

“And I never will,” he said with a smile. He leant towards her.

“Can I get that kiss now?”

She giggled and let her lips touch his. He held around her and gently put her down on the couch and they both let themselves disappear into the moment…

You never gave up on me

And I never will

---------------------------------------------

That was that people. "Someone’s watching you" is now finished. This means I can now fully concentrate on "Love has arrived", so if you liked my writing, check it out :wink:

Comments are appreciated

Comments

Archived