Always and Forever

Guest 13max13

Chapter 4

The morning light shone through the window of the tiny apartment as Jack rolled over in the bed to find Martha sleeping beside him. It was a sight that he hadn’t seen for what seemed like a lifetime. He kissed her forehead lightly as he snuggled up next to her, pulling the covers over his shoulders. Martha made a grunting noise that made Jack laugh and suddenly a pillow fight emerged and laughter filled the space of the room.

“You think you can laugh at me?”

Maybe…”

Martha smiled and threw a large white pillow at Jack. It hit him in the head and he rubbed it.

“Actually, yes, yes I think I can laugh at you!” said Jack grinning

Martha threw another pillow at Jack and this time he caught it and threw it back at Martha. He missed and the flying pillow collided with the coffee mug on the table. It fell to the ground and smashed, splattering glass to all corners of the room.

“I should’ve remembered that you can’t throw, doofus”

“I’m the doofus?”

“Yes Jack, you’re the doofus”

“Alright fine, I’ll clean it up, or should I let you, me being the doofus and all.”

“No I think you can manage, the brush and pan is under the sink.”

Jack walked out of the bedroom and started to clean up the broken glass. He heard a knock at the door and Martha answered it.

“Hey Martha”

“Hey Tony”

“I was just asking around, and no-one’s seen Jack, he didn’t come home last night so…”

“Dad” Jack emerged from behind the counter in only his boxers.

Tony smiled and fully comprehended.

“So, are you two, well…”

“We’re taking it slow” interrupted Martha

Jack smiled at his dad and Tony took a hint and walked away down the stairs.

“We’re really doing this aren’t we”

“Yeah, after all this time.”

They looked at each other for a moment and they both smiled; it was bliss.

“Well, I dunno about you, but I’m starving…”

“You’re always hungry Jack!”

“You better believe it!”

Jack held out his hand and Martha took hold of it not daring to let go, afraid of losing him again. But she somehow knew that this time, this time it was going to be different. A little thing like work wasn’t going to keep them apart, or tear them apart for that matter. This time she was going to be more understanding, she wasn’t going to be selfish, not this time. She could not afford to lose Jack again because without him, there was no her.

Jack squeezed Martha’s hand and thought how lucky he was to be getting a second chance. He had thought about it, dreamed about it and wished for it ever since the break up, but never had he imagined that his wish would be answered and he would be holding the hand of the most beautiful, the most wonderful girl in the world. The girl he loved and will always love.

more to come

please tell me what you think and give me suggestions for what should happen next

thanks

xx

max

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great chapter!

They're so cute! :wub:

Im feeling in the mood to read lots of JnM fluff :P so maybe Jack could treat her by taking her away on a romantic weekend :D

But whatever it is, I dont mind lol

I feel the same way as Rachel!

Please update soon.

Im feeling in the mood to read lots of JnM fluff :P so maybe Jack could treat her by taking her away on a romantic weekend :D

Yeh Same :D Make Jacky boy do something really really really really nice for Martha!!!

Brilliant as usual! I really like this Fic

More soon? Pleaseeeeee???

Siana__x

Chapter 5[

/u]

November past and December came and the residents of Summer Bay were getting ready for the annual Christmas concert held by Colleen. Jack and Martha’s relationship was never better. Jack had moved out of Tony’s house and was living with Martha in the apartment above the Diner. They had been together for over 5 months now, but it felt like they had never parted, their love for each other had not changed.

Tony was sitting at the table next to Jack.

“Are you sure about this mate?”

Look, Dad, I’ve made my decision, I just wanna know if you’ll back me up.”

“Well of course Jack, but are you sure she’ll say yes?”

“No, I’m not sure, but that just makes it more interesting doesn’t it?”

“Hmmm well if you wanna go through with this, I’ll support you all the way mate, you know I’ve always had your best interests at mind.”

“Yeah, thanks Dad, that means a lot.” Jack smiled as he and his father embraced.

Luc walked in the room to find his brother and his father in each other’s arms.

“Get a room guys!’ said Luc half laughing

“Yeah, sure mate, look there ‘s something I need to discuss with you.”

“Alright, what’s up?”

Martha lay in bed still asleep despite the morning light gleaming through the open window. Martha’s world was perfect as she sat on the beach lying in Jack’s arms he bent his neck to kiss her when suddenly a bird’s crow from outside woke Martha from her imaginary world of love and happiness into the real world that was filled with the same amount of each. She automatically rolled over to her surprise not falling onto another body next to her. She sat up and stretched her arms wandering where Jack was. She dragged herself out of bed to find a short note left on the kitchen table with Jack’s writing scribbled down:

Hey, I’ve gone round to Dad’s house

Be back soon

Love Jack

She smiled as she walked into the bathroom and had a shower.

“Whoa man, are you serious?” questioned Luc surprised by his brother’s revelation

“No man, you’re being punked….of course I’m serious”

“Well, that’s kinda a big deal isn’t it?”

“Yeah, yeah it is, so what do you think?”

“I didn’t know you could sing!” laughed Luc

“That’s cause you’ve never heard me do it mate!”

“Well I guess we’re all in for a treat aren’t we Dad?”

Tony smiled at his two sons, put his arm around Jack and said:

“Well boys, it’s definitely gonna be different.

Jack closed the door behind him as he walked into the apartment that he now called home. As soon as Martha heard the door close, she rushed over to greet Jack.

“I missed you this morning.”

Jack smiled and they kissed on the lips softy.

“Sorry I went round’ to Dad’s, did you get the note?”

“Yeah, yeah, hey, I’ve gotta run to work, but I’ll see you later.”

“Alrighty”

“I love you”

“You too”

Martha kissed Jack quickly before closing the door and heading down the stairs. Jack hurriedly strided over to the phone and diled.

“Hey Colleen, no its Jack. No I don’t. No Colleen, listen! Thankyou. I’ve decided what I want to do. Sure, I’ll get the music to you this Friday.”

“Bye Colleen”

Jack’s phone rang again.

“Jack Holden.”

“Sam…”

“No, sure.”

“Why?”

“What, Sam are you serious?”

“I’m with Martha now---no I can’t!”

“Are you sure, I mean…” Jack lowered his voice even though he was alone in the apartment. “Are you sure its mine?”

“Fair enough”

“I’ll see you tonight.”

“Bye.”

Jack sat down on the sofa, put his head in his hands and started to cry.

Martha wiped down the bar bench as Brad and Sally walked in arm in arm. They sat down at the counter and Martha smiled.

“Hey guys”

“Not too busy today” Brad smiled

“Well I’m not complaining.”

“So how’s everything with Jack?”

“Good, actually really good.”

“Well that’s great, you both deserve happiness.”

“Thanks Brad”

“And have you heard from Sam, well has Jack heard from her?” asked Sally

“No, she seems to have just disappeared, and Jack never talks about her either. I know he must miss her, especially Rory.”

“I’m sure he does, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you,” added Brad

“No, I know, but I’m sure he wants to talk about it.”

“Oh look who’s here!” said Sally pointing at the door where Jack had just entered.

“Hey”

“We were just talking about you,” said Brad cheekily

“Oh were you now?”

“Just about how great you are.” Added Martha

“Well continue, please!”

“No we have to go, come on Brad.” Said Sally

“See you later mate, bye Martha.” Waved Brad

“Bye guys!”

Brad and Sally left leaving the couple alone in the bar.

“I just came round’ to tell you that I’m not going to be home tonight.”

“Why, where are you going?”

“I- I, I’m going to Dad’s house, we’re having a guys night in, you know we haven’t for a while.”

“Alright, fine. I’ll see you later.”

Jack kissed Martha on the cheek as he left the bar to go and meet Sam

Martha sighed wishing that Jack would talk to her.

Archived