One Tree Hill

Guest beckyboo

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woww. Septermber 1st. Cant wait.

I am glad its coming on early.

Yeah, really can't wait for season 6 but i am thinking that i have to wait till September but i am very excited for that season. and i will definitely watch this season..coz i like one tree hill tv show.

• 4 years later...

There were several One Tree Hill threads and this appeared to be the biggest one so I've bumped this.

Anyway, I've watched the final episode and it wasn't that great. I was actually expecting to see Peyton, Lucas and Karen return one last time. It's funny how my opinion changed of the characters over the years. I couldn't stand Haley before but I actually didn't mind her towards the end. Same with Brooke. Cris Keller was quite annoying as well but again ended up really liking him. I liked his friendship with Chase and especially liked the way he referred to himself in the third person sense "Cris Keller says...".

The one thing that did remain consistent for me was one character. My personal favourite character not necessarily because he was the nicest person but because the character was always very complex and well written - Dan Scott. I liked the from the start how he tried to model Nathan to be like him. The way he was jealous of his brother Keith. His frustration at Keith sleeping with Deb then the way envy led him to murder his brother, how he tried to deal with the guilt then after being tormented finally turned himself in. Spent several years in prison, turned his life around to be host of a talk show, made himself a lot of money then gave it away because it was the right thing to do. Started his own restaurant, burnt it down so he could claim he was homeless and have an excuse to get closer to his family. His son is kidnapped but Dan finds him, saves him but it costs Dan his life. In a funny sort of way I thought his final episode was a fitting end. He final got some sort of atonement from Haley, Nathan, Deb but most importantly forgiveness from Keith. It was fitting that he died the same way his brother did and they were finally together. Was he a good person near the end of his life? I'm not sure. He did some pretty bad things to get Nathan back but there was never any doubt for me that he loved his family.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived