Kate Ritchie news

Guest Heathsgirl

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't overly shocked as much as I Thought I'd be.

I've been watching this show for close to 20 years... It's good Kate is going on to make the 2008 character mark, And I can't wait to see how the series pans out without everyone's favorite character. Her First Kiss, Her First Romance, Her First Wedding, And whilst only one of those actually went to plan, I think we've seen both Kate and Sally grow up together.

Watching sunrise about how playing sally helped kate improove her confidence, truely amazing... And Kate is one of those kinds of people who is down to earth, honest, and respectful in alot of ways. Whatever she chooses to do in the future, i'm sure she'll do well for herself. But i'm sure everyone agree's with me when i say she'd be welcome back to the bay any time :)

2008 Will be Year of The Sally.

Does this mean she'll get some sort of special award yet for her contribution to Australian Television? Hell, i'd give her a 2 hour Special home and away episode and a dvd that is based around the sally character. Maybe even a Home and Away Limited to 500 Barbie Doll. haha.

Ok, a bit overbored, so i'll wrap it up here.

Kate's bombshell

In a Sunrise exclusive, Home and Away star Kate Richie has announced plans to leave the much-loved channel Seven soapie.

Kate has played the role Sally Fletcher for twenty years and become one of Australia's most cherished actors, picking up a Silver and a Gold Logie in the process.

Kate told Kochie and Mel she will remain in the role until next year, filming her last scenes in December.

Before this morning most of the cast did not know either. Kate has only told fellow co-star Ray Meagher.

It's a good challenge for the show alright. It must have been a very hard decision to make. My guess is she told the producers a few months ago. They would want to coordinate her leaving with the anniversary, and if she's filming until December it looks like she'll be gone from early 08. They probably had a clause in her contract that she had to give them loads of notice so they could build up to big, big ending for her. Looks like the non-wedding and axing Chris Sadrinna could have been all part of that.

Good luck to her. Hard to know what she can do next, she's so "Sally".

Kate Ritchie quits Home And Away

September 26, 2007 07:34am

News Limited

SHE holds the record for the longest continuous role in an Aussie drama series but golden girl Kate Ritchie today announced she is finally saying goodbye to the sandy shores of Summer Bay.

After playing Sally Fletcher for 20 years on Channel Seven’s hit serial drama, Kate Ritchie will farewell Home And Away in mid-December when she films her final scene.

Kate has been a permanent cast member since its pilot aired 20 years ago, in 1987.

"I have been blessed with a job that I have loved for the past 20 years and I wouldn't take back one moment of my time on Home And Away but I feel that it is time for change." said Kate today.

Kate has received national acclaim for her performance on Home and Away - in 2006 she was awarded with the TV Week Silver Logie for Most Popular Actress, and went on to be named the Most Popular Personality on Australian Television when presented the TV Week Gold Logie this year.

In 2006, Kate paired up with Troy Casser-Daley to compete in Channel Seven’s reality singing competition, It Takes Two, before returning in 2007 to co-host the second series.

Kate will spend the rest of 2007 concentrating on filming her final scenes of the Seven soapie.

"My decision to leave the show has not been made lightly and despite being sad to say goodbye I am excitedly looking forward to what will be the next chapter of my life." said Kate.

Seven's Director of Programming and Production, Tim Worner said: "It almost feels like she's moving out of home so from that angle there is some sorrow but we are also genuinely excited for her as well.

"Seven is very proud of all that Kate has achieved in her time with us.

"It's been an amazing ride and it's been a great joy to see her grow as a performer and a person over that time.

"We wish her as much success with the next part of her career - she's a great girl and she deserves it.”

A spokesman for Seven confirmed Ritchie will be seen on air until April 2008.

The show marks its 20th anniversary next January.

Kate's interview with Sunrise can be download at www.youtube.com/sunrise.

- with The Daily Telegraph

*is numb* ...... :(

I know what you mean - I feel the same. This will take a lot of getting used to, that's for sure. It'll be interesting to see what direction the show takes without Sally.

I agree - it seems so silly in a way to be upset that an ACTOR is leaving a TV SHOW, but Kate/Sally has been on our screens for so long it just feels like I've (and we all have) known her!! I will miss her so much!!! :(

And I hope that she is written out in a very respectable and not plot-driven way, so that she can truly be appreciated!!!!!!

Archived