Musical Theatre

Guest Foxy

I went to see Grease at the West End back in October. It was fantastic, and Ray Quinn was just excellent. He got the biggest cheer.

I am hoping they put Rent back on the stage, however I believe they cancelled it when it was in London last year. I remember hearing the cast sing Seasons of Love on Children In Need back in 2007, that is what got be into watching the film and just wanting to go see the musical.

I really want to go see Wicked, Hairspray and Dirty Dancing. They are my top 3 to see.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mum used to take me to a lot of musicals but it was such a long time ago that I can't even remember what I've seen. My earliest memory is of Les Mis, starring Rachael Beck :D. More recently I've seen Chicago, Priscilla, Billy Elliot, We Will Rock You, The Boy From Oz (Hugh Jackman - yay!), Mama Mia... Was Fame a musical? Because I feel like I've seen that, but I'm not even sure it exists...

I'd also like to mention Jesus Christ Superstar and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. Jesus Christ Superstar is my favourite musical, even though the only live version I've seen was at high school (same with Joseph). We had a great cast :D I'm still waiting for a couple of people I used to know to pop up as professional actors some day.

when you saw we will rock you did amanda harrison play oz? because she is BRILLIANT! i think she won a helpmann award for that performance. shes in wicked now as elphaba.

I am a MAJOR musicals fan from 2002 i've seen Mamma Mia, We Will Rock You (10 times), The Lion King, Bombay Dreams, Phantom of the Opera, Fame, Blood Brothers, Footloose (x2, once in london, once in Sunderland), Little Shop of Horrors, Billy Elliot, Wicked, Spamalot (x2) Joseph, The Wedding Singer (Newcastle), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (Sunderland), Chess (Royal Albert Hall), Grease, The Full Monty(Peterborough) and Dirty Dancing.

As you can tell i'm also a MAJOR We Will Rock You fan :rolleyes::wub:

I've never seen Mamma Mia on stage and now I'm not sure I want to because I hate it when I've fallen in love with one version of a song and then it's sung differently but I think I will go one day.

I just love the way the movie's put together and how much fun everyone seems to be having, I bet it was the best set to be on! And Meryl Streep is just fab.

Any other enthusiasts out there or am I alone in my obsession!

Ah see i'm the opposite I saw the stage show a few years ago and absolutely loved it but was dissapointed with the film as they left some songs out and just couldn't get used to the fact Donna and Sophie are American not English but I think it's just one of those things where you usually love the one you saw the first the most :)

yes! ive been in alice in wonderland, high school musical, cats, les mis, chicago and ive done many different music theatre showcases where ive played glinda and elphaba in wicked, grisabella in cats, tracy in hairspray, reno in anything goes and many other awesome parts.

Excellent! I recently played Ursula in Sweet Charity. It's a great show and nice part - no song, which suits me!

• 1 year later...

I absolutely love musicals :D.

I've seen - Wicked, Les Miserables, Chicago, Dreamboats and Petticoats, Jersey Boys, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Cabaret, We Will Rock You (x2), Grease and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat (x15 - ok, I'm a bit obsessed :P).

Archived