Kath & Kim

Guest Jen

I know! *Stupid movie instead*

Kath & Kel were hilarious on DWTS. Only, I don't think the judges understood they were taking the mickey. They scored them way too harshly. If it were me I would have given them a 10! :lol: at the "Darren Hayes".

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

Haha they got a 'perfect 10'

It was so funny. Kath got stuck when she slid under Kel.

So the dance WAS for real, not a joke to muck around???

They should not have gone there with Brett and Sharon! So totally wrong <_< There were moments though when it was pure old school Kath & Kim. Loved the guilt presents and the "Darren Hayes". Chopping down Mandy's tree :lol:.

Shane Warne next week! :D

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

Our last nights ep was with Sharons sister lol. It's weird how she just lept onto Brett and Kim just sat doing nothing and didn't even care. lol

I know, Sharon and Brett was a bit off – but I loved the end with Kim and her gold ‘mouth bling’! so funny, the way she tries to be all cool and serious whilst the braces give her a real strong lisp haha

'Well we've all had our fill of dud roots this week havent we Kim...'

'Oh Shut up about Brett mum'

...'I'm talking about Mandy's tree'! :lol:

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

Can't wait for next episode. We are a week behind :(

What's that on your face Kim??

The Australian flag

Thats not the Australian flag its the new Zealand flag. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Laughs over for Kath & Kim? :(

TO be Kath and Kim or not to be? article here

kathandkim.jpg

That's the 18-month answer to a question Gina Riley and Jane Turner have yet to give Channel 7 after producing the most successful local comedy series in Australian history.

The suburbanite super-heroines made an astonishing transition from the ABC to commercial TV this year and smashed all ratings predictions.

But they are not certain if the ladies of Fountain Lake will ever return to TV, take a rest - or even go on a live national stage tour.

They were key to Channel 7 locking in its first yearly ratings win since the 1970s and the network is desperate to keep the momentum going.

The fourth, eight-part Kath & Kim series was the top-rating regular show of any kind in 2007 with an average 2.12 million viewers per week.

Following repeats of the 2002 first ABC series then scored a record 1.44 million viewers per week for Seven, further super-glueing them into the Australian mindset.

Instead of further cashing in on their success, the pair - who created, wrote produced and performed all the series - told Seven they're on holiday until at least March.

That means it would be impossible to deliver a new series next year.

Is the Kath and Kim show right to call it a day? Vote in our poll.

Rick McKenna, series executive producer and husband of Turner, said both parties were more than happy with their relationship. But it just may not involve the two famous characters.

"Gina and Jane never lock into a series until they have a good idea of what they want to do and even then they will still pause and reflect," he said yesterday.

"A project is never subject to a deal for them - it is about Gina and Jane feeling it is good enough and that they have a strong idea for a project and that may be something other than Kath and Kim.

"Kath and Kim have not been ruled out from another project, but whether that is a live stage show or a new series has not been decided.

"They may well be rested."

The situation means it is almost impossible for Turner and Riley to deliver a K&K series in 2008 as it is an 18-month creative process and they have only completed the DVD sale process for the last series.

Both were exhausted after completing filming for this year's series - but can afford a break after selling rights to the series to the US.

McKenna said other Turner/Riley projects were possible after June.

"They may not disappear off screen as Seven still has rights to repeat episodes from the ABC series. That is in their hands," McKenna said.

Archived