Cadburys Wispa returns!

Guest Dan F

They've never had 'Wisper' in Australia I don’t think.

Cadbury chocolate tastes different in Australia to the UK, I've had chocolate in the UK and its nicer, its not as sweet or something I dont know, it just tastes more milky maybe.

I remember a chocolate bar my uncle brought back to Australia from the UK in the early 90's, like 1992 or something...it was Cadbury I think, and they didn’t sell it over here...I haven’t got a clue what the name is, and either does he remember...but I'll describe it, see if you guys remember... It was kinda like a chocolate mouse thing, not mouse but that kinda texture, rapped in delicate straw or string like chocolate which was kinda woven around the mouse... ok this bar is impossible to describe...it came in a piece of white cardboard and then the rapper. So anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? :P I only had it once, but it was the best chocolate bar I've ever had.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cadbury chocolate tastes different in Australia to the UK, I've had chocolate in the UK and its nicer, its not as sweet or something I dont know, it just tastes more milky maybe.

:o I seem to recall hearing that Australia doesn't have Cadburys chocolate!! It was on a programme that I absolutely love watching, about 6 families who went to live out there and i'm sure I remember one of the relatives back here in England saying, that they had to pack loads of Cadburys buttons in their luggage because their grandaughter loved them but she couldn't get them in Oz :blink:. That's interesting...I've learnt something there :P.

I'm not the biggest fan of the 'Wispa', but all chocolate is good in it's own way :P. I still love eating fruit though!!

They do have Cadbury's here in Oz, but its extremely different.

They have far more variety, yesterday I had some Dairy Milk Chocolate Brownie which was very nice - however it isn't the true Cadbury's chocolate flavour as they have to put in an anti-melting agent due to the higher temperatures here.

:o I seem to recall hearing that Australia doesn't have Cadburys chocolate!! It was on a programme that I absolutely love watching, about 6 families who went to live out there and i'm sure I remember one of the relatives back here in England saying, that they had to pack loads of Cadburys buttons in their luggage because their grandaughter loved them but she couldn't get them in Oz :blink:. That's interesting...I've learnt something there :P.

I'm not the biggest fan of the 'Wispa', but all chocolate is good in it's own way :P. I still love eating fruit though!!

They don’t have Cadbury Buttons here! :P We have Cadbury, but our chocolate bars are different I think, or something.

DanF - are you in Australia? Is the anti-melting agent the only difference? It tastes like a totally different brand of chocolate compared the UK Cadbury.

What exactly were Wispas? I remember the ads for them on Corrie, but I don't think I ever tried one.

The Wispa is, a bar of aerated milk choc, much more smaller holes than Areo's have... But waaaaaaaaay more tasty.

My fav bar of all time, I got the last one from GT news , until they get another batch :P

I've been buying them like everyday since I saw them out on monday. :P Went in the shop and was like OMG wispa's. I hope that they bring Spira back that was my personal fave.

They were still making Spiras until quite recently (not sure when, maybe a year or so ago), but it was very difficult to find them. I live next door to a shop and that was the only place I could get them for years and years - then the shop closed down! That was the last I ever saw of them. :(

What exactly were Wispas? I remember the ads for them on Corrie, but I don't think I ever tried one.

The Wispa is, a bar of aerated milk choc, much more smaller holes than Areo's have... But waaaaaaaaay more tasty.

Thanks, Tom! I shall have to have a try!

They don’t have Cadbury Buttons here! :P We have Cadbury, but our chocolate bars are different I think, or something.

DanF - are you in Australia? Is the anti-melting agent the only difference? It tastes like a totally different brand of chocolate compared the UK Cadbury.

Thanks for clearing that up, alexx :D. I've sometimes thought about what the difference must be between the bars here and the bars over there.

Yep, Dan is in Australia for about 6 weeks!

Archived