Sursok's US break on Restless

Guest bttb-rox!

SOURCE - The Daily Telegraph

tammin1la2.jpg

August 12, 2007 12:00am

Big break ... Tammin Sursok has scored a role in legendary US soap, The Young and The Restless.

TWO years of slogging it out on the Hollywood audition circuit has paid off for former Home And Away actor Tammin Sursok, who has landed a regular role on US soap The Young And The Restless.

Sursok recently signed on to play teenager Colleen Carlton on the show for three years. In the same week, she landed small parts in two Hollywood films: Crossing Over, with Harrison Ford and Sean Penn, and Albino Farm.

"I booked three jobs in a week for some reason,'' Sursok told The Sunday Telegraph from the Los Angeles set of the show.

"I don't know what was going on but something was going my way. I was just very lucky. The whole thing is you get out here and audition, audition, audition and hopefully something sticks.''

Sursok played lovable Dani Sutherland on Home And Away for four years, winning the most popular new talent Logie in 2001.

The US soap follows two wealthy families in the cosmetics industry, the Newmans and the Abbotts; Sursok's not-so-lovable character is the niece of Abbott family patriarch Jack.

"I come in as a good girl but then I start getting into a bit of scandal,'' Sursok explained.

"I fall in love with my teacher and then I have an affair with one of the main guys.''

Sursok won't be seen on the show locally, which screens on Foxtel, until March.

Archived