All You Wanted

Guest kaciexox

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok here is the next part.

i didnt have this chapter proofed because firstly its not a good chapter, plus its short and nothing really happens in it. so sorry if you find it boring :D

CHAPTER 6

“Two more exams!” Macy sung as she skipped into school and approached the rest of her friends who were gathered in a circle just in front of Jessica’s locker.

When Martha saw Macy coming she immediately looked down to the floor. Since the sleepover she hadn’t been able to look her in the eye, she was afraid that if she did, she would see the same look that had seen that night at the sleepover.

That look of love, a look of deep feeling for someone. And now Martha knew who that person was. And she wasn’t happy.

It was Tuesday, they day of their second last exam and the grade’s last exam of their HSC would be held on the next Monday. The teachers had promised the students that some kind of activity would take place before their final exam but no one had any idea what it would be.

Martha sighed and turned her back on Macy and the rest of her friends, trying to clear her mind of love, surprises, exams and Jack Holden.

“All year 12s to the hall,” came Ms Perry’s voice as she walked through the corridor interrupting Martha of her thoughts.

“Why miss?” came a voice.

Without even turning around Martha knew who had said that. Jack. She looked to the ground, suddenly feeling a hot flush come over her face.

“You’ll find out when you get there,” came the teachers reply, “But hurry up and get there. Mrs. Clark is waiting for you all.”

Ms Perry received a groan from most year 12s at the mention of Mrs. Clarks name. Everyone hated her.

“Come on Mac, lets go,” called Jess from in front of her. Martha looked up and was surprised to see that her friends were already on their way to the hall. She hurried to keep up and noticed that Tash shot her a worried glance.

“Are you ok Mac?” she asked, “You’ve gone all red.”

“I’m fine,” Martha said brushing her off, “I feel a bit sick that’s all.”

“Well are ok?”

“I said I’m fine,” Martha snapped, immediately feeling guilty.

Tash raised her eyebrows but said nothing, Martha was in a funny mood.

“As you all know, we promised you all that an activity would take place before your last exam next Monday,” Mrs. Clark said into the microphone, “Well, I’m going to tell you what that is now. There will be no school tomorrow…”

Mrs. Clark was interrupted as the students broke out in excited whispers.

“Excuse me,” Mrs. Clark frowned, “As I was saying, there will be no school tomorrow to give you all an extra day to study for your final exam. Then tomorrow afternoon you will all be expected at school where some of the staff, including myself, will be taking you on an overnight retreat to give you a break from studying and the stress of exams. When we arrive back at school on Thursday afternoon, you will be given the rest of the week off school to continue studying.”

Again the students broke out in excited whispers.

“Yes, yes I know that’s all very exciting, but you do have an exam to attend. So if you will come up to the front where your roll teachers will hand out a permission form that has to be signed by your parents in order for you to attend the retreat. You must bring the form when you come to school tomorrow afternoon.”

Year 12 was lining up to go into their second last HSC exam but all that anyone could think about was the retreat.

“Can you believe it,” Jess whispered as the teachers called the roll, “I thought maybe they would give us a day off school but a retreat. I can’t wait!”

“Me neither,” Shannon replied, “I can’t wait to take some time out from studying.”

“Not that you study anyway!”

“Shut up!”

“I tell you what I am looking forward to,” Summer giggled, “Spending a whole night with the boys. Even though we’ll be in cabins, we can still sneak around…”

“You would look forward to that wouldn’t you!”

The six friends laughed at Summer’s flirtatious behavior.

“Do you know what,” Macy said, going slightly pink, “I was thinking this might be the perfect opportunity to make my move on Jack.”

Martha looked to the ground.

“Oh my God you right,” Jess exclaimed, “You should totally go for it.”

“You think?”

“Yep!”

”What about you Martha, what do you think?” Macy asked.

Martha looked up from the floor. She looked at her friends hopeful eyes. She hesitated. What could she say? No I think that’s a bad idea, your totally wrong for each other? No she couldn’t say that. Macy was one of her closest friends.

“Well…” Macy prompted, “Should I make my move on Jack or not?”

“Um,” Martha stammered, “Yes. You totally should. It will be perfect.”

Macy grinned at her, eyes shinning. Martha smiled at her but inside she was dying. This was not the way it was supposed to go. Martha was supposed to be with Jack. But Martha had had her chance, and she had blown it.

Suddenly she remembered what her mother always said to her: don’t dwell on the past. It’s over, you can’t go back. Instead go forward, move on. That was what Martha had to do. Go forward, and forget all about that boy who was her childhood crush. She had to forget about her feelings. She had to forget all about Jack Holden.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry i haven't updated in ages but i've been on holidays.

This chapter also hasn't been proofed becuase i really wanted to get something up. :)

CHAPTER 7

“Alright Year 12, settle down,” Mrs. Clark said to the excited bunch of students, “Take a seat on the grass please and would you hurry up and get off the bus!” she yelled to a small group of girls who were still making their way down the steps of the bus.

It was Wednesday afternoon and Year 12 of Summer Bay High had just arrived at Glenworth Valley Camp of Sport and Recreation, aka the retreat. It was different to what Martha had expected. She had imagined a place that was luxurious.

A place that was clean and organized, complete with a spa and room service.

Ok maybe she hadn’t imagined a spa and room service but she had visualized a place a bit different. Before Martha allowed herself to be disappointed, she realized she had been expecting something closer to a holiday resort and she also realised how stupid that was.

This was Summer Bay High not the richest school in Sydney. And it wasn’t that bad.

They were sitting on a stretch of grass and just in front of them was a road and on the other side of the road was a row of cabins.

The cabins were painted blue with white trimmings and they were quite cute. Further along the road were two bigger buildings, which Martha guessed was the recreational hall and the food hall. Beyond that she couldn’t see much but she guessed there was some kind of activities setup. Surrounding them were trees.

Lots and lots of trees.

Not that Martha minded, the trees made the air cleaner and fresher. She realised that she was starting to warm to the place but the same couldn’t said for Summer.

“Great,” she had laughed sarcastically as she walked off the bus, “We’re in the middle of nowhere. Isn’t this going to be fun?”

Even then, sitting on the grass she was inspecting her fingernail and complaining about how the effect of cold air was going to make her skin dry out.

“OK, everyone settle quite down, I realise how exiting this is…” Mrs. Clark called trying to get the attention of the students.

“Exciting,” Summer scoffed, “Try depressing!”

Jessica then embarked on the impossible mission to try and get Summer to ‘embrace the outdoor magic’ as she put it.

“Alright, now the cabins will not be gender mixed,” Mrs. Clark said receiving groans and shouts of abuse from some students, “Repeat, boys and girls will not be sharing cabins nor should they for some reason try and sneak around this rule during the night. Any student caught doing this will be severely punished. Further more any unacceptable behavior from any student will not go unnoticed or unpunished. You will have the little remaining hours of today to settle into your cabins and tomorrow we will be going on a refreshing five hour bush walk and picnic.”

“No,” Summer groaned falling back onto the grass. Tash giggled at her before lying down as well.

“You will in groups of six within your cabins…”

“Perfect,” Shannon grinned.

8pm

“Ok, I think all the teachers have gone to bed,” Shannon reported peeking out the window.

Shannon, Summer, Tasha, Macy, and Jessica had been waiting all afternoon for the teachers to retreat to their cabins so they could sneak over to the boys cabin. Martha however, was reluctant.

Normally she would be the first one out of the group to break the ‘no boy’ rule but she knew which cabin they would be heading to: Jack’s. And she really didn’t feel like seeing Jack right then.

“Yes, finally,” Tasha said bouncing off her bed to join Shannon by the window, “I thought they never would. I really want to see Kim!”

“Because you haven’t seen him in ages,” Martha teased, “A full 3 hours. You must really miss him.”

Tasha poked her tongue out at Martha and chucked a pillow at her. Martha went to retort and was cut off by Summer.

“Stop mucking around and lets go,” she exclaimed dragging Tash by the arm over to the doorway.

“Hurry up Jess!” Macy yelled through the door to Jessica who was in the bathroom.

“I’m coming, I’m coming,” Jess said, as she emerged through the door.

“Are you coming Mac?” Tash asked turning to face Martha.

Martha desperately tried to think of an excuse to no go.

“You know what…” she stammered, “I’m really um tired.”

“Bullsh*t” Tash said grabbing Martha and pulling her to her feet, “Let’s go.”

Martha groaned and reluctantly walked towards the door.

“Would you hurry up,” Macy said, impatiently, “I really want to speak to Jack.”

“Um Macy,” Martha started, knowing she had to say something, “Are you sure you want to do this. I mean Jack’s trouble.”

“And so are you,” Macy laughed, “But I still hang out with you!”

Martha’s heart fell as she was quickly ushered out the door.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Archived