All You Wanted

Guest kaciexox

thanks for all your awsome comments :D

heres the next chapter thanks to Zetti for proofing

CHAPTER 3

Martha was lying on her stomach on her bed. Her feet were lifted and moving around in the air. Her long brown hair was hanging loosely around her shoulders and face, and she was reading a magazine. She hummed her favourite song as she flicked over the page. Suddenly she was interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Come in,” she called, not taking her eyes off the page. Martha heard the door open and close as someone entered her room and it was only then that she looked up to see who had entered into her room.

“Jack?” She said, frowning, “What are you doing here?”

“Um,” Jack said, shuffling his feet nervously, “I just wondered, if your not busy then maybe we could work on our assignment?”

“Fine,” Martha replied, grudgingly, as she sat up and threw her magazine into her bedside table.

“So we have to research…” Jack began.

“I know what we have to do Jack,” Martha snapped, “I’m not an idiot.”

“Sorry for breathing,” Jack snapped back, he wasn’t in the mood for any problems

“Why don’t you…” Martha said, her voice beginning to rise.

“Stop,” Jack said, raising his hands, “We’re not going to get any work down if we keep biting each other’s heads off.” trying to call a truce between them.

“I know,” Martha grumbled.

Jack sighed and dumped his bag onto the floor and sat down beside it. Martha jumped off her bed, went over to her desk and switched on the computer.

“So World War 1,” Martha mumbled, beginning to type away on the computer, “I don’t get why I need to know this, I mean I’m not going to be a historian!”

“You never know,” Jack, laughed, “I quite like Historians.”

Martha giggled at him.

“You only like them because they wear tight tops to show off their cleavage and tight skirts to show off their tight ass,” She shot back, laughing.

“Well, you know what I say, if you’ve got it flaunt it,” He laughed.

Suddenly Martha fell silent.

“What?” Jack asked, fearing he said the wrong thing.

“Nothing,” Martha said, smiling softly, “It’s just I can’t remember the last time we laughed like this.”

“Neither can I, Though I do remember the last time I was in this room,” Jack replied, smiling back at her.

Martha remembered that day well, she remembered the words she had so longed to hear Jack say, and the words she had also wanted to say. She remembered the tears after he had left, knowing that that was the end of their friendship. Something she had valued so much, in her life.

“Please don’t bring that up,” Martha whispered, tears forming in her eyes.

“No, I think we should talk about it,” Jack replied, looking off into space and not realising that Martha was upset.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Martha said, getting to her feet and glaring down at him.

“I was such a jerk back then,”Jack continued, ignoring Martha.

“And nothing’s changed,” Martha spat down at him, “I don’t want to talk about it!”

“Why do you always get to make the rules,” Jack said, jumping to his feet as well, “I want to talk about.”

“Fine,” Martha yelled, “Let’s talk about it. Let’s talk about how you broke my heart. How you shattered my dreams. How you ruined everything!”

“Martha, you had changed. I wanted to talk to you about it,” Jack said.

“Talk about it! Jack you always want to talk about it! Look where it got us back then and look where it’s getting us now!” her voice rising dripping with anger

“Well maybe if you stopped yelling –,”

“I don’t want to stop yelling! Your pissing me off and when people **** me off I yell!”

“You always get what you want don’t you Mackenzie?” Jack yelled at her, “I was right back then, you were becoming a bitch. And now you are one. Actually no, you’re the one, your head bitch!”

Martha suddenly fell silent. Old feelings came flooding back to her. It was happening all over again.

“Get out,” Martha growled at Jack. Jack glared at her the turned to leave. “And if you want an assignment to hand in, do it yourself because frankly I don’t give a s**t about the stupid assignment or school or you!”

Jack took one last glance at her then turned and left. Martha sighed, grabbed her magazine and flopped down onto her bed again.

2 WEEKS LATER

Martha and Tasha walked into the school, both aware that their first exam was the next day but neither had really studied.

“So math’s tomorrow,” Tasha said, walking over to her locker and fiddling with the lock.

“Yea,” Martha said, doing the same, “I might study a bit tonight.”

“Mmm,” Tasha murmured, rummaging around in her locker, “So did you finish your assignment with Jack?”

“Nope,” Martha replied, slamming her locker shut.

Martha turned, waiting for Tasha to grab the last of her books and then both girls made their way into their History classroom.

“Miss Mackenzie, isn’t this a change, early,” Mrs. Clark remarked, “Could I have a word?”

Martha nodded and walked towards the teacher’s desk as Tash sat down at a table.

“Martha, the way you’re going, you’re going to fail history. I hope this assignment is good,” Mrs. Clark said.

“So do I,” Martha muttered.

Mrs. Clark raised her eyebrows then gestured for Martha to take a seat. Martha walked up the aisle and dumped her books on the desk next to Tasha’s.

“What did she want?” Tash whispered.

“Just the usual lecture,” Martha whispered back.

At that moment, the rest of the students started filing into the classroom.

“Settle down settle down,” Mrs. Clark said, standing up, “Take a seat, then I will start collecting your assignments.”

Martha looked over at Jack, who looked away. Martha was slightly relieved to see that he was carrying a folder; she hoped it was the assignment. It wasn’t that she particularly cared about the assignment, it was just that she couldn’t stand another lecture from Mrs. Clark or her mum.

“Summer Pierce and Shannon Pierce.”

Two of Martha’s friends, who were twins, made their way to the front of the room to hand in their assignment.

“Jessica Brown and Macy Williams.”

Another two of Martha’s friends handed in their assignment. Jessica Brown, was one of Martha’s closer friends. She had moved to Summer Bay High at the beginning of Year 12 and Martha had taken her under her wing straight away.

“Tasha Andrews and Kimberly Hyde.”

“Tom Lighter and Annabelle Smith.”

Michelle Thomas and Bobby Atkins.”

“Martha Mackenzie and Jack Holden.”

Suddenly the room went quiet as Martha stood up and looked over at Jack. He seemed to be taking his time but when he finally stood up, they both walked to the front of the classroom.

“Assignment?” Mrs. Clark said, eyebrows raised.

Jack reluctantly handed over a folder with the words ‘World War 1’ neatly written on the top.

“You owe me one,” Jack whispered into Martha’s ear as he turned and walked back to his seat. Martha just growled quietly, she wasn’t in the mood at all as she sat back to listen to Mrs. Clark do the lesson :)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When they were in Martha's room, laughing and what not, I thought they were making progress....how wrong was I?! lol

Aww, at least Jack did the assignment. And yes Martha, you do owe him :D

Great update, more soon please.

:rolleyes: Im with you Puja, just when something started to go right, Martha flipped and turned into the devil again <_<

No fair :(

Wonder what theyll get in the assingment. If it's an A, then Jacks defo right, she owes him BIG time!!!

Looking forward to more :)

When they were in Martha's room, laughing and what not, I thought they were making progress....how wrong was I?! lol

Aww, at least Jack did the assignment. And yes Martha, you do owe him :D

Great update, more soon please.

I agree!!!

Update soon Kacie!

• 2 weeks later...

heres the next chapter

thanks to Zetti for proofing

CHAPTER 4

“Hey Mackenzie,” Jack called, running after Martha at the end of the day.

“What do you want?” Martha asked, spinning around.

“Aren’t you going to say thank you?” Jack asked frowning.

Martha laughed then spun on her heel and left the building, grabbing Tash’s arm and taking her with her. Tash gave Jack and apologetic look before being dragged away by Martha.

“It is a great assignment!” Jack called after her, “I’m very talented.”

“Get over yourself Holden,” Martha called back without even looking back.

“What are you doing on the weekend?” Tasha asked hoisting her school bag over her shoulder.

“Erm, nothing really. Mum and Dad are out of town so do you want to come over?” Martha asked.

Both girls turned the corner and headed down the street where both their houses were. Tasha and Martha were lucky enough to live next door to each other but unfortunately for Martha, Jack Holden lived on the other side of her house. He infuriated more than anything she had ever been infuriated by.

“Sure, mum will probably try and get me to study but I will get out of it somehow. Do you want to invite a few other people?” Tasha asked.

“Ok,” Martha said, “I’ll invite Macy, Jess, Shannon and Sum.”

“Cool, well I’ll see you later,” Tasha called waving as she walked towards her house. Martha waved back and she turned into her house. Sighing she swung her school back around and rummaged in the front pocket for her key. Her parents were in the city visiting some relatives and her older brother Macca was probably out somewhere with his girlfriend Katie or with his mates boozing.

“There you are,” she muttered to herself as she pulled the keys from her bag and unlocked the door. Sighing she put the keys back into her back, swung it back over her shoulder and pushed the door open.

3 HOURS LATER (7pm)

“Mac are you home?” Macca called as he entered the house.

“Yea I’m just upstairs!” Martha called back.

“Are you studying?” Macca asked as he dumped his bag on the table and walked upstairs.

“No,” Martha said.

“Martha,” Macca said, patronizingly as he walked into her room.

“What? Did you study for your HSC?” Martha asked as she flicked the page of her magazine.

“No and look where that got me!” Macca exclaimed, sitting on the bed beside Martha,

“I’m working in a bar!”

“I’d like to work in a bar!” Martha persisted.

Macca sighed, his sister was stubborn, he would give her that, just like he was and his father. But she was a stubborn ass who was going to fail her HSC, and end up working in bar. Sure, he had done it but even if he had studied he still would have failed because he was stupid. But Martha was a smart kid who just couldn’t be bothered to use her brains.

A couple of years ago, she had been a top student. Then one day she just couldn’t be bothered any more, the day that jerk Jack Holden broke her heart. If Jack had been a bit older Macca would have probably kicked his arse for hurting his little sister but how would it look if a 17 year old bashed up a 14 year old kid?

“Do you honestly think I’m going to let my baby sister work as a slutty barmaid?” Macca said, frowning at his sister.

“I honestly don’t think that that is your decision to make!” Martha laughed, “Oh and while I’ve got you here I was wondering what you are doing on Saturday night?”

“I think I’m just going to hang out here why?”

“Well, I was hoping I could have the house to myself, I have a few friends coming over,” Martha said, flicking another page in her magazine.

“Any boys?” Macca asked frowning.

Martha laughed.

“No, but you can stop being the protective older brother now, I can look after myself,” Martha laughed.

Macca hesitated, he had after all been looking forward to a night in. Martha sensed his hesitation and said, “If you do I promise to study,” Martha said in a singsong voice.

“Fine,” Macca said getting up, “I hope you remember this when I want something.”

“Yes,” Martha squealed, jumping up to give her big brother a kiss on the cheek, “Thank you!”

“Whatever, just make sure you study,” Macca said walking out of the bedroom.

“I love you!” Martha called out to him, still laughing. She knew how to get what she wanted, especially with her brother.

“Yea, yea.”

THE NEXT DAY

“Did end up studying?” Tasha asked, as everyone waited in the corridors to start the first exam of their HSC.

“Yea, Macca made me,” Martha answered.

“Since when do you do what Macca or anyone says?” Tasha asked, her eyebrows raised.

“Since he promised to let us have the house to ourselves on Saturday night!” Martha squealed.

“What’s on Saturday night?” Jessica asked, coming up to them followed by Macy, Shannon and Summer.

“A party,” Martha said, “And your all invited, no one else though, it’s only going to be us six.”

“Cool,” Macy said, “Count me in!”

“Me too,” Shannon and Summer said together.

“Jess?” Tasha asked, “Can you come?”

“Sure,” Jess smiled.

“Oh and it’s a sleepover,” Martha said excitedly.

“Oh my God I haven’t had a sleep over since year 10!” Macy exclaimed, clapping her hands. She had a tendency to get over excited, she was famous for it.

“Year 12, would you all please file into your assigned classroom, your first exam is about to begin.”

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

Archived