Dan Bennett running Neighbours

Guest simmins

I don’t really understand what you think Simmins, in one thread your saying how you loved Dan Bennet’s era and his storylines made you prefer H&A over Neighbours, yet in the Neighbours forum your saying how you think he’s rubbish and will ruin the show. Are you sure you’re not just starting threads to be controversial?

I think with the future return of one of the comical characters the show will be ok as far as the 'daggy' stuff goes, I love it too. The show has gone threw times of being very serious, but they always bring back that more crazy stuff, as long as they dont do robot wars again I'll be happy. :cool:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought the problem with some of Neighbours comedy, especially 2005, was that they let the joke last too long. I'll take a recent Home and Away episode, which I'll call "The Cake Episode", which was a comedy storyline that lasted the 20 minutes the episode was on, not of really any relevance to the storylines before or after.

Contrast that to Neighbours attempts in 2005. For instance, Robot Wars or Wrestling, they went on for what seemed like ages and seemed to drag about every other member of cast in as well.

Yet in another thread, you say how excited you are about Susan's upcoming story. Why do you keeping making strange comments like this without backing it up? What is it exactly you think is so terrible with the show at the moment?

Also I'm assuming you and AD1 are the same person.

I know, its kinda becoming stupid, just tell us why you have your opinions, its cool if it is your opinion that he is ruining the show, but its frustrating reading it when you seem to be just posting to cause controversy.

So Simmins how come you think Dan Bennet is ruining the show?

I personally think its going really great currently and there is loads to look forward to, from intense emotional stuff to comical returnees! I'm really into The Parkers, I think they're a cool family, and I like how they all have their own distinct personalities, effort has gone into the writing of them as characters. But all in all I have an interest in all of the cast, so that’s a great thing.

Archived