Any cat lovers here?

Guest kitty_baby777

Calypso and Thilde are very cute. :D

My cat's name is Pitou. He will be 10 in April. He's a bit fat and can be a bit aggressive when my sister plays with him. She calls it 'playing', I call it 'annoying'. :P

At the moment, he's limping a little. He fights a lot with other cats in the neighbourhood. :rolleyes:

He likes chasing mice and bring them back home, especially when my sister and I are alone at home. Being the eldest, I'm the one who has to throw it outside. Yuck!

He likes chasing frogs too. He doesn't eat them, he plays with them. He lets the frog go and the poor little thing is free and jumps away, he then catches it again. <_<

This might sound funny but it isn't. Frogs are clever. One time, a frog acted like it was dead. Our cat didn't find it interesting anymore and left. It turned out the frog wasn't dead. When the cat left, it jumped around the living room and hid behind the bookcase. It wasn't easy to get it out.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Literally demonic? Perhaps you need some holy water o_O

pretty much. Attempting to touch it will result in you getting stitches! I've shed blood countless times from being attacked by him. :o Interestingly, he's only like that indoors, when he's outside he's the friendliest cat you'd ever meet.

The other 3 are nice n friendly, especially the grey one who sleeps in my bed and follows me everywhere :)

• 2 months later...

Aw! All those cats are great! :D

On Tuesday, I got home after a crappy exam day to find my cat limping. I initially thought that he broke his leg, but he had a cut on his paw and it was getting infected. Mum brought him to the vet the next day, but I couldn't go because I was sitting more exams. The vet lady took a look at him and said that his leg was very infected and that he had a kidney problem. So, my cat was on a drip for a day or so. It was very quiet in the house without him! :( The vet rang to tell us about the blood tests that she got back... It turns out that Calypso, my cat, has contracted FIV (the feline HIV). She said that most of the cats in the Connemara region have it and it's not terminal or anything. The only thing it will effect is his immune system. He is also on a special diet now.

If your cat ever gets FIV, don't worry about it! It's not transmittable to humans and it won't kill your cat :P You just have to be careful when the little munchkins get sick because they won't be able to fight off the infection/virus/whatever like they used to. :)

Now there's your lesson for today, kids! :P

I love animals, and cats are so cute. I think after all I'm more of a dog person. But I really do love cats so much, as well. The sad thing is I'm so allergic to cats and dogs, so I can't have any pet at all. But I do survive. :)

There are some real sweet cats in here :)

Archived