Kate Ritchie

Guest ter06

Kate's been getting heaps of media attention on her European trip, here's one of a few features the Sun did on her....

Ritchie's Home and Away boob

By TOMMY HOLGATE

July 25, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

HOME and Away’s Kate Ritchie, who plays Sally Fletcher-Saunders in the soap, says it was difficult growing up as an actress – because boys knew exactly how big her boobs were!

The 28-year-old admits: “Growing up and going through puberty is hard enough to do in the privacy of your own home with your brother teasing you, let alone going to school the morning after you’ve announced to the whole world on telly that you’re wearing your first bra!”

She laughed: “People come up to me all the time and say, ‘One day Sally was a child and the next day she had an enormous set of breasts!

“When in the real world would you be allowed to say that to someone?

“Now I can laugh it off, but at the time it was kind of mortifying.”

Kate’s 20 years on Home And Away has been entered into the Guinness Book Of World Records.

While she may not be in the same league as Bill Roache’s 47-year Corrie stint, she and Ray Meagher, who plays Alf Stewart, share the title of the longest serving actor on an Australian drama series.

Kate added: “Ray and I often joke about who’s going to knock the other one off to keep the title for themselves!

“I have a feeling he might win it, but I can’t see either of us going anywhere any time soon.”

The actress won a Gold Logie - an Australian equivolent to a BAFTA - earlier this year.

We think she should have won breast in show, too.

Archived