This Old Love

Guest KaitieL

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys

Sorry I haven't updated for ages, but I've been really sick with the flu and so has my little boy. And not to mention working and chasing my little boy around the house who has decided he's going to crawl properly and pull himself up on the furniture and eat everything. So I don't really feel like it most days.

Will try to update this weekend. Promise.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, after nearly two months, I have finally updated. So sorry it has taken so long, but as I said, I've been sick and so has my little boy. So after that, work and his first trip up to the emergency room (tried to feed himself and sliced his thumb open) i finally got to it.

Enjoy :)

Chapter Three

Martha continued to stare at the test. How could this happen?, she thought. She knew damn well how it happened and she couldn’t believe she let it get that far.

Her mind flashed back a couple a months ago, her dinner party that had turned out to be just her and Jack. She had such a good time, talking and joking with Jack, it felt like old times. It felt right. Then there was the awkward silence at the door as they were saying good night. Martha didn’t want the night to end and she knew Jack didn’t either. But neither of them had the courage to tell each other how they really felt. She closed the door, banging her head against it. Swallow your pride for once girl! She thought. And with that, she opened the door, only to see Jack still standing there. God he’s sexy, she thought to herself. Martha grabbed his shirt, pulling him close to her and kissed him hungrily, Jack responding as they made their way to the bedroom.

Jack was gone the next morning when she woke up. Martha thought he had to get up early for work, but she saw him later that day at the diner and he was not happy. He had found the divorce papers that Martha had stupidly left out. They fought and the fight ended in both of them signing the papers. Stupid, stupid girl! She thought to herself. Why couldn’t she just tell Jack how she truly felt for once. And that’s when things got really complicated. Martha had a niggling feeling she might be pregnant. The divorce wasn’t what she wanted, so she tore the papers up and went to talk to Jack. And that’s when she saw him. With Sam. Kissing. Now they were getting married. She had to tell Jack, he had a right to know he was going to be a daddy.

Bang, bang, bang! Martha was rudely brought back from her thoughts by the sound of someone banging on the door. She walked over and opened it.

“What the hell do you think you were doing hitting Sam?! Jack screamed at her. “Just because you’re jealous of us, doesn’t mean you have to treat her like that.”

“Excuse me, but what exactly did she tell you?” Martha asked. “Did she tell you she came over to gloat about your engagement?”

“Sam was taking a walk on the beach when she said she saw you,” said Jack. “She wanted to tell you we were engaged so you wouldn’t have to hear it from anyone else. She was trying to do the right thing and you attack her,” Jack ranted. “You’re lower than I thought you were. Just stay away from us.” Before Martha had a chance to defend herself Jack stormed off.

How dare she! Martha was fuming. How dare Sam manipulate Jack like that. She wasn’t going to let her get away with it.

A few days later…

Martha sat in the waiting room of the hospital, waiting for the nurse to call her name. She had her first ante natal appointment today and Martha was actually looking forward to it. She couldn’t wait to see the life that was growing in her.

“Martha Holden?” the nurse called.

“Actually it’s McKenzie, not Holden,” she said correcting the nurse.

“Sorry dear, the doctor’s ready to see you now,” she said.

Martha walked into the room, feeling nervous for some reason. “Mrs Holden, how are you feeling, “ the doctor asked.

“It’s Ms McKenzie, I’m divorced,” she said flatly, a little annoyed.

“Sorry, it says Holden on here, I’ll get it fixed up for you. So are you ready to see that little baby of yours?, asked the doctor.

For the next ten minutes Martha’s eyes remained fixed on the screen, showing her baby. Her and Jack’s baby. Martha was amazed at how perfect the baby was, everything was healthy and everything looked good. She didn’t want to know whether it was a boy or a girl, just as long as it was healthy she would be happy. Even if Jack didn’t want anything to do with her. After the abortion, she felt like that this was meant to be. She was meant to have this baby and she wasn't going to let this chance slip away like last time.

Martha walked out of the office, only to get halfway down the hall when she heard her name being called.

“Ms McKenzie, you forgot you ante natal vitamins,” the doctor called out.

“Sorry,” Martha apologized as she walked up to collect them. “I guess I forgot. I have a lot on my mind”

“No problem. Just make sure you take good care of you and you’re baby,” said the doctor. Martha smiled at him and walked away.

Meanwhile, Sam was around the corner and had just heard everything. She knew straight away the baby was Jack’s and she was going to do everything in her power to make sure he never found out. Sam had a few tricks up her sleeves and if she had anything to do with it, Jack and Martha were never going to be together again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, after a reminder from Barbara, I thought I should update. Just in case there was anyone else out there wanting one. So here it is. Not entirely happy with it, but it will do.

Note: Jack, Sam and Rory all live in the Pad by themselves. No Rachel. Don't know where she lives, it's not important. And I apologise if there's a discprency with how far along Martha's pregnancy is, seeing as though it's been awhile.

Chapter Four

One week later...

Jack woke to the sound of vomitting. Rolling over, he saw the empty space next to him where Sam should have been sleeping. Lifting himself out of bed, he made his way to the bathroom.

"Sam?," he gently called out, as he knocked on the door. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," replied Sam. "I think I just ate something bad last night." She opened the door to find her fiance staring at her.

"Don't lie to me. You've eaten something bad everyday for the past week. I know you to well and I know that something's wrong." said Jack, staring her down. "You can talk to me Sam, we are getting married after all."

"Well," Sam started. "I didn't want to tell until I was 100% sure, but I guess I can tell you now. I'm pregnant Jack." She looked up at Jack, searching his face for his reaction. "Say something, please."

Jack's face broke into a huge grin. "That's fantastic," he exclaimed. "I couldn't wait to start a family with you and now it looks like I don't have to. Of course we didn't plan it, but why wait." He scooped her up into his arms and spun her around. "I'm so happy at the moment, I just want to shout it out from the roof tops. I have to ring Dad."

"So you're not mad?" asked Sam.

"Of course not, why would I be?" Jack replied.

"Just because we didn't plan it. I think we should keep this to ourselves, for a bit," said Sam. "Just until I'm a bit further along. Just to be on the safe side." Seeing Jack's disappointed face, she sighed. "Well, I guess you can ring Tony. Just don't tell Colleen. You know what that woman's like, it will be all over the town within five minutes. Well I'm off to have a shower"

Jack bent down and kissed his fiance, "I love you," he said.

"Love you too. Now, I have to get ready for work or else I'll be late. And so will you," she added.

Martha awoke to the sound of her alarm. She rolled out of bed, feeling even more tired than when she went to bed the night before. She was lucky she didn't have morning sickness but thought it had to be better than feeling this tired all the time. Martha was ten weeks pregnant and while no one knew yet, she wouldn't be able to keep it a secret for long. Still, she had a bit before she would start showing and would have to answer questions as to why she was gaining weight just around the mid section. But she knew she had to tell Jack. Now. Before it got more complicated. And there was the little problem with the divorce papers that he didn't know about. Yes, she would tell him today, she decided. She was on holidays and she knew she shouldn't put it off anymore.

Feeling better after a shower and some breakfast, she made her way over to Jack's. She knocked on the door, praying that Jack would listen to what she had to say. She knew that he was still mad at her from the other week, but he would just have to listen to her. The door swung open and Jack and Martha came face to face.

"What do you want?" Jack asked, angrily.

"I need to talk to you. It's important and it can't wait," replied Martha.

"Look, if you're here to stir up trouble again, you can just leave now," said Jack, staring her down.

"Can you just hear what I have to say. Please?" begged Martha.

"Fine, but make it quick," sighed Jack. "I have to be at work soon and Sam's in the shower. I want you gone before she gets out. She doesn't need the stress. Not now."

Martha looked him, confused. What did he mean by that? Not that it was her business. She took a deep breath preparing to tell Jack about the baby, unaware that Sam was listening in the hallway. "Well...

"Jack!" Sam called out, as she walked into the kitchen. "Did you ring Tony yet? I'm sure he was over the moon about the baby." There was no way she was going to let the little slut tell him she was pregnant. She couldn't risk losing him. "Oh there you. Hi Martha."

"Baby," Martha whispered. How did she know about the pregnancy?

"Yeah," Jack replied. "Not that it's any of you're business, but Sam's pregnant. I'd appreciate it if you didn't go spreading it around. It's supposed to be a secret. Now, I'm going to be late for work, so whatever it is you wanted, it will have to wait."

"Ah sure," stammered Martha, trying to hold back tears. "Congratulations." Sam was pregnant and so was she. Things just got complicated. There was no way that Jack was going to leave Sam for her. Martha ran to the beach, dropped her knees in the sand and did the only thing she could do. Cry.

After what seemed hours of crying her eyes out, Martha made her way back to the apartment. She had done a lot of thinking on the beach and had come to a decision. Walking into her bedroom, she pulled down her suitcase and began stuffing her clothes in it. There was only one thing she could do and that was to leave Summer Bay.

Next Chapter: Does Martha really leave the bay? Or will someone stop her before it's too late?

Archived