What's to come video!!

Guest simmins

Jamie, if you listen to the 80s version of the theme song and the ones that are airing now, they sound totally different, too. It still is the Neighbours theme song – just a different rendition. I would’ve liked them to keep the old Neighbours font, though.

The opening credits are cute, but i dont like the vocalist of the song.

The stories look interesting, especially the new family, something to do with Ned my guess.

And Ned and Janae finally get together <3

I might just tune in afterall, if my brother lets me :P

2. I think it'll be quite difficult for Neighbours to change its credits when cast members leaving.

I agree: no other show has ever made this mistake. Home and Away came close this year, but the photos have been changed pretty easily. The only ones that will pose a problem are Leah, Sally and Alf.

Nevertheless, since they've cut out Boyd, Sky and Kerry before they even leave, and added Riley nearly two weeks before he appears, this version should probably take us to the end of the year. Removing Pepper will be their first problem, but one that they won't have to deal with for months.

The new song is fantastic, a breath of fresh air (as opposed to the Israel Cannan rendition of Home and Away. which was a breath of hot, dusty air). But changing the font was a step too far IMO.

I would have preferred the original logo stay put!

The content of the show looks to be great, soooo ‘Neighbours’, in my opinion, they didn’t do a completely flip with the lack of character developing anyway, I feel like it was always there even throughout the shock/horror stuff…it just wasn’t the main focus, which I’m so glad they are turning back around again.

And the show is so much more aimed at adults, Karl and Susan have forever been given good strong storylines that are forefront and never background, and with the introduction of so many more 40+ characters it’s going to be great. Not to say I like all the characters, but with Neighbours I’ve always been pretty much interested in all characters of the entire age range whether it is the 9 year old kid of the cast, a teen or adult, in the most part, they are written with good character depth and continuity.

Archived