When The Sun Shines

Guest Alicia-jade

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great start!

Poor Martha, all she wants is for Jack to show some interest but no, he's too busy playing cop :rolleyes: Hope he starts putting her first before its too late...

Aww, baby girl Holden :wub: How adorable.

More soon please.

It keeps posting wierd. Does anyone know how i can sort it out? ( Am hoping this time it posts with speech marks!!

If your refering to small boxes coming up when you edit it. They dont apear as long as you click on the full edit button. If you press quick edit (or whatever its called) it comes up with the boxes.

So just make sure you press full edit :)

Great second chapter, looking forward to more :)

Part 3

Martha sat at home for hours waiting for Jack to come back. His shift was due to finish at 11 but it was long after this that he finally arrived home.

He crept in the front door as quietly as he could, assuming Martha would be in bed asleep.

“You're back then” she said coldly, not moving from her well-used seat on the couch.

“Martha” Jack said, surprise evident in his whisper. “I thought you’d be on bed”

“I wanted to make sure you got home okay. Thought your shift finished at 11?”

“I stayed on, sorry”. He sat down next to her. “I’m really sorry about earlier too. What happened at Dad and Beth’s”.

He grasped her hand in his. “You left these. I’ve been looking at them all evening” he said pulling them out of his pocket.

“Our baby” he breathed, finally feeling the joy Martha had when she first found out they were having a girl. “Our little girl” he said moving in to kiss Martha.

“Jack, please. It’s really late” she said pulling her head away before he could kiss her. “I’m going to bed” she said grabbing her class of water off the coffee table and leaving the room.

“Don’t you want to tal..” he began but stopped, feeling crestfallen as he heard the bedroom slam shut.

“looks like we’re on the couch tonight” he said holding up the scan pictures of his unborn daughter.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived