Just Moved Here

Guest *caitie*

Part 21

Lucas' P.O.V

The next few moments were hectic. We all stared at Mr Armstrong as though he's gone mad

'Don't stand there staring, get under the f****** desks!'

We all scrambled under desks. Mattie sat next to me. I saw how scared she was and grabbed her hand, smiling weakly. Everyone was dead quiet. No one talked. All kinds of thoughts whirled through my head.

Who were they?

What were they doing?

Who did they want?

Maybe it was all just some sick joke, or maybe someone really did want to kill someone. Maybe they wanted to kill me. I suddenly felt sick. I felt like some contagious disease that someone needed to get rid of as soon as possible, like I was endangering everyone else in the room. I felt a sudden urge to run to the window and jump out, but I knew I couldn't.

BANG!

Everyone flinched, or screamed, or both. I swear Mattie was about to cut my blood circulation off. She shut her eyes and leaned against the bar of her desk. This was like some kind of torture. I didn't know what was happening, this crazy person could be in the school! When would we even be safe, would some of us even go home? No one moved. No one spoke. We were all still, hardly daring to breathe. I felt like I was going to throw up, I was so shaky. It remained like this for what seemed like ages. Could've been hours, could've been only minutes. At one point I felt that dying would be better than this.

A teacher suddenly ran in and everyone glared a her as thought she was interrupting something important

'He's gone, the gunman, he's gone!!' She yelled

'Thank God!' Mattie cried

Then she just sat there hugging me for ages, I hugged her back, at the same time shaking my hand so I could get some feeling back into it.

When I got home I told Dad about the gunman.

'Yeah, I heard mate' he said when I told him 'I don't think it's a very good sign'

I have to leave oit there my sis wants 2 go on!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part 22

Lucas' P.O.V

‘Maybe it was just some crazy person!’ I said hopefully

Dad nodded, even though I knew he hadn’t listened to a word I’d just said in the last minute of what I thought were reassuring guesses to why the crazy gunman was there. Before I could think of anymore, Martha and Jack ran into the house, looking as though they’d just ran a race

‘Guess what?!’ Jack basically shouted at us

‘What?!’ I yelled

‘Martha’s going to have a baby!’

Dad nearly exploded with joy and surprise

'Wow, that's great!' He exclaimed

'Congrats!' I said

'Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?'

'Both! We're having twins!' Jack said

'Let's have a drink, wine Martha, Jack?'

'Yes please, Tony' Martha said as we all sat down at the table

'Lucas, I suppose you can have some wine, I don't know if you'll like it though' Dad said as he placed the wine on the table

I tasted the liquid, then screwed my face up, nearly spitting it out, it was really bitter.

'I don't think Lucas likes it much' Dad said, smiling at me

'Have you thought of any names yet?' I asked, handing the glass back to Dad

'Well, I wanted matching names, like Lucy and Louis, or something like that? Martha said

We sat there thinking for a while

'Got one!' Dad exclaimed 'What about Olivia and Orlando?'

'Yes! I love the name Orlando, reminds me of Orlando Bloom' Martha said giggling as Jack looked at her, surprised

'Don't like the anme Orlando now, how about, umm, Annie and Andrew?'

'I like Olivia and Orlando'

We thought for a while more

'Oh Lucas, I forgot to tell you, will you and Mattie be godparents?'

I looked at them, amazed

'You're serious, me and Mattie?'

'Yeah!'

'Okay!I gotta go tell Mattie!'

I ran next door and knocked on the door. Thankfully, Mattie answered the door

'Mattie!Good news, Jack and Martha are having twins and they asked us to be godparents!'

Thats all I can write at te moment sorry!!

Hey thought I'd do a short post!!

Part 23

Lucas P.O.V

'OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!!' Mattie squealed

I smiled at her

'Is it a boy or girl?' She asked

'Both! They're having twins!'

Mattie squealed again and jumped up and down

'What are they calling them? When are they due?!'

'I dunno! I'll go ask them, wanna come with?'

She nodded and we ran back to my place. When we got there, my vision started going blurry, but I blinked it away.

'When are the-' I started to say, but my vision started going blurry again

'Yes, Lucas?'

But my brain seemed to be going fuzzy, making everyones speech slurred and incomprehensible.

The last thing I saw was Jack running toward me as I fell then vast emptiness enveloped me like a black hole and I remember nothing else.

I stared round the shed, there was no way out, as I very well knew. I'd stared round it a million times before, but I saw no weaknesses in the very solid steel walls. Mark and Ben entered the shed. I tried to move, but there was no use, the rope around me wouldn't budge.

'Don't move, Goldilocks, or you'll regret it!' Mark bought a gun out from behind his back

'No! You can't do this!' Jack yelled from across the room

Ben sneered 'Oh, but you'll find that we can. And you'll be watching it when he,' He gestured vaguely towards me, then smiled savagely 'dies.'

'WHAT? No! He's my only brother!'

'You should've thought about that when you killed the bosses only daughter'

Jack squirmed furiusly against the ropes binding him, but, like ,me, to no avail.

Mark laughed softly, then turned to me

'You're brother's too late, Goldilocks,' Mark pulled the little lever on top of the gun 'two years too late' He aimed the gun at me, then smiled and cocked his head like a little kid wondering what the consequenses would be if the did something.

'Goodbye, Lucas Holden'

And then he fired

I woke up

I decided to leave it there. I don't know when next I'll update, hopefully soon.

MERRY X-MAS!!!!!!!!!

Part 24

Lucas' P.O.V

I woke up

I was sweating all over. My hair felt like I had just been in the shower. I was very hot and I felt very sick. I was lying on the floor of the kitchen tiles. Mattie and Dad were on one side of me and Jack and Martha were on the other.

'Lucas, are you alright?' Dad said as he saw me open my eyes

I groaned and shook my head

Jack put the back of his hand to my forehead, then took it off quickly

'He's got a really bad fever, somethings wrong' I heard him say to Dad

I tried to sit up, but felt very light headed and passed out again.

When I woke up I was lying on the couch instead of the tiles on the floor. There was a cold piece of cloth across my forehead, but I still felt very hot and felt shaky. I saw Mattie, Beth, Jack Martha, Dad and Rachel beside me, all looking very concerned. But when I opened my eyes, Rachel tried to look more professional

'Can you hear me, Lucas?' I nodded, too tired to talk

'Now Lucas, I think you've had a reaction to something, though I'm not entirely sure, but anyway. I'll just give you this needle which prevents any worse reactions, if that is what it is'

I felt a slight pinch in my arm.

'If it isn't a reaction, Tony, do you have any idea how he could have gotten this sick?' Rachel asked him

'No, I mean, he's pretty fit and healthy, he doesn't smoke or do drugs, as far as I know'

He cast me a glance that clearly told me I'd better not be

Mattie walked over to me and grabbed my hand, holding it tightly

'I'll bring over some medicines later. But in the meantime, get lots of rest, oh, and absolutely no surfing' She smiled and walked out.

'Are you doing drugs or smoking Lucas?' Dad asked me

I shook my head

Mattie sighed

'I'd better go'

'Me too,' Beth said 'Henry has probably torn the place apart by now'

I had to leave it there!

Part 25

Lucas' P.O.V

I must’ve slept on the couch that night, because when I woke up the sun was rising. I still felt a little sick, but I was much worse yesterday. I was going to text Mattie, but after a couple of minutes looking around the room for it, found I had l left it up in my room and I couldn’t be stuffed getting it. I lay there for about half and hour before drifting off to sleep. I woke up and looked at the clock on the wall. 3.30 pm. Dad came in after a while and took my temperature, then left the room saying it had gone down by heaps.

After a while I got very bored, so I decided to go to Mattie’s. I had to tell her about the dream I had.

‘Lucas,’ she exclaimed when she saw me ‘I thought you wouldn’t be out of bed for at least a couple of days!’

She smiled, then examined my face with concern

‘Are you sure you’re alright? You still look very pale’

‘Yes Mattie I’m fine’

She smiled

‘But I need to tell you something’ I said

The smile faded from her face

‘Let’s go for a walk’

We walked down to the beach and sat down on the warm, comfortable sand.

‘I had another dream’

She saw my face

‘Did something happen to Jack or Tony? Did-oh no, they didn’t, die, did they’

I shook my head

‘It was me, someone shot me’

She looked at me in shock, then terror

‘Lucas you don’t, die, do you?

I shrugged

‘I dunno, the person shot me, then I woke up’

Mattie wrung her hands

‘Oh no, oh no, we’ve got to do something to stop this happening! You’ve got to be with someone at all times!’

I looked at her uncertainly

‘But Mattie, I didn’t exactly want that stuff to happen to Dad, but it did, and-‘

‘Yes, but that was because we didn’t do anything to stop it happening’

I stared out to sea, not really seeing it, and worrying about what was going to happen.

‘First things first, are you a fast runner?’

I looked at her, first in confusion, and then I knew what she was getting at

‘Well, yeah, I suppose, I was on some of the school track teams’

‘Good,’ she said ‘and do you know self-defense?’

‘Yep, I learnt it in P.E’

‘Well then, you’re all set! If someone tries to do something to you, run, or do self-defense’

I nodded, then smiled at her

‘Thank you Mattie, you’ve no idea how much that helped’

She smiled back ‘Anytime’

I sat at the table, eating tea. At least, trying to eat tea. I just wasn't hungry. Every time I tried to take a bite of food, I just thought about how this might be the last meal I ever ate.

'Lucas, are you alright? You're picking at your food. Is something on your mind?'

'No, I just feel a little sick. Can I go for a walk?'

'Yes, but don't be long'

'And I'm going to go see Martha' Jack said

Jack and I walked down the street and through the alleyway.

Jack stopped as we got to the beach

'Okay, this is where I leave you. I'm going to come back in five minutes to make sure you go home, cause, you know what might happen'

I nodded. Then he walked off into the distance

I walked down the little pathway to the beach. I walked a long way, letting the salty breeze play on my face. The sea was coming up on the edge of my shoes, so I took them off and threw them behind me, then stood still, watching the tide go in, and out, in, and out, in......

I suddenly got a feeling, not a good feeling either. A feeling that something wasn't right, that someone was watching me. I stood, rigid, in the sand. Then I decided it was time to leave. I walked quickly up toward the alleyway from where I had come. Suddenly, someone’s hand grabbed my arm but I reacted quickly, kicking behind me, hitting the attacker, then running up the beach, but the sand was hard to run up. And even though I'd been one of the fastest boys in my grade at my old school, the person was faster. He grabbed me from behind, holding my arms to my side and putting his hand over my mouth. He dragged me up an alleyway towards a car.

To my surprise, there was Jack. His mouth in a gag and his hands tied behind his back.

‘Got him?’ The man that was holding Jack asked

‘What’s it look like, Dan?’ the man holding me asked

‘Mark, should we tie him up?’ Dan asked

Mark shrugged

‘Yeah I suppose'

They pushed me towards the car so I was facing it, and tied my hands behind my back, then tunred me back the other way and gagged my mouth. They opened the car door and shoved me and Jack inside. I struggled, but it didn't make any difference. Then we drove off. Leaving the only chance of hope and escape behind us.

In the morning, Tony walked into Lucas bedroom to wake him up, but there was no Lucas. And when he thought about it, he hadn't heard Lucas coming home either. He walked into Jacks room, but there was no Jack either, that's when he started to panick. So he rang Martha

'Hello Martha, it's Tony'

'Oh, hello Tony'

'I was wondering if Jack came over last night'

'No he didn't, was he suppose to?'

'yes...he said he was going to go and see you. Lucas and Jack left, Lucas saying he was going to the beach, and Jack saying he was going to see you. Are you absolutely sure he didn't turn up'

'I'm sure, I was here all night I would've heard him come in'

'Okay, thanks Martha'

Martha must have heard the fear in Tony voice because the next thing she said was

'Don't worry Tony, I'm sure they'll turn up. They probably just went to a party and got drunk or something'

'No, Lucas isn't like that, Jack maybe, but he doesn't really support drinking'

'Okay Tony, I hope you find them'

'Yep, me too, see-ya'

'bye'

Tony walked down the beach until something caught his attention. A pair of shoes were dumped on the beach. Tony ran to them and picked them up. They were defiantly Lucas. The blue paint stain was still there from where Jack had "accidentally" dropped the spray can and it had "accidentally" sprayed on Lucas shoe. Why would Lucas just leave a rondom pair of shoes on the beach? Tony now knew something was terribly wrong, he didn't know why, he could just feel it. He ran up to the police station and told them hois story, but it wasn't until three hours later that Jack and Lucas holden were reported as "missing".

Lucas dream happens..

Will Jack and Lucas get out alive??

Okay since people want me to update I will!!!

Part 26

Lucas P.O.V

‘What are you going to do with us?’ Jack asked

We sat in a cold, bare, dark room with grey doors and a grey roof. Their was one chair bolted to the floor and no decorations or windows and the only thing giving us light was the single light bulb dangling above our heads but even that gave out hardly any light because all the dust that had accumulated there over the years, I vaguely wondered how many years that was. We had driven in the car for about 10 minutes. Then they had roughly pulled of my blindfold and made us walk for at least another 10 minutes through a bush, and then we came in here. They glanced at us a few times, turning away whenever we noticed them looking. But I was glancing at them too and it disturbed me. A kind of excited fear showed on their faces, like they didn’t want to do what they were about to do, but couldn’t wait to do it. Jack was still looking around hopefully for a way out. Mark had some rope which I had a grim idea what it was for and my idea was confirmed when they came over to me, cut some rope off, and tied it to the rope around my hands and tied that to the chair, and did the same to Jack

‘Now don’t you two try anything you’ll regret, ‘cause Mark and I will be just outside’

He eyed us suspiciously for a second before they walked out the door.

‘What are we going to do?’

‘I don’t know’ Jack shook his head helplessly

‘Did they ever give you advice on this?’

'In what?'

'I dunno, didn't you go to police training or something like that?'

‘Yes, but do you think they give you some helpful tips about what to do if you’re kidnapped?’

I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm, but it gave me a glimmer of hope.

I stared round the shed, there was no way out, as I very well knew. I'd stared round it a million times before, but I saw no weaknesses in the very solid steel walls. Mark and Ben entered the shed. I tried to move, but there was no use, the rope around me wouldn't budge.

'Don't move, Goldilocks, or you'll regret it!' Mark bought a gun out from behind his back

'No! You can't do this!' Jack yelled from across the room

Ben sneered 'Oh, but you'll find that we can. And you'll be watching it when he,' He gestured vaguely towards me, then smiled savagely 'dies.'

'WHAT? No! He's my only brother!'

'You should've thought about that when you killed the bosses only daughter'

Jack squirmed furiously against the ropes binding him, but, like me, to no avail.

Mark laughed softly, then turned to me

'You're brother's too late, Goldilocks,' Mark pulled the little lever on top of the gun 'two years too late' He aimed the gun at me, then smiled and cocked his head like a little kid wondering what the consequences would be if the did something. 'You're brother's too late, Goldilocks,' Mark pulled the little lever on top of the gun 'two years too late' He aimed the gun at me, then smiled and cocked his head like a little kid wondering what the consequences would be if the did something.

'Goodbye, Lucas Holden'

And then he fired,

but just as he did, a policeman opened the door and fired two shots into the roof.

‘Right, you two get down on the ground, NOW!’ He pointed to Mark and Dan with the gun, then at the ground where Mark and Dan had just threw themselves down upon.

The bullet Mark had fired missed my heart, but not by much. It went into my stomach and I yelled out in pain. The policeman walked cautiously over to Mark and Dan, taking Marks gun. He came over to Jack and untied us quickly, then walked over to Mark and Dan, dragged them over to the chair, and used the remaining bits of rope to tie their hands together and then to tie them to the chair. Jack ran over to me, telling me things that I wasn't listening to. He put his hands over my stomach, trying to stop the bleeding, but I could see the blood, seeping out of my shirt and falling in drops onto the floor. I felt cold, so cold, and sick and I ached all over. I wished I could be with Mattie, to hold her hand, to kiss her one last time...

Jack was still talking to me, trying not to let his emotions overtake him, but I could see them, because I knew him to well not to. I needed to talk to him, because this was probably the time in my life I had felt so attached to him.

'Jack, I'm scared.' I whispered

His face fell, making it a torrent of emotions I could hardly read, each one more powerful than the rest. I saw sadness, guilt, anger, confusion, frustration, regret, but I also saw what I was looking for, fear. And then he said

'I am too Lucas'

A tear slid down his cheek and landed on my shirt. He grasped my hand and he was the last thing I felt before I blacked out.

Mattie's P.O.V

Oh my god, oh my god, where is he?

That thought had gone through my head a million, and so had a million questions that had many possible answers, but they all had bad endings. The police had gone to look for them. Henry, Cassie, Ric and I had asked to go but we were flatly refused, and they left the police station telling us sorry, but we were to young. So we did what we could, searched the whole time, then double checked every place they might be, but found no trace of them. But then something starnge had happened. A policeman had gone to check out a highway and hadn't come back, but the rest of the police crew didn't have time for him, as they were frantically searching a bush, where someone was sure they'd seen Lucas and Jack walk past. So now I was at the beach, maybe looking for a distraction, but mostly to let my thoughts run through me like the sand I was picking up that was now running through my fingers, and I was staring out to sea. I'd always loved the sea. Mum had always taken us there when we were very little, and Dad had occasionally gaven us surfing lesson, but after 2 or 3 tries, I'd found surfing was defiantly not my calling. But I loved the sea. It seemed to make me calm no-matter what. Like it could crash down upon the rocks and be an agressive torrent of waves, sometimes reflecting my mood, or it could be calm, sometimes reflecting a glorious sunset. But no-matter what it was, it would always sooth and comfort me. It was something Lucas and I had in common.

Lucas.

The very name made my heart race. I wondered if it would do that for much longer, maybe it would just make my heart fill with sadness and dread.

Stop it, Mattie! I thought, you mustn't think like that! There's every chance in the world Lucas is going to be fine, but then I thought that there's every chance in theworld he won't.

'Mattie!'

I turned around, hastily wiping away the tear that slid down my cheek. Henry had called me. He was now running toward me.

'Someone has found Jack and Lucas, they're at the hospital now!'

I jumped up and sprinted to the hopspital, the horrible thoughts I had been thinking before now pounded through my head, making me run faster. I ran inside and saw them wheeling Lucas through a corridor.

'Lucas Holden, male, 16, severe bullet wound to abdomen, been unconcious for atleast 2 hours!'

Lucas opened his eyes for a split secong and saw me walking beside him.

'Mattie...' He whispered

Then he coughed, and I realised one thing that was scaring me the most.

He was coughing up blood.

Yes yes yes, okay, I'll update now, you're all so deamanding lol, Just joking!!

Part 27

Mattie's P.O.V

Lucas stared at the blood he had just coughed up for a few seconds, and then he blacked out. The doctors wheeled him into a room and I stood outside it, staring at it. I slowly moved backwards and sat down on a chair, then buried my face in my hands. In the next hour that passed, many people gathered outside the room that Lucas Holden was now in: My Mum, Tony, Ric, Cassie, Henry, Beth, Brad, Colleen, Irene, Alf, Martha, some other people and me. And everything else was just confusion and fear for Lucas. Someone came over and put and arm around my shoulders, but I didn’t look up, I didn’t even move. Rachael came out after about 2 and a half hour of waiting. She looked grim. I stood up.

‘What is it, is he okay?’ Tony asked.

Rachel looked up, but didn’t look any of us in the eye.

‘The bullet had punctured Lucas lung and triggered some internal bleeding, and-and’ Rachael choked up. She looked at the ground, as if it had some comfort in what she was about to say, but her sad expression stayed on her face as she said the next few terrifying words

‘And he has a five percent chance of living’

Tony stared at her as she walked away. Jack walked out of the room, Martha following, a few others walked out as well. Others sat down on chairs. I sank to the floor, burying my face in my hands one more. This couldn’t be happening. Just yesterday I had been telling Lucas what to do if these people came up to him. But now that advice seemed useless, even my life seemed useless. I stumbled outside and sat down on a chair and looked up at the sky. I wondered, as clouds went across the sky, how they could keep going, when so many things were happening to the world, all the pain and suffering, and some of that pain was happening to me. The pain felt so real that I could run a thousand miles, or scream at someone, at the world. And yet, as I thought of the millions of other people that were suffering in the world, I felt so small, that I should just sit down and cry, because that’s all I could do, so insignificant against the world.

Henry came out and sat next to me.

‘Are you alright?’ He asked

I gave him a look that clearly told him my answer and he sighed.

‘He’ll be okay, Mattie’

I looked back at him

‘How do you know?’

He sighed again ‘Because he seems like the person who would put up a fight’

He put an arm around my shoulders

‘I don’t know what I’d do if he died’

And then I started sobbing on Henrys' shoulders. He hugged me, which is a rare thing to do if you knew Henry, and said reassuring things I didn’t hear, because I was remembering things. I was remembering Lucas, all the times with him, the laughs, the serious times, school, friends, smiling, joking, kissing, hugging and most of all, the dreams. I nearly smiled when I remembered the first time he had told me about the dreams. I had been so ready to say no, but the words sort of popped out. I had taken a breath to say, “What on earth are you talking about?” or, “Have you gone mad?”. But instead the words “I believe you” popped out. And those words had changed my life forever. I said to myself, that no-matter what; I would always remember Lucas Holden. Always remember how caring and nice he was, always remember how much he loved me, and always remember his personality that I would never be able to describe.

Henry and I went back inside after a while.

‘Has anything happened since we left?’ I asked Tony who was standing outside the room Lucas was in, staring at the door.

He shook his head and continued staring at the door while Mum stood beside him, talking to him, but I’m not sure if he was listening.

I sighed and sat down on one of the waiting chairs. I wondered why these chairs were so uncomfortable. Was it because they wanted to keep the people that were waiting so alert? Or maybe it was just my imagination that they were so uncomfortable, and I was the only one that was uncomfortable. I looked over at Jack, who had now come back inside. Martha was leaning on his shoulder, her eyes were closed, I think she was asleep. I wished I could be asleep, to not know the reality of this situation. Rachel suddenly came out of the room.

'What's happening? Is he alright? When can we see him?' Tony asked

Rachel held up her hand to silence him.

'Lucas is in a stable condition. You can go see him if you like, but he won't be able to answer because he is still unoncious'

Rachel walked down the corrifor, leaving us standing, shocked, behind her.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been camping :P this will probably be short.

Part 28

Mattie's P.OV

The doctors that stepped out of the room shortly after Rachel left said that Lucas needed rest and we could go in, as long as we didn't wake him up. So about half an hour after that, I tentatively stepped into the room. Lucas was sleeping peacefully, with a smile upon his face as though he knew a secret. I sat in the chair beside him and grabbed the limp hand that hung over Lucas bed. I leaned forward and whispered in his ear;

'I love you Lucas Holden.'

I leaned on his chest, feeling the rise and fall of it.

I smiled as I drifted off to sleep, knowing that Lucas was hopefully going to pull through.

A man dressed in a white doctors coat walked down the hall, but he didn't work for the hospital, he wasn't even a doctor, he just needed to blend in. He had been sent to do what Mark and Dan couldn't do. He walked in slow, purposeful strides. He had dark wavy hair, and dark eyes, and dark, suntanned skin. He had a heavy build, and seemed to carry a sense of "knowing what he was doing" about him. As he walked down the corridor, no-one even glanced at him twice. He smiled, knowing this was going to be easy. He glanced into the rooms. He didn’t know which one the boy was in, but had been given a description of him. He finally found the room and frowned. A girl was there, leaning on his victim. She was almost smiling, but not just yet. She was a pretty girl, probably about 15, or 16. She had blond hair that was turning brown, and long, dark eyelashes. She has a pale face and the light pink dress and skirt she was wearing complimented her perfectly, but he wasn’t here to kill her. His eyes moved to the boy she was leaning on. He was a handsome boy, with blond, wavy hair, and features as though drawn by an artist. He would have attracted a lot of girls, if only he’d lived a little longer. The man frowned again, realizing that when he turned off the machine, the beeping would wake the girl, and he wouldn’t just be able to walk out the door without being noticed by her. He looked around, and stopped when he saw the window. He walked over to it and opened it wide enough for him to get out easily. He walked back over to the boy, and hesitated when he went to flick the switch. This boy was no older than 17. He had his whole life ahead of him, but now, if he did flick this switch, his hopes and dreams would never be fulfilled. He looked down at the boy. He was smiling slightly, as if he knew something, a secret. The man had been told nothing of the boys’ situation, only that he needed to be gone, but now, as he saw him, he didn’t see why, he seemed innocent enough. The man shook his head slightly, trying to get out of the daydream that he could possible let this boy live when his orders had been to kill him. The man looked at the boy one last time, then, without time to stop himself, flicked the switch. He hear the continuous beep of the machine as he jumped out the window and felt a twinge of regret, but knew he could do nothing to help the boy, he was long gone,

Lucas Holden was dead.

Hahaha lol :P

Part 29

Henry's P.O.V

I walked up the hallway to Lucas room. When I came to it I hear a continuous beeping sound, and then dread filled me. I knew, even as I stepped inside his room, something was dreadfully wrong. I saw Mattie. She was hugging Lucas tightly, as if she’d never let him go. She was white, and I could see a single tear track that ran down her cheek.

‘Henry! Henry he’s fine, isn’t he?’

I didn’t answer her. Doctors ran in past me, pushing me aside to get into the room. One of them pulled Mattie away. She was yelling at them to get off her, she wanted to stay with her boyfriend! They finally succeeded in shoving Mattie out the door and she fell into my arms, crying and screaming. She finally looked up from her tear stained face and said;

‘He’s fine, isn’t he, Henry? It’s just the stupid machine doing something, it must be faulty, mustn’t it, Henry, mustn’t it?’ She walked, as if trying to reassure herself

‘I-I-I don’t know, Mattie’ I said quietly

Rachel came out of the room, and so did a heap of other doctors. I’ll never forget the look of defeat on their face, as if they wished they hadn’t chose the job of being a doctor. Rachel looked at her shoes. I saw a single tear fall on them. She stared at the liquid a long time till she said something.

‘I’m sorry’

‘No,’ Mattie said defiantly ‘I won’t believe you until you tell me he’s dead’

‘Mattie-‘I started, but she cut me off

‘No, Henry! I want her to tell me’

Rachel’s hands trembled as she looked up at Mattie

‘I’m sorry, Mattie. He’s dead’

Mattie's P.O.V

Those words rang in my ear, taunting me mercifully. I stood there a moment, taking it all in. Then I nodded.

'I need to see him' I said

Rachel looked at me sadly, then nodded, walking away. I walked into the room. Lucas was still lying there, looking as he did before, but this time, he had a different smile. This smile was saying, "I'll always be with you, no-matter what." A tear ran down my cheek and I put a hand over my mouth to stifle the sobs that were issuing from my mouth. I ran to Lucas and hugged him.

'I don't know what I'll do without you!' I told him.

I couldn't believe he was gone, he couldn't be. But that light that had been there since when I had first seen him was gone, along with Lucas, and both of them were never coming back.

Sorry it is short, next chapter up soon!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is the last chapter guys, so enjoy!!

Part 30

Mattie's P.O.V

Suddenly I heard a gasp and a fit of coughing coming from below me and a feeble

‘Mattie, I can’t breathe! Get off!’

I jumped off Lucas and looked at him as he went into another fit of coughing

‘Lucas, you’re alive!’ I exclaimed

‘Of course, I’m talking, which means I’m not dead’

‘But-but’

I hugged him again then said

‘I’ll be right back’

I ran out of the room

‘Lucas is alive!’ I yelled

My Mum looked at me as she comforted Tony. I could see a look of pity on her face as she looked at me.

‘Mattie, he’s gone’

‘No, Mum! Come and see!’

She let me drag her into the room and gasped when she saw Lucas sitting up, looking slightly dazed, but generally ok.

‘Oh my god, oh my god’ She exclaimed

She ran over to him and pushed the button above his head several times, then ran out into the corridor and started yelling out stuff I couldn’t hear because I was hugging Lucas so hard he said later that he could hardly breathe. The Doctors ran in and pulled me away from him, doing tests and asking him questions. They finally finished their questions and he was left alone with me. I walked over to him and gently hugged him. When I finally let go I smiled slightly and said

‘Don’t ever, ever, ever do that to me again’

He smiled back

‘Don’t worry, I won’t. I never want to leave you like that again’

Tears sprang to my eyes and my heart leapt to hear his voice again.

9 weeks later

I sat down next to Lucas in the sand and looked at him.

The scars and memories from his ordeal were still embedded in his chest. The doctors had said he’d probably have that scar forever. I was worried for Lucas. He was spending a lot of time on his own and he didn’t look as happy as he probably should be.

‘Hi’ I said to him

He turned to me and nodded, then looked back to the rushing waves of the sea.

There was silence

‘What’cha doing?’ I asked

‘Thinking’ He answered simply

I sighed quietly, knowing that he is very stubborn and probably wouldn’t say anything. But he surprised me and started talking

‘Mattie, the dreams have stopped.’

I took a moment to consider this, and then said slowly and carefully

‘Maybe the dreams were some kind of warning’

He nodded

‘Thank you, Mattie’

He hugged me and whispered in my ear

‘I love you.’

14 years later

‘Olivia! Don’t run in the house!’ Martha cried to Olivia as Mattie and Lucas walked into the room.

‘Then tell Orlando to give my mascara back!’ Olivia shouted shooting death stared at Orlando as she ran down the stairs and around the couch trying to catch him.

She finally jumped over the couch and slapped Orlando three times across the face, yelling

‘Give-it-back!’

‘Don’t slap people, Olivia. You’ve no idea how much it hurts’ Jack said

Olivia smiled sweetly

‘Sorry Daddy-darling’ She then snatched the mascara off of Orlando and stomped up the stairs to her bedroom.

Orlando flung himself down on the couch, rubbing his cheeks where Olivia had slapped him. Mattie and Lucas sat beside him.

'Uncle Lucas, why can't guys hit girls? It is very, very unfair'

Lucas sighed

'It's just the laws of etiquette'

'Stupid laws' Orlando muttered.

Lucas smiled and looked at him.

Orlando had curly, blonde hair. He had got it from Lucas. He also had dark, brown eyes, drawn out features, and a very determined chin. He'd got this from Jack. He had a personality very much like Jacks, but behind all the cheekiness and annoyingness, there was a very loving and caring person, he got this from Martha.

Olivia came stomping down the stairs. She had brown, curly hair, like Marthas. Her brown eyes and determined chin and annoying and cheeky personality was all very much like Orlando, and that was the only things the two had in common. But Olivia was very smart and empathetic. She got this from both Jack and Martha.

'Mum,' Orlando said 'Why am I called Orlando? It's Italian, isn't it? Am I adopted from Italy!'

Martha sighed

'Yes, it is Italian, no, you're not adopted from Italy, and you are called Orlando cecause it rmemnded me of Orlando Bloom and becasue your Uncle Lucas decided it, actually, he came up with both you're names'

'Gee, thanks Uncle Lucas' Orlando said sarcastically

Lucas smiled

Orlando turned back to Martha

'You say it remends you of Orlando bloom, are you saying that I look old and wrinkly?'

'No, Orlando Bloom was hot back in my day'

'Mum, please don't try and sound cool and say "hot", it just doesn't work!' Olivia conplained

Martha sighed

'I can't believe you guys are growing up so fast, you're nearly 15!' Mattie exclaimed

'Please don't get all soppy on us, Mum already cried on our first day of high school' Orlando rolled his eyes as he remembered

Olivia smirked 'You're only annoyed at Mum because she cried infront of Sally Parkinson!' Olivia squealed in laughter as Orlando went red

'Was not' He argued, looking mortified

'Was too! Apparently she likes you too, I heard her best friend Kaitlin talking about it'

'Really?' Orlando said, then turnt bright red

Olivia started cackling

'Oh my gosh!! I have some new gossip!'

'No, Mum! Tell her not to tell anyone'

'Don't tease your brother'

Olivia kept laughing

Suddenly, Lucas said quietly to Mattie

'I need to talk to you'

They excused themselves from the conversation and went into a small room that Jack and Martha used for storage.

'What is it Lucas?' Mattie asked

Lucas shifted painfully around the boxes

'Mattie,' Lucas said

He sounded scared, and that's what got Mattie scared

'What is it?' She whispered

'Mattie, the dreams have started again.'

THE END

I decided to leave it there becuase I liked the ending

Thankyou for your support through this fic I really really really appreciate it!!!

I've got ideas for 2 more fics so yeh, you might see them around soon!!!

I would appreciate any feedback from this fic so write it!!!

:) :) :)

Comments

Archived