Another Neighbours returnee!

Guest simmins

TV week is also reporting that Benjamin McNair (AKA Mal Kennedy) will be returning to Ramsay Street to reprise his role... :rolleyes:

The last time he played Mal was back in 2004 when Izzy and Karl were together, and in 2005 during Neighbours 20th Anniversary celebrations!

Neighbours is getting back on track!

23rd July people!

I'm never too keen on bringing characters back to a show, especially for the reasons here, which are attempts to boost the shows ratings than usually anything storyline-wise.

Yes, a few have worked, but I don't think throwing characters from a more successful time will make the show better, the problems recently are deeper than that.

As much as i loved Mal and Libby i think their time on the show is over. The Kennedy kids are too old to still be living at home with Mom and Dad and the Kinski brats. I hope if they are returning it's just for guest roles as i don't think they'd fit in as well anymore.

^Aw :(

I loved the Kennedy's. The more the merrier I say :D. Now if we could just get all the Timinses together, and that delightful Fox boy - and Izzy - I'd be all set.

Joel and Lance can come back too. And Connor, of course... Did we ever officially find out what happened to Connor?

Good I’m glad he’s back, but to be honest Mal was never really a hugely popular character, so I think they are having him return to get back more Kennedy’s plus it will make perfect sense following the up-coming Susan storyline…the actors all have really great on-screen chemistry too, so whilst it will probably boost ratings, I don’t think the current changes are solely based on that fact, I think they are genuinely writing a good show and have the ideas the viewers want to see.

I’m starting to sound a little like a broken record, but the way Neighbours is currently I cant believe I went off it last year…well I can, the Timmins and boring storylines…but in regards to characters, they are most of the time so well written, the show features real good strong character-development, a great sense of continuity, characters that are individually written with thought gone into the dialogue and direction of each character, plus we get loads of light hearted, yet meaningful scenes often between two characters, just talking about how they feel AND nice comedic and touching moments…great teen characters that are engaging and you can relate too...etc etc, basically a show I enjoy, and it sounds like its just going to get better as the year roles on!...

I’m looking forward to how all the Kennedy’s interact again, and with this Susan storyline coming up! The writers treat Karl and Susan as characters with such great respect and I don’t see that they are ever background characters, I'm sure Mal's return will be great!

As long as neither of their relationships are breaking up, I'm happy. It would also be great to Billy and Anne, especially now that

Jesse Spencer is getting sacked from House.

He is? Why?! :o

I agree with what others have said about it being best for Mal and Libby to return as guest stars. If that's the case, I'm over the moon with this news! I do hope Mal has gone back to his old self though, rather than the creep he was when he returned before.

As long as neither of their relationships are breaking up, I'm happy. It would also be great to Billy and Anne, especially now that

Jesse Spencer is getting sacked from House.

He is? Why?! :o

Sorry forget I said that, he will be back next year. But

in the season finale Foreman resigns after House sabotages an interview with another hospital, Chase is fired when he doesn't make an effort to convince him to stay, and then Cameron resigns because she's learnt enough from him. But it's been reported that they will all be back.

Archived