Murder, The Stalker and Me

Guest Reo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks both :D

And Thanks, I tried to put more emotion and description into that chapter.

Still havent decided what to do with Amanda yet :P I'll think of something though,after all Zoe did kill her lover..

But while I was writting it I realized that Irene was alone in the house and it didn't make too much sense with a stalker about.

Pippa will find out who Joe is related to and while they are talking about it the person walks in and overhears..But Pippa being Pippa she calms everyone down..

And Hugh will not be in it :P

He has only been in the Uk about a week and I don't really like him..

The next chapter should have JM and the Teens plus the cops because of something Zoe has done..Although it depends how much I write and how long the chapter is..So it maybe the next 2 chapters.

Then I have to put Tony in the story because he would of been the only person I haven't included :P

Joe arrived back at the flat, he expected something else or someone else to take his attention away from being able to relax, but it never came. He walked to the fridge, opening it and taking the only thing that was in there, a single bottle of beer. Wiping the cold bottle across his forehead and neck, he took the lid off the bottle and took a mouthful, Joe turned and looked at all the boxes that covered the floor and table, still packed and they would stay that way for awhile. He sighed before walking straight past them and into the bedroom. He put the bottle down on the windowsill and then took of his shirt dropping it onto the floor. He picked the bottle back up and looked out the window. It was a typical sunny day in Summer Bay, he heard the faint laughing and chatting of the people below sitting outside the Diner, people coming up from the beach and even those near the water shouting and screaming while running in and out of the water or playing games. Joe noticed Jack and Martha walk past, Martha was giggling and she playfully pushed Jack who just laughed.

Joe pulled down the blinds, the room became dark apart from a small beam of light that came from the side of the blind and a line across the bed. Joe walked to the bed and put the bottle on the bedside table and faced away from the bed. He closed his eyes and fell back onto the bed with his arms out to the side. He bounced when he hit the mattress before settling down. The sunlight now shined across his tanned naked chest, still with his eyes closed Joe moved around his arm across the bedside table, feeling for the bottle which he nearly knocked over. He picked it up, titled his head up to take another mouthful but more fell down his shoulders, back and chest than what went into his mouth. But Joe didn't move, he was exhausted.

---

Belle opened the gate and walked through, everything and everyone was the same as when she had left. Everyone quiet, not making a sound. Amanda was still sat outside with the wineglass in her hand but the bottle by her side had less in there than when Belle had left. She walked past not speaking, knowing that she wouldn't get a answer. Leah was in the kitchen and she turned when she heard someone behind.

'Hey. You get the cake?' Leah asked.

'Oh, er, no. Actually I went to Irene's place' Belle said looking into the next room and noticing that Drew hadn't moved at all. Jules was sitting on the floor entertaining Ryan and VJ.

'How is she?'

'She's alone. I asked her if Amanda and I could move in there. Not that it hasn't been good staying here. It's just Irene is alone and this place is packed with people, you need your space' Belle tried to explain without upsetting Leah on why she was going to leave.

'It's okay, the house is full and I think Irene would love to have people in the house' Leah said easing Belle's nerves.

'I'll go and ask, tell Amanda', Belle told Leah correcting herself, knowing that Amanda doesn't care where she lived and if it was up to her she would just sit where she was and only moving to get more alcohol.

---

Jack laid the blanket down on the ground, Martha sat down as Jack knelt next to the basket, opening it and taking out two glasses followed by a bottle of white wine. He handed the glasses over to a smiling Martha and held the bottle in one hand while looking into the basket for the corkscrew. Jack took out the plates of food Colleen had made up for him but was unable to find the corkscrew, Martha guess it when Jack sighed.

'Well, I guess we could just--' Martha didn't know what to say, she just laughed.

'I'm sure I packed it' Jack defended himself.

'We still have all the food' Martha said putting the glasses down and opening up the sandwich box and taking a bite from one of the sandwiches.

'I got water aswell, I guess we could have that' Jack said pulling out the bottle of water and opening it.

'Lucky water bottles don't have corks then isn't it' Martha said poking fun at Jack and picking up the glasses again.

---

Jules continued to play with Ryan and VJ while Drew just sat there, not speaking not moving. Jules put down the toy car he was holding and looked up to Drew.

'You want to go to the beach Drew?' Jules asked him just as Leah walked in from the kitchen.

'That's a good idea, get some fresh air. Take Belle with you, it will be good for you all to get out of this house' Leah said trying to get everything back to some normality.

'I'm not in the mood', came Drew's simple reply and the only words he had spoken that afternoon.

Belle walked in from the bedroom after packing her stuff, she had overheard Drew's idea and was keen to get Drew out of the house, maybe it will get him talking. She walked over and sat down next to him and held his hand, she squeezed it but Drew didn't respond.

'Come on Drew. We're going out' Belle spoke softly to him and wasn't asking him, but telling him.

Drew turned and looked at her and then at Jules and Leah who were standing by the table. Drew sighed and got up, still holding onto Belle's hand he gently pulled her up.

---

Matilda and Ric held hands and walked down the beach followed by Lucas and Cassie. The friends were scared to leave their houses with everything that was happening to their friends and family, but neither they or their families wanted them to leave in fear. Tony had told Lucas and Matilda to phone him every hour on the hour and to only go to the beach. Sally was in the Diner with Brad and had told Ric and Cassie to not leave the beach and tell her if they were going to go home. Everyone were now keeping a eye on their loved ones, but tried to let them live their life like they did before Zoe came back to the Bay.

'Hey, is that Drew?' Luc asked pointing to three people walking down onto the beach.

'Yeah, I think so. That's Jules, so it must be Drew and Belle with him' Cassie answered.

'I'm glad Drew is out of the house, Belle has said he has been so quiet since Peter died. He barely speaks or gets up from the sofa'. Matilda said gripping tighter onto Ric's hand for comfort.

'Drew!' Ric shouted up to them.

Jules raised his hand and waved, but Drew didn't answer. He continued to walk down to the beach holding onto Belle's hand who never once let go.

The teens sat down on the beach and no-one spoke, no-one knew what to say. Drew made it clear he didn't want to hear people say sorry or ask how he was. But they felt like they couldn't talk about normal things anymore. School, work, relationships, television, music, gossip. It was all so trivial compared to someone's death, someone losing their father. Everyone sat their in silence for some time, the only communication they had were with their eyes, the looks they gave each other and Ric and Matilda and Drew and Belle squeezing each other's hands. Drew lifted his head to look at the others, still silent, he sighed. Finally someone spoke.

'You guys can talk, you know'. Drew said surprising everyone.

'Yeah, we know. We just, well, you know' Luc said not knowing what he was trying to say.

'Says Mr. English-I'm going to be a writer- Holden' Jules joked.

People smirked and everyone tried to stifle their laughter, everyone but Drew, who chuckled, which led the others in laughing. Belle leaned over and kissed Drew on the cheek, who turned and smiled at her.

'So, what do you say we get a fire going then?' Jules said clapping his hands together to try and get some order going.

'Mr English? Want to help get some wood?' Jules smirked looking at Luc.

'Very funny' Luc said standing up, pushing over Jules who was also trying to get up.

'I'll give you guys a hand' Cassie said as she stood up.

---

Jack quickly stole the last sandwich off the plate that Martha was reaching for, he put it in his mouth and smirked at Martha who looked shocked.

'Snooze you lose' Jack mumbled with a mouth full of bread.

'Some gentleman you are, Jack Holden' Martha said pushing him playfully.

'Ow!' Jack joked like he was in pain.

'And some woman you are Martha Holden'.

They both laughed and Jack quickly leaned forward to get the last biscuit on the plate that Martha was reaching for. Martha saw him and quickly jumped forward, leading them to both fall onto their stomachs laughing. Jack quickly got to his knees and picked up the biscuit.

'Hey!' Martha shouted as she got to her knees and tried to grab the biscuit which had now turned to crumbs.

'Look what you have done to the biscuit' Jack shouted.

'Me? I think it was you' Martha laughed.

'You can't blame me, I saw you do it' Jack joked.

Martha lost her balance as she was leaning over Jack and fell on top of him causing him to fall back and Martha to fall on top of him. They both laughed and stared at each other. Martha looking into his eyes and Jack looking at Martha's beautiful smile. Martha looked to the side and screamed, jumping up to her feet and putting her hand over her mouth. Jack had quickly got up from her reaction and held her shoulders trying to calm her down.

'What's wrong?' Jack asked shocked.

Martha didn't say anything, she just stared at where they were lying and pointed. Jack turned his head and bent down. Jack couldn't believe what he was seeing. Two grey fingers poked out from under the blanket. Open mouthed Jack pulled away the blanket to reveal a severed hand. Jack looked back at Martha who was still in shock. He looked back at the hand and took out his mobile.

Anyone enjoying it? I see alot of views, be good to read other comments or to just know that there are more people enjoying it apart from those few that post after every chapter..And I appreciate it,glad I have my regulars who comment :D Just would love more comments.

Anyone enjoying it? I see alot of views, be good to read other comments or to just know that there are more people enjoying it apart from those few that post after every chapter..And I appreciate it,glad I have my regulars who comment :D Just would love more comments.

I feel hurt by that, Im enjoying this fic very much :lol: (Just joking, about the hurt bit..) I loved this chapter, Jack and Martha.... I hate them but not in this fic, Jules so funny :wub: poor Luc, that what he gets for being a writer. Glad to see Drew at least acting happy.

:o

'I'll give you guys a hand' Cassie said as she stood up.

No you can't of killed Cassie already! either that or I feel its Amanda...

more soon

Thanks Zoe/Kelli :D

lol That's why I included...

apart from those few that post after every chapter..And I appreciate it,glad I have my regulars who comment :D

Never forget the 'loyal' fans :P

Glad you liked it..I felt it was alittle hard for me to write JM stuff..They needed to be there and I needed to write some happy stuff before they found the hand..But I just found it hard to write for them together..

I love Jules :wub:

I'm not going to say who it is..But I think those who have read my other fics will know who will probably die in this one lol

But that 'Cassie Hand' quote I only realized what I wrote after I started writing the paragraph after lol..It was not planned,it was a coincidence :P

mmm, ponders back to Reo's past stories...

You've killed a lot of characters in all your stories :lol: oh well Im too lazy to try and think, I'll just sit and wait for an update

-tiddle thumbs-

And I did notice your comment about your loyal readers, I really did... :ph34r:

lol

Well at the moment I have only decided on 1 main characters death,but am thinking of others..I just don't want it to turn into a bloodfest :P

Course you did *pats you on the head* here have a cookie *hands you a cookie* :D

'So much for relaxing' Lara said as Joe opened the door and got out looking at all the police cars that got their before him.

'Yeah, I know. Got about a hour though' Joe laughed.

'So, it's just a hand?' Joe asked as he and Lara walked towards the other police officers and Martha who was still in shock and being held by Jack.

'Yeah, Jack and Martha were on a picnic and didn't see it until they had settled down. Shocked Martha quite abit'. Lara confirmed.

They approached the blanket and Joe looked down at the hand that laid there. Joe looked back up.

'Jack, take Martha home and then come back. We needed to search the area. The person may still be alive or we may find other evidence in the grass'.

----

Jules dropped some wood next to Drew who was now more relaxed and was smiling, even though he felt bad after he did he couldn't help but smile again when he looked at Belle or someone made a joke.

'It wont last long' Jules noted as he sat down and added some more wood to the small fire that was made.

'That's alright, we can get more later' Drew spoke again.

'Did you see Joe Alexander run out of the flat and drive off fast? I wonder what's going on, I hope no-one else has been--' Cassie began to say before she remembered Drew.

Everyone looked at each other.

'I hope they are okay' Mattie said holding onto Ric's arm tighter.

----

Martha opened the door and Jack followed her in. Martha walked into the kitchen past Sally and Brad who were sitting on the sofa, they had turned around when they had entered but had no spoken. Martha took a glass and got herself a glass of water, she took a mouthful before putting it down and rest herself against the sink, looking out the window.

'Is everything okay?' Sally asked getting up, sensing that something was wrong.

'We found--'.

'A hand' Martha finished Jack's sentence.

'A hand?' Brad asked thinking that he had misheard.

'Yeah, a severed hand. They are searching the area now. I have to get back. Are you going to be okay?' Jack asked as he leaned in closer to Martha, Martha moved away unable to feel comfortable with him or anyone else.

Martha didn't answer, Jack looked at Sally.

'We'll look after her' Sally said moving closer to Martha and nodded at Jack letting him know it was okay for him to leave.

----

Jack got the call to go back to the station instead of the picnic area. He entered the station to see more police officers had been called in. Joe was in the middle of them briefing them on what was going to happen. He turned to notice Jack walking in.

'Martha alright?' Joe asked him over the crowd of people.

'She is a little shook up, Sally and Brad are with her though'.

'Okay, well we had a look around the area and didn't find a body. We have to assume that the person is still alive, they are losing blood and need to be found fast. The picnic area has been taped off and is garden, we have some people looking for evidence but we need the majority of people to be searching for our missing person. Check the board to see which team you are in and where to search, keep in contact with the station'. Joe announced to the group and pointed to the board before walking away and picking up a ringing phone.

Joe silently put the phone down and watched as people walked to the board, spoke to others and were about to leave.

'Wait!' Joe shouted getting everyone's attention.

'We found out who's hand that was' Joe paused getting ready to say what everyone knew was bad news.

'It's Ian Jenkins, Constable Ian Jenkins'.

Everyone stood their silent, some with their heads down and others with their heads up, all silent and wishing that he was okay and then hoping the information was wrong.

'Nothing changes, we are still searching for alive but injured person. Stay in contact with the station. No-one leaves their team'.

People starting to leave, the noise of them hurrying out of the station nearly drowned their worried and angry talking. Joe turned and looked at a board that was put up with information of Zoe, Lara walked over to him.

'Are you okay?' she asked him concerned.

'Shouldn't you be going?' Joe said turning to look at her. Not wanting to speak about the possibility that another police officer was dead, that Zoe had gotten one over then again.

Lara nodded and walked out.

----

Tony leaned against the counter in the Diner talking to Alf and Pippa who were sat down at a table.

'I saw Joe quickly leaving the flat earlier. Anyone know what's going on? I haven't been able to get in contact with Jack'.

'I don't know, just saw him rush out. Hope everyone is okay'.

Luc and Ric walked into the Diner and up to the counter.

'What can I get you guys?' Irene asked.

'Can I get 5 orange juices and 2 cokes Irene' Ric asked.

'Not all for you I hope' Pippa joked.

'Nah we are all done at the beach, trying to cheer up Drew' Luc said.

'Is it working?' Tony asked.

'He's talking again' Ric said talking some of the bottle from Irene.

'That's good'.

'Do you know why Joe ran out of the flat earlier? Has some happened?' Ric asked them what everyone wanted to know.

'No idea'. Alf said.

Ric handed Luc some of the bottles and then paid Irene. They headed out of the door when Tony stopped Luc.

'Have you got your phone?' he asked.

'Yeah, I got it'. Luc answered.

'Let me know when you leave the beach, don't go anywhere else without telling me'.

Luc nodded and left.

----

Drew and Jules had gone off to find more wood. Jules picked up some wood and dropped it into a pile that they had already collected. Drew noticed a bigger piece of wood and called Jules over to help move it. Drew put his hand on part of the wood and Jules put it on another, they tired to pull it up but it was being held down by another piece. Jules walked forward and pushed it out of the way with his foot. He noticed something shine from under the tall grass. Jules bent down and streatched out his hand moving away the grass, he jumped back scaring Drew as he did. Jules didn't speak but he quickly got out his phone and called the police. Drew walked forward and noticed a body laid in the grass.

Archived