It's My Life

Guest HeavenForbid

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 4

Mattie went home. She wanted to be on her own for a while. Ric didn’t know how she felt. Yes, she loved him. But was their relationship going to work out or not? She had no idea. Her phone rang. It was Belle. Mattie answered and could here loud music coming for the background

“What are you up to?” Belle asked

“Just in my house. Thinking about Ric and stuff” Mattie replied

“Sounds like you need a night out” Belle laughed

“Hell yeah!” Mattie laughed

“Well, I am at a deadly party. Want to come?” Belle offered

“Nah, I don’t think so. Not my scene” Mattie responded

“Come on!. It will be fun. Have a few beers. Don’t think about Ric and just have fun” Belle said

“Ok, I will be there in a while. Where is it?” Mattie asked

“Park Lane. You will know which house. The music is that loud” Belle laughed

“Ok, well, see you later on then.” Mattie said and hung up

She went and got shower. It was 9pm and she was ready to go out. Lucas and Rocco came in the door as she was about to leave.

“Heya guys” Mattie smiled

“Hey. Where you off to?” Lucas asked

“Party” Mattie smirked

“Who’s?” Rocco asked

“Someone on Park Lane” Mattie answered

“Ah cool. Maybe we should check it out?” Rocco suggested

“Well, I am not to bothered. Why not” Lucas laughed

“Right, well hurry up and I will wait for you” Mattie replied

Lucas went to his room. Rocco and Mattie sat down

“You not going to get ready?” Mattie asked

“Nah, cant be bothered. Too lazy” Rocco laughed

“So how was your surf lesson?” Mattie asked

“Good. Luc, says I will be an expert in a few weeks.” Rocco said

“Ah, cool” Mattie grinned and stared at Rocco

“Why you looking at me like that?” Rocco asked

“No reason” Mattie smiled

“Seriously, why you staring at me like that?” Rocco asked getting frustrated

“Ok, I have been wondering. . . How long you have like Luc for?” Mattie asked

“What! I don’t!” Rocco said standing up

“Ok! Ok! I guess I was misreading the signs” Mattie said

Rocco sat down. Why was he denying how he really felt? It didn’t make sense. He knew he liked Lucas. Or at least, he knew someone was there. He had never been in a relationship with a guy before and didn’t know what to do. Being gay and coming from where he lived just was not accepted. It was horrible that people’s sexuality just was not accepted by some. Rocco knew that his friends would support him and he liked that. He turned and looked at Mattie.

“You are right, Mattie. I do like him and I have for so long now.”

Mattie smiled “Aww, why not tell him that then?” Mattie asked

“I cant! He is not gay! He doesn’t like me the way I like him” Rocco explained

“I wouldn’t be to sure about that, Rocco” Mattie said

“What do you mean?” Rocco asked

“Well, I live with Lucas. I have never seen him with a girlfriend before. -”

“That doesn’t mean he is gay!” Rocco snapped

“I know. I know. But, I always kind of thought maybe he did sort of like you. Just some things that he has done around you and stuff” Mattie replied

“Like what?” Rocco asked curiously

“I have noticed him flirting with you a bit. When we go to the beach and stuff” Mattie said

At the moment, Lucas was in. He was wearing jeans and a smart looking black shirt. He looked very nice. All three smiled and headed off to the party.

Belle, Emma and Drew were all dancing when Lucas, Rocco and Mattie arrived at the party. Belle walked over to them.

“Hey guys! Come on! Grab a drink or five” a drunken Belle laughed

“How many have you had?” Mattie asked concerned

“I don’t know. I think I have like 6 or 7 cans and a few shots of vodka” Belle laughed

“Oh my god!” Mattie replied worried

Lucas and Rocco walked out to the kitchen to get a drink. Belle started to fall over. Mattie grabbed her and sat her on a chair

“I don’t think you should drink anymore” Mattie said to Belle

“No! I want one more! That is all. . . I promise” Belle smirked

“No, Belle. You have had way too much” Mattie said seriously

Belle looked around. “Where is Ric? Did he not want to come or something?”

“We had a row. Again. I just don’t know what to do about it” Mattie said starting to cry

“Aww, Mattie. Come here!” Belle said and hugged Mattie. “Why not have a few drinks tonight and forget about you worries and then tomorrow we can sort this out”

“Yeah, ok. I will have one or two” Mattie smiled and wiped away her tears

“Great. DREW!” Belle shouted.

Drew was dancing with Emma. He looked over at Mattie and Belle and started to walk over.

“Who is that girl with Drew?” Mattie asked

“Oh, that is Emma. This is her house” Belle smiled

“Ye, babes” Drew said

“Get Mattie here a can” Bell smirked

“Sure. Be right back” Drew replied and walked off

“Oh my god! You have him so wipped!” Mattie laughed

“Well, that is the way to have it, isn’t it” Belle grinned

“Defiantly Mattie laughed

Drew came back. Mattie began to drink the can. Within two hours, she had lost count of how many drinks she had. She stood up but fell over. Someone came over. He picked Mattie up.

“You ok?” he asked

“Ye – Yes. I just need to lie down” Mattie said holding her hands

“Ok. Come on then” he replied and helped Mattie upstairs

He walked her down the hallway where she was having difficulty walking

“Had a few to many did we?” the guy laughed

“I think so” Mattie said

“Ok, in here” he replied and walked Mattie into the room and lay her on the bed.

“Thanks so much” Mattie smiled

“No problem.” The guy smile back

Mattie leaned in and kissed the guy. She didn’t know what she was doing. Within minutes, her and his clothes were on the floor and they were making love on the bed.

Chapter 5

The sun had risen by 6am. It was a beautiful summer morning. People were flocking to the beach to catch some sun rays. Mattie stirred. She sat up and looked around. This wasn’t her room. Where was she? The last thing she remembered was arriving at the party and Drew getting her a drink. After that, everything seemed to be a blur. She knew something happened as she only had her underwear on. She walked down the stairs and saw Drew and Belle asleep on the sofa. There were people asleep all over the place. Mattie ran out of the house. She went over to the cliffs and started to sob. She heard voices. Whoever it was they were happy and laughing. Mattie turned around to see Lucas and Rocco. The both ran over to Mattie.

“Are you ok?” Lucas asked putting his arm around her

“No” Mattie sobbed

“What’s happened?” Rocco asked

“Ever since Cassie died, everything has been a mess. I mean, Ric is always starting fights whenever he sees Macca, we are having problem because I don’t like him when he is angry. It scares me” Mattie explained “And to add to all of this – I can’t remember anything that happened last night”

Rocco looked at Lucas.

“What do you mean?” Rocco asked

“Well, I woke up this morning in my underwear. I don’t know what happened” Mattie replied

“What about Ric? What the hell?” Lucas said rising his voice

“I know! I was drunk!” Mattie sobbed

“Luc, don’t shout at her. She made a mistake and she knows it” Rocco said

“What are you going to?” Lucas asked

“I don’t know! I don’t even know what happened!” Mattie responded

“Well in all fairness, I think you know what happened and just don’t want to admit it” Lucas said

“Who was it with?” Rocco asked

“I don’t know. I remember someone walking me up the stairs but I don’t know who he was” Mattie said

“You have to talk to Ric about what happened” Lucas said

“I can’t! I can’t do that and you both have to promise not to tell him” Mattie said

“Mattie -” Lucas started

“Luc, please! I will tell him if I feel he needs to know. It was a mistake” Mattie begged

“Ok” Lucas said rolling his eyes “I won’t say anything”

“Neither will I” Rocco smiled

“Thanks guys” Mattie smiled

She looked at Rocco and Lucas who were looking at each other and smiled. Were they together?

“Shall we tell her? I think we can trust her” Lucas said

“Yea, why not” Rocco smiled and grabbed Lucas’ hand

“Oh my god!” Mattie jumped up “Are you together?”

“Yes, but we don’t want a lot of people to know as well you know some of the people in this community and what they are like” Rocco explained

“I won’t tell a sole” Mattie grinned

Drew and Belle both woke up at the same time. Belle went into the kitchen and got a glass of water for herself and Drew. When she walked back into the room Drew was laughing with Emma and two other people who she didn’t know.

“Oh, hi Belle” Emma laughed “This is my cousin Lilly”

“Hey” Belle smiled at Lilly

“This is Jules. A mate from my old school” Drew smiled

“Hey. Nice you meet you.” Belle paused “Both of you”

“And you Belle” Lilly replied

Belle sat down beside Drew and listened to there conversation. She didn’t know Lilly or Jules and had only met Emma last night. Belle watched closely at Emma. She had an idea from last night that she may have a thing for Drew. It seemed like that she was flirting with Drew. Drew turned around

“You alright?” Drew asked

“Yeah, I am. I actually better go. My mum will be wondering where I am” Belle smiled and stood up

“Ok, well I will go with you then” Drew smiled

“No, its ok. You can stay if you want to” Belle replied

“Nah, I better go home and arrange something with Dan and Leah and Jules now here” Drew answered

“Can I talk to you for a second in the kitchen please” Belle asked

Drew walked behind Belle and into the kitchen

“What the hell is going on, Drew? When did Jules get here?” Belle asked

“He rang me this morning saying he was coming into town to see me and I gave him this address. He arrived when you were in the kitchen. He will only be here for a while.” Drew explained

“Yeah, if Leah and Dan allow him” Belle replied

“What is your problem?” Drew asked annoyed

“And what do you mean by that?” Belle snarled

“You seem in a very bitchy mood this morning” Drew responded

“That is because I was so drunk last night, I have a bad hangover. This morning, I wake thinking I am going to get sick everywhere. A random friend of yours turns up and I have to watch Emma flirt her ass of with you and you don’t do anything about it” Belle snapped

“Hey! What the hell? She was not flirting with me, Belle” Drew said grabbing Belle hands

“Maybe you should look again Drew. I have to go. See you later” Belle said and walked out the back door

Drew walked back into the sitting room and sat in silence for a while Emma, Lilly and Jules chatted. After a few hours, most people had left. Drew decided he better go home and talk to Dan and Leah about Jules staying.

Ric walked down the stairs after waking up to shouting. He went down the stairs to find Sally and Brad having a full on fight.

“I am trying my f*cking hardest here!” Sally yelled at Brad

“No! No, you are not! You sleep all day long. Don’t do anything around the house anymore. Don’t even look after Pippa.” Brad shouted

“Don’t you dare say I don’t look after my daughter because I do!” Sally screamed

“Sally, Cassie is gone and she will not be coming back. You have to get over it” Brad said trying to calm down.

“You have never lost a daughter!” Sally said and started to sob

Sally grabbed a glass and though it across the room and nearly hit Brad’s face. She went to walk back up, but as she turned to see Ric standing there with tears rolling down his face. Sally stared at him and walked past him. Ric couldn’t believe it. It had been 3 weeks since Cassie’s death and Sally was still so upset. He had never seen Sally like this. He walked into the kitchen where Brad was cleaning up the glass

“I will do that” Ric smiled

“No, Ric. It is ok. Seriously I can do it” Brad replied quietly

“Are you okay?” Ric asked

“Yeah, still hanging in here” Brad smiled “And I have no idea for how longer I can do it for”

“What do you mean?” Ric asked

“I am considering leaving Sally, Ric” Brad replied and stood up and walked out to door

Ric was shocked. His whole world was falling apart. First, Cassie’s dies. Then Mattie and he start having relationship problems and now Brad and Sally’s marriage is on the rocks. Ric’s world wasn’t the only one that was changing. Belle was full of jealously over Emma’s flirting with Drew. She didn’t want to lose Drew and wasn’t going to give up on him. Mattie was devastated over her cheating with some guy who she still didn’t know who it was. This was only the beginning of everyone’s problems and things were all going to get tricky and more complicated

Preview: Mattie is devastated as she receives some shocking news and finds comfort with the most unlikely person

Archived