Lucas hate thread

Guest Mistified

I agree that lucas has some faults in his character and can be extremely annoying especially when things dont go his way... i think that has more to do with him not being able to express himself... therefore leading to him being a little rebellious and lashing out at the people closest to him!

But one thing is for sure his character as a whole is not that bad and atleast there are layers to him... even though he can blow hot and cold and go from sensitive and caring to selfish and rebellious at the drop of a hat. I still dont mind watching him... and you can definitely not compare him to the most annoying, pathetic and useless plank that was Scott Hunter! Please give him some credit... no one could be as pathetic as scott... well maybe brad :lol:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally i can't see any difference between him and Scott. They are both the boring ones in their group of friends, their both the apples of their respective parents eyes, both of their personalities revolve around being moody, whiney and self centred, they both treat the girls they are with like they should be grateful to have them, when in reality it's the other way around and they both serve no purpose whatsoever. I could n't stand Scott so to have his little mini me hanging around is annoying. Same with Belle (Gypsy mini me).

Jack is Tony's favourite, so I don't know where you're getting that from. When Jack lied about his hearing to stay on the force, Tony was more angry at Lucas for covering for Jack, rather than at Jack for doing the wrong thing AND putting Luc in that position. How does that work??

When Tony lost control of his "antichrist" son (as Lucas put it), he sent in Jack, the good son, to set an example of what a good little boy should do, ie, listen to daddy.

I don't know if Scott ever dared to disagree with Beth. He had a go at her over Lisa and Amanda - chicks that were using him, and who he never seemed to act like he was God's gift to... but anyway, he did go crying to Beth at the first sign of trouble, very apologetic that he should ever question his all-knowing mumsy.

I also don't know how Lucas has acted as God's gift to women... possibly with Naomi, but that's obviously a defence mechanism. We never saw them when they were actually in a relationship, so it's hard to know how he acted towards her before she dumped him, leading him to be petty and spiteful.

... Well, I think I'm in the aftermath of a sugar rush right now so I can't really explain myself that well. Just know that I whole-heartedly disagree with everything that's been said in this thread, and if anyone has any thought-out reasons as to why they hate Lucas - and I'm sure I could think of some that have actually got some truth to them, if I really really tried - I'd be happy to hear them :)

OK so you don't see the similarities between them (I do). Lucas is a brat. He may not have been spoilt but he's used to getting his own way as far as Tony's concerned and if he doesn't he throws the biggest tantrums and therefore treats everyone around him appallingly He treated Matilda terribly during their break up. Yes he was hurting and lashed out but the way he acted as if everyone should just let him get away with acting like a thuggish little creep because he was upset was just out of order. And he never seemed that sorry for his behaviour either, like the explanation (which was so weak and unbelieveable) was all that was needed. Tony needs to be stricter, but Lucas has to learn that because he's upset doesn't give him the right to hurt everyone around him until he feels they deserve his forgiveness. He likes to wollow in his own self pity.

Yeah, sorry... I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't even be in here, and it's stupid to get upset over things posted in an anti-appreciation thread - I mean that's what they're for, right :P?

I'm just in love with Lucas and getting overprotective over him, lol. Dani's my most hated character, but having said that, I wouldn't be able to give you a play by play list of all the things she's done to make me feel that way... it's unfair to expect you to be able to do the same about Luc. Sorry, I'll leave you guys to your being mean :P

Ahhh...a thread after my own heart....

Have you all noticed how Rhys Wakefield has only one facial expression (a sort of twisted, weird frowny look) that he uses to convey every emotion he has to portray. He is cringe-worthily bad. His safe, pretty boy, unthreatening looks are all that keep him going.

My main beef with the character is taht their seems to be absolutely nothing to him. He is either a wet blanket or a moody, annoying stereotypical teeen. As others have pointed out, there is no consisitency to his character. As yes, his relationships with both Matilda and Belle were completely and utterly unconvincing, to the point of cringe-making. I can't believe he actually dated Indiana Evans. Where on Earth was the chemistry. She had more with Henry, for goodness sake.

• 2 weeks later...

Jack is Tony's favourite, so I don't know where you're getting that from. When Jack lied about his hearing to stay on the force, Tony was more angry at Lucas for covering for Jack, rather than at Jack for doing the wrong thing AND putting Luc in that position. How does that work??

When Tony lost control of his "antichrist" son (as Lucas put it), he sent in Jack, the good son, to set an example of what a good little boy should do, ie, listen to daddy.

I don't know if Scott ever dared to disagree with Beth. He had a go at her over Lisa and Amanda - chicks that were using him, and who he never seemed to act like he was God's gift to... but anyway, he did go crying to Beth at the first sign of trouble, very apologetic that he should ever question his all-knowing mumsy.

I also don't know how Lucas has acted as God's gift to women... possibly with Naomi, but that's obviously a defence mechanism. We never saw them when they were actually in a relationship, so it's hard to know how he acted towards her before she dumped him, leading him to be petty and spiteful.

... Well, I think I'm in the aftermath of a sugar rush right now so I can't really explain myself that well. Just know that I whole-heartedly disagree with everything that's been said in this thread, and if anyone has any thought-out reasons as to why they hate Lucas - and I'm sure I could think of some that have actually got some truth to them, if I really really tried - I'd be happy to hear them :)

I dont agree with that because Tony loves both his sons both in the same way. I think Lucas is an amazing character.

There's a picture of Rhys from the Simpsons movie premier. He looks so sweet and innocent, smiling broadly and wearing a knitted woollen jumper that looks like it could have been made by his grandma... Does anyone remember when Lucas used to be like this, happy and kind hearted...? His smile used to light up my grey little life... now all I see is a bitter scowl of resentment and mistrust... I don't need that.

Bring back Lucas! :(. It's impossible to write positive fic with this mean-spirited imposter around...

Archived