New Neighbours DVD coming soon

Guest jamie232

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, cool. No idea about the Toadie ep I'm afraid. I presume it'll be from a few weeks after Dee carked it but I don't remember any specific episode where he moved on. I remember him blaming Stuart for weeks and Angie turned up to snap him out of it. Maybe that's what it's referring to. Seems like a bit of a waste of time though.

Yeah, they don't all seem like icons, several of them aren't even in Perfectblend's Magic Moments (including Harold's reappearance). Although I am intrigued by Charlene on beach in bikini and Henry naked.

So does anyone have the DVD yet? It was supposed to come out today.

Apparently they changed the release date to today, Tuesday 18th. Maybe get it this week or next depending on delivery...etc

The only memorable thing I can think of about Dee's death and Toadie 'moving on' is when he wades out to sea crying, and Susan does the same and they both cry together waste deep in the ocean, something like that anyway, saw it once so a bit scratchy.

They should have added Helen’s memorial – it would be a bit messy throwing it in when the death episode was on the Defining Episodes DVD, but its such a great episode imo and very much an ‘end of an era’ it marks the final appearance of Debbie and Rosemary too (before they turned up for the 20th birthday stuff), and there is a really great teary scene between Hannah, Debbie and Rosemary in the middle of the night as regards to Helen’s death.

Got mine yesterday, some great episodes on there.

There are some strange 'quality' conversions, but cant complain with the price for how many episodes are on there, however I'm not impressed by the sound, the 1st and 2nd DVD's are in mono, apart from episodes 1520's first segment, just think its a bit flippant for them to not make sure they converted the sound in surround stereo too.

Watching these episodes again though is so great, I cant believe how cringe the 'Lim Family' were.!

Yeah, but I think I've seen worse actors, and I imagine their episodes involving Julie were far worse, they seemed to get on well with Lou and Doug.

My favorites in the set were Ben's car crash, the Waterhole explosion, and the arrival of the Scullys. I suppose Harold's disappearance would have been better if we didn't know that he came back. One of the best performances on the DVD was probably Guy Pierce as Mike on Episode 1000.

However, I predict that most of these will pale in comparison to what's coming in the next set - the Lassitters fire, the murder mystery party, the Millennium Night fire, Harold's reappearance, the cottage fire with Hannah and Beth and Joe in the taxi delivering a baby.

Having rewatched episode 4500, it has got to be the least iconic episode on there, maybe 20% of the episode was even about Toadie and that wasn't anywhere near a major landmark of 2004. What they should have included was Susan's reaction to Karl's news about the baby, two episodes later.

Archived