Misheard Lyrics

Guest Mez83

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

This thread is so funny!!

About that Spice Girl's lyrics, it does sound odd. I don't know why, it just seems, weird and wrong.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you know there's a name for this?

Mondegreen - A series of words that result from the mishearing or misinterpretation of a statement or song lyric. For example, I led the pigeons to the flag for I pledge allegiance to the flag.

For me, I've heard Eskimo Joe's "Black Fingernails Red Wine", there's a line in it which says "All of us stand and point our fingers" but I thought it was "I don't understand the point of fingers". :ph34r:

Urg now this thread brings up bad memories. I was convinced that Grace Kelly was "I could be "down" I could be blue", instead of "I could be "brown" I could be blue. I even had a five pound bet on with my dad.

Even to this day im convinced my version makes more sense though. When someone is down they are feeling blue.... :unsure: maybe?

Oh, I have gotten loads of lyrics wrong! I can't really think of that many now though...

Only two.

The first time I heard "Be like that" by 3 doors down I thought it was a really good song, but I only saw it on American Pie, so I didn't really listen, and when I started listening the song I couldn't understand why the text in a song like that would be "And f***ing be like that". Then I found out it's "If I can be like that" :P

Oh, and my friend and I got the lyrics of Carola's "Fångad av en stormvind" wrong for years! We used to sing ESC songs, but we didn't get the lyrics, cause when Carola sings "Fri, men ändå bunden till en öppen famn" ("Free but still tied to open arms" or somthing like that) we thought she said "Fri, men ändå bunden till en äpple-fan", which doesn't really make sense, but would mean something along the lines of "Free but still tied to an apple-bastard" if you translated it...

EDIT: Oh, and I remember when I was like eleven or something and the blue fish-theme credits still were used on H&A, and at the end credits the guy sings "And I couldn't spend another minute, living my life without you in it" and I thought he was singing "And I couldn't spend another minute, living my life without you, Vinnie" and I didn't think anything of it as Vinnie was still on the show :P

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

Did you know there's a name for this?

Mondegreen - A series of words that result from the mishearing or misinterpretation of a statement or song lyric. For example, I led the pigeons to the flag for I pledge allegiance to the flag.

For me, I've heard Eskimo Joe's "Black Fingernails Red Wine", there's a line in it which says "All of us stand and point our fingers" but I thought it was "I don't understand the point of fingers". :ph34r:

Same!! Me too!

Yeah, the Good Charlotte track 'The River' i thought they said back down to the river, but they actually say baptised at the river. :unsure::P

Haha yeah I thought it was 'bad times in the river'

Wow I haven't been on here in years haha

Archived