Misheard Lyrics

Guest Mez83

When I was younger I'd always sing "What's love Dr Who, Dr Who with it?" instead of "What's love gotta do, gotta do with it." I was adamant that I was right whenever my sister started to make fun... now I look back - how did my version make any sense?

I also called "Time Warp", "Time Walk" for a while. :)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

I thought 'Livin' La Vida Loca' was 'Livin' the three five loca!' What ever a three five loca is.

I'm embarrassed!! :unsure:

Gosh, there are loads of song lyrics I used to get wrong, but I can't actually think of any right now (apart from the ones I deliberately change because it make the song more interesting!)

A famous misheard lyric is from Jimi Hendrix's song 'Puple Haze' - 'Excuse me while I kiss the sky' was believed by many to be 'Excuse me while I kiss this guy'! I never knew Jimi had those tendancies!

I'll have a think and post some of my own soon!

There's a song, I think it's called "If you tolerate this"...

Anyway! I have it on my iPod... but saved as "Track 9" for some reason. And no artist. So... it came up on shuffle, and it being quite a good song, I liked it and kept listening to it. But I was horrified by what I thought the words were...

Instead of "if you tolerate this, then your children will be next"

I thought it was "if you turn a rapist, then your children will be next"

I looked so stupid when I was corrected... :P

It's not a misheard lyric, as such, but I've recently got back into the Spice Girls (yep, I'm just that cool!) and the lyrics of 'Wannabe' puzzle me.

If you wannabe my lover,

You gotta get with my friends

Am I the only one who thinks that's a little weird, or am I missing something blindingly obvious here?

You could argue that The Police were singing 'I feel Sue Lawley' instead of 'I feel so lonely'!

Or that Madonna was singing about Anna Friel in her song Ray of Light:

'Anna Fr-i-el, Anna Fr-i-el'.. it is of course 'an' I fe-e-el'!

Archived