To Feel Safe

Guest nanook

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey every 1 thank you for all the nice feed back this is my 6th chapter enjoy :)

CHAPTER 6

Jack gently pressed his lips against Martha's. They both kissed passionately, until Martha suddenly pulled away.

"I’m sorry; I can’t do this …" Martha began to back away from Jack.

"Martha, what’s wrong?" Jack stepped towards Martha.

"It was a mistake - I can’t do this, not again. I’m so sorry, Jack …" Martha could see the pain in Jack’s eyes.

"You don’t mean that. You were into that kiss just as much as I was, and I know you felt something just like I did!" Jack stared into Martha's eyes.

"Just give us a chance, Martha. How do you know it won’t work if you don’t try? Please, Martha …"Jack didn’t care how desperate he sounded: he had never felt this way before about anyone.

Martha stared into Jack's eyes - she could see the sadness in them. Martha’s heart was breaking again and she wasn't even in a relationship.

Martha stepped towards Jack and took his hand slowly, taking a deep breath.

"When I first arrived here, I made a promise to myself, to never let my heart get broken again. And here I am a few weeks in, and its already breaking." Martha could feel her eyes brimming with tears.

Jack gripped Martha’s shoulders with his hands.

"Well don’t let it. I promise, if you trust me with your heart, I promise I will cherish it. Come on Martha. Don’t let the past ruin your future.”

A tear slowly dripped down Martha’s cheek, and she felt a feeling she had never felt before. A feeling of determination: determination to not let him ruin her whole life. Martha stared into Jacks eyes for a few moments.

"So, where are we going on our second date then?" Martha could feel her hands shaking.

Jack's face lit up: smiling from ear to ear he grabbed Martha around the waist and spun around with her, both laughing. As they stopped, Jack pulled Martha towards him and both kissed passionately. Martha had never felt so happy.

The next morning, Martha couldn't help but prance around with a spring in her step as she made her way down for breakfast.

"Ooh someone’s happy!" Ric laughed. "Would it have something to do with old Jacky-boy?" He loved teasing Martha.

"No …" Martha could tell she was blushing.

"So you two are an item now then?" Sally asked.

"Yes." Martha didn't see any point in lying.

"So, does that mean you’re staying in the Bay then, love?" Alf asked with a smile on his face.

"Well, if you'll have me," Martha smiled.

Alf all but ran towards her.

"Of course we will sweetheart – you’re family." Alf hugged Martha so tight she had to ask him to loosen her so she could breathe!

That afternoon Martha made her way over to Jack’s to tell him her news. As she reached the front door, Martha's phone rang. She answered it: "Hello, hello!"

"Hello babe. Where’ve you been hiding, then?" Martha suddenly dropped the phone and ran.

Jack heard a noise coming from outside, so he made his way to the front door. As he opened it, he was surprised to find there was no one there. Jack went to step back inside, when he stepped on something. As he picked it up he noticed it was Martha’s phone.

‘What’s this doing here?’ Jack wondered, confused.

Martha ran and ran, tears trickling down her face. ‘Not again!’ she thought. ‘Not again..........’

WHAT IS MARTHA RUNNING FROM?

WILL JACK FIND HER?

i WOULD ALSO LIKE TO GIVE THANXS TO ALI FOR PROOF READING FOR ME.

THANX AL :)

CHAPTER 7

Martha ran and ran - she had no idea were she was running to, but she couldn't stop. As she started to get out of breath, she stopped and leaned against a wall.

"Why won't he let me go?" Martha whispered to herself. As soon as Martha got her breath back, she began running again.

"Hey Alf, it's Jack. Have you seen Martha this afternoon?"

Jack had to ring someone: he was begining to get worried.

"Yes she was here, then she said she was going to yours to give you the good news. Why - didn't she turn up?"

"No ... it's strange though, 'cause I found her mobile on the mat outside the front door..." Jack was really worried now.

"She probably remembered somewhere she had to be and left before knocking. I'm sure shes fine," Alf tried to reasure Jack.

"Yeah, but what about her phone?"

"I dont know - maybe she dropped it. Jack, I really wouldn't worry, mate."

It was now evening and Jack still hadn't heard from Martha.

"Hey Jack; aren't you supposed to be at work mate?" Tony asked as he entered the kitchen and noticed Jack.

"Yes im going now - I was just waiting to hear from Martha."

"Oh! So are you guys seeing each other now then?" Tony asked, smiling.

"Yeah, we are, but its strange ... Alf said she was coming over this afternoon, but she never turned up. Only her mobile did, which I found on the mat outside."

"That's strange ... but maybe she just dropped it and had to rush off."

"Yeah, that's what Alf said, but no one's heard from her all night. Dad I'm worried."

Tony made his way towards Jack and placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Look, I'm sure Martha's fine."

"I hope so." Jack grabbed his work jacket and left.

When Martha reached the bus station, it was deserted. The last bus had left 20 minutes ago.

"Damn!" Martha cursed to herself.

There was a bench nearby. Martha lay on it and rested her head. She had been running for hours and had to sit down before her legs gave way.

Martha just kept hearing his voice over and over in her head.

"Hello babe..." She shivered every time she heard it.

Martha woke, startled. There was an elderly man standing in front of her.

"Are you okay, love?" the old guy asked.

"What ... what time is it?"Martha asked, still half asleep.

"It's 10am. Have you been here all night sweetheart?"

"Yes." Martha lifted herself up off the bench - her back was killing her.

"What time does the next bus to the city leave?" Martha asked.

"The next one's in half an hour, I think... Are you sure you're okay?" the old guy asked again.

"I'm fine, thank you," Martha smiled. At least there were still a few gentlemen in the world, Martha thought: then she remembered Jack.

"Look, I have to go - I'm sorry." Martha left the old guy standing there looking puzzled. As she rounded the corner she reached into her pocket.

"What?!" Martha hissed. Her mobile had gone! Then she remembered dropping it at Jack's. Martha slowly slid to the floor.

Jack entered Noah's, where Alf,Ric and Sally approached him.

"Have you heard from her?"Alf asked.

"What? No - why, didn't she come home?" Jack asked, worried.

Ric shook his head.

"No, no one's seen her since yesterday afternoon. I'm getting really worried, Granddad." Ric looked towards Alf.

"When Martha first arrived here, I got the impression she was hiding something ... Maybe that's what this is about?" Sally asked, comforting Alf.

"Yes, I got that impression too." Jack had to admit it - Martha did seem to be hiding something.

"Well sitting around here's not gonna find her, is it?" Alf snapped.

"Look, I'm heading back to the office - I'll get the rest of the guys to keep a look out for her." Jack didn't want to go back to work, but he was no use standing around here.

"Thanks Jack,"Alf shouted as Jack left. "What if she's gone again, Sal?" Alf began to break down.

"Dont be silly, Mr Stewart! Martha said she was staying, and I believe her. She'll be back - I'm sure of it." Sally hoped she was right.

When Alf, Sally and Ric got back to the caravan park, they were surprised to see a young man standing in their front room.

"Oh guys, you're back!" Cassie came towards them "Any word yet?"

"No, not yet ... Who's this?" Sally gestured towards the young guy.

"Oh, sorry - this is Paul. He wants a caravan for a few days." Cassie smiled towards the gentleman.

"Of course; I'll sort it out for you," Sally offered.

"I can easily try somewhere else if you're busy," the young guy offered.

"No, don't be silly - we have plenty space. I'll show you to your caravan." Sally gestuerd for Paul to follow her.

After Sally had left, Paul looked around the caravan park. 'What a dump,' Paul thought to himself. 'I can't believe she left me to return to this.' He let a smirk spread across his face - 'silly cow didn't even take any of her stuff. She couldn't have made it any easier for me to find her.'

Martha felt a shadow cast over her. As she looked up, she noticed it was the old guy from earlier.

"I'm sorry to keep bothering you, love, but you look really upset. Are you really sure you're fine?" The old guy sat beside Martha.

Martha smiled.

"Even if I say yes again you're still gonna keep pestering me, aren't you?" She couldn't help grinning at the guy.

"What can I say?" The old guy started laughing. "I see a damsel in distress, and my heart breaks. I'm Sam." He held his hand out. Martha shook it.

"I'm Martha".

Sam and Martha chatted - not about the reason why Martha was here, but about everything else. Martha liked Sam: he reminded her of an older version of Jack. Though Jack wouldn't thank her for saying that, considering Sam was a tramp.

Jack was on patrol all afternoon, but even as he made his way back to the office, he still couldn't stop thinking about Martha.

"Hey Jack!" Fitzy called as Jack entered the station.

"Oh, hey Fitz," Jack replied glumly.

"What's up with your grumpy face?" Fitzy asked, laughing.

"Sorry Fitz. It's Martha ... she still hasn't turned up yet. Alf's really worried now, and so am I," Jack finished.

"What? What are you on about? I saw Martha earlier."

"What?! Where?!" Jack shouted at Fitzy.

"At the bus station, about 10 minutes ago - why?" Fitzy asked, puzzled. But Jack had bolted.

"Well, here's my bus. Thanks for keeping me company, Sam. I appreciate it."

"No problem sweetheart ... You sure you wanna do this? Run away, I mean?"

Martha smiled.

"How did you know?"

Sam just laughed.

"Look, I know you're probably gonna give me a lecture on how I should stay and face my problems, but I can't." Martha could feel tears brimming in her eyes.

"No lecture. You're a big girl - I'm sure you'll do what's right. Now, I better be off. Good luck." Sam held his hand out towards Martha.

Martha smiled and wrapped her arms around Sam in a hug.

"Bye Sam," Martha whispered in his ear, and Sam left.

Martha stared at the bus as it pulled up. 'Well, this is it,' Martha thought.

"Bye Jack ..." she whispered under her breath, and made her way onto the bus.

Jack jumped out of the police car and ran into the station. His heart was racing as he looked around for Martha.

"She cant have gone ..." Jack began talking to himself. "She cant have ... Martha! Martha!" Jack shouted........

WILL JACK FIND MARTHA IN TIME....

AND WHAT DOES PAUL WANT........

CHAPTER 8 COMING SOON.

Special thanx to Ali for proof reading for me for the final time.Thanx Al :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all i have finally completed the 8th chapter hope you enjoy :D

CHAPTER 8

Jack's heart began beating faster and faster as he spun around

"Martha! Martha!" Jack shouted as he ran through the station. He failed to notice how many people were now staring at him.

Suddenly Jack froze as he spotted a tall brunette girl stepping on to a bus "Martha?".

As Martha was about to pay she suddenly heard a voice shout out behind her. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up just at the sound of his - Jacks - voice. Martha turned around to witness him running towards her.

"Martha, wait!" Jack rushed towards the brunette girl.

"Jack what are you doing here?" she was annoyed at him. He had interrupted her escape.

"What am I doing here?" Jack himself began to get annoyed at Martha's tone. "What the hell are you doing?! Do you have any idea how worried we were?" Jack tried to sound calmer. "Where are you going?"

Martha paused. Staring into Jack's eyes, it was like seeing through him, and she realized how hurt he was.

"I'm going away for a while. I'm sorry Jack." Martha could feel herself welling up.

"What, why? I don't understand I thought we were gonna give us a chance?" Jack couldn't believe she was doing this.

"I know, I'm so sorry. I wish I could stay, believe me I do... but I cant. i just... can't." Tears began trickling down her cheeks.

Jack stepped towards Martha. "What ever your running from Martha tell me and we can get through it together."

"We can't Jack i can't go through it again i wont"Martha could feel her heart breaking as she stepped away from Jack.

"Get through what Martha what are you running from?your family, me?"Jack realised he was now shouting.

"No "Martha answered abruptly."Don't ever think that i love my family coming back here was the best thing i ever did i realised how much i mist this plaice and it gave me the chance to meet you"Martha smiled at Jack.

"So why leave?"

"Er I'm sorry to interrupt but the bus is already running late"The bus driver sounded annoyed."Are you on or off?"

"She's off"Jack shouted .

"No wait"Martha turned towards Jack."Jack i have to just let me go"Martha pleaded with Jack.

"I can't Martha please i promise we can get through this please Martha i love you"Jack paused he couldn't believe the words he had just said he had only known Martha for days yet he knew every word he meant.

Martha stood in shock staring at Jack he loved her Martha couldn't believe it but what was worse was that she felt the same.

"Mam"the bus driver shouted.

Martha slowly stepped down off the bus.The bus driver quickly closed the doors and drove away.

Martha and Jack both stood in silence staring at each other.

Jack slowly walked towards Martha he stopped inches away from her. Martha could feel Jack breathing down on her.

"You should have let me go Jack"Martha looked into hes eyes she had tears trickling down her cheek.

Jack slowly brushed hes thumb against Martha's cheek wiping away the tears. And plaice he's hands on Martha's shoulders.

"I meant every word i said Martha i love you and we can get through this together. You just have to let me in ok"Jack looked straight into Martha's eyes.

"Ok"Martha couldn't leave not now she had fallen to hard.

Jack wrapped he's arm around Martha's shoulder and led her back to the police car.

The journey back was quiet Martha fell asleep leaning against the window. As Jack pulled up outside the diner he found himself just watching Martha he couldn't believe how beautiful she looked even sleeping.

As Martha woke she realised she was still in Jack's car but Jack was no were to be seen. Just as she was about to step out she spotted Jack coming towards the car."Hey sleepy head here thought you could do with this"Jack handed Martha a coffee".

"Thanks"Martha smiled .

"I called Alf told him you were fine. How about we go for a walk"Jack gestured towards the beach.

Martha and Jack slowly strolled along the beach.

"So"Jack decided to take the plunge and break the silence.

"Are you gonna tell me what it is that has you so scarred"Jack sat down on the sand.

Martha sat beside him."i met a guy a few years back we dated for a while i even moved in with him"Martha shook her head remembering how stupid she was.

"Its ok"Jack slowly rubbed Martha's back.

"It was great to start with you know we would go out for posh meals nearly every night i was in my element. Then one day it changed it was Christmas i was really looking forward to spending it with Paul it was our first one together"Martha smiled remembering the happy times.

"You said changed"Jack broke Martha from her thoughts.

"Yes it started Christmas eve he just sat there all day staring at me. I asked what was wrong but he ignored me.Any way later he just went out didn't say were. I waited up for him i was worried stupid me .He came back drunk i tried to help him but he just lashed out and started calling me a whore"Martha began sobbing heavier.

Jack moved closer to Martha and wrapped he's arms around her.

"shh its ok Martha"Jack whispered in her ear.

Slowly Martha began to compose her self again and carried on.

"It all got worse from there i became afraid to speak in case he lashed out we hardly went out any were and if we did he wouldn't let me talk to any one especially other men. I became so closed off and afraid i couldn't even talk to my friends any more i was so stupid Jack i let him manipulate me that's what he wanted all along some one for him self and i gave him tat Jack i was so stupid"Martha lowered her head into Jack's chest.

Jack lifted Martha's head up gently looking into her eyes.

"Don't you ever think that Martha he's the weak one not you. Your strong Martha you broke away from him"

"I know but he's only gonna find me Jack that's why i was leaving he sent me a message he's still looking for me Jack hes not gonna give up"Martha broke down in Jack's arms.

Jack could feel anger rushing through him how dare this guy treat Martha like that.

"Martha if you run again he wins that's what he wants you to run so you will be on your own again. I promise i wont let him hurt you"Jack tightened he's grip around Martha.

Martha didn't want Jack to let her go she felt so safe in he's arms.

"Come on lets get you home"Jack gently pulled Martha up off the sand.

As they entered the house Alf rushed towards Martha."Oh thank god were we're you "Alf asked.

Martha paused looking at Jack.

"Oh i spotted her in town she'd gone to meet some mates apparently and spent the night"Jack sensed Martha didn't want to go through the whole story with Paul again.

"Yes I'm sorry grandad i should of called"Martha hopped her grandad believed the lie.

"That's ok love just remember next time ok."Alf wrapped he's arm's around Martha.

"Right who's up for something to eat"Sally shouted making her way towards the kitchen.

"That would be great I'm starving"Martha laughed.

"Not for me"Jack replied."I have to get back the boss is gonna kill me"

"Martha walked Jack outside."I'm sorry Jack I've got you into trouble"

"Don't be silly it will be fine besides I'd do it all again in a heart beat"Jack smiled as he reached towards Martha gently brushing hes hands across her face. Slowley pressing he's lips against hers.

Both felt a surge of electricity rush between them as they kissed passionately.

Eventually both pulled away panting heavily.

"Wow." Jack laughed."That was"

"Amazing"Martha finished.

Both started laughing "Definitely." Jack smiled.

"I better go. I'll see you tomorrow" Jack shouted as he he got into his car.

"Definitely" Martha shouted back smiling as Jack drove away.

Martha stood on the step staring into the the night she suddenly felt a feeling as if she was being watched she stared into night but nothing.

"Martha." Sally called.

"I'm coming." Martha stared into the night once more then turned and went back into the house.

Paul stood staring as they both stood kissing passionately he could feel the anger boiling inside of him. How dare this guy touch his property."Looks like baby's been naughty girl." Paul snickered to himself. "Well we'll see about that" Paul whispered and as he stood staring at the caravan park house....

Jack and Paul meet...

Martha and Jack get closer....

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS

Also thanks to kirst for proof reading for me :D

Archived