Mitchitt

Guest loulou170388

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry i haven't updated for a while. I had a temporary copy of microsoft word but it expired so i couldn't access it, but is all good now! :D

Chapter 7 - Time for a change

Throughout the evening, it was clear to Cassie that Mattie was trying to forget her troubles. Cassie on the other hand looked on nervously, waiting for her to crack at any moment. She sat at one of the tables at the side of the dance floor, her arms folded.

“Not having fun?” Martha said sitting down next to her.

“Loads” Cassie said flatly not taking her eyes off Tasha and Mattie on the dance floor.

“Why do you keep looking at her like that?” Martha said following Cassie’s eyeline. “Is there something going on here? When we arrived it was clear she had been crying” Martha said searching Cassie’s face for an answer.

“It’s fine, honestly. I might go and get some fresh air” she said getting up and making her way through the sea of people.

Back in the bay, Jack, Ric and Robbie were enjoying a beer on Ric’s patio.

“So I was thinking, maybe a romantic weekend away for our Anniversary? A surprise of course” Jack said, testing his idea on his mates.

“I’m sure Tash wouldn’t mind if we had the kids for the weekend” Robbie offered.

“Are you sure Rob? My two, for a whole weekend?”

“We’d help too” Ric put in, not wanting to seem rude.

“I’ll have to speak to Tash and Mattie tomorrow. See if they mind you offering their childcare services” Jack laughed. “ I know I haven’t got much time to plan it, but four weeks is enough to book a nice spa and hotel right?”

“Plenty” Ric said as he headed into the house to at the cries of baby Grace.

Archived