Mitchitt

Guest loulou170388

Chapter 4 – Changes in time

“I can’t believe how big she’s got” Cassie said cradling Grace in her arms. She had arrived at Mattie and Ric’s and was now being the proud aunty.

“Is she sleeping through the night yet?” Cassie asked as Mattie placed her coffee on the table.

“Mmmm. I wish” Mattie said, resting her head back on the couch and closing her eyes.

“Pippa’s desperate to see you”

“Same. I can’t wait to go round to Sal and Brad’s later. And I want to go to the diner, walk along the beach, see Tash, see Martha” Cassie said making a mental note in her head.

“Sounds like a plan” Mattie laughed, now watching Cassie cradling Grace. “You’ll be a great mum one day you know”

“If I’m half as good as you I’ll be happy”.

“thanks” she said as she tried to force her worries to the back of her mind and enjoy seeing her friend.

Later that day, Cassie began to make her way around the bay catching up with old friends and family.

“Anyone in?” She called when she arrived at the place she still called home.

“Cassie” Pippa said, running towards her and hugging her tightly.

“Pip, how are you?” Cassie said, pleased to be back with her family.

“I’m good. I have lots to tell you” Pippa said grabbing her hand and pulling her into the house.

“Where’s Sal and Brad?” Cassie asked looking around. Everything looked the same, her school picture was still on the mantle piece. It gave her a warm feeling that even though she didn’t live with them, she was still part of the family.

“Mum’s putting Jake down for a nap and Dad’s sorting something out in the caravans” she said bouncing down on the sofa next to Cassie.

“Anyway, I’m 12 next week and then mum said I can stay here on my own and baby sit for Jake”. She said it so proudly. It brought a smile to Cassie’s face.

“Cassie” Sally said as she hugged her eldest daughter tightly.

“Sal, it’s so good to see you” she said, tears welling in her eyes.

“Hey, hey, none of that” Sally joked, tears in her own eyes. “Are you staying for dinner?”

“As much as I’d love to, i’ve already made plans with Mattie and Ric. But another time I would love to”. She said.

“Speaking of dinner, I best be off, I’ve still got to call in at Martha’s on the way home”

“Will you come over tomorrow?” Pippa asked, saddened by the fact Cassie was leaving so soon.

“How about I meet you from school?” Cas suggested looking to Sal.

“Fine with me” she said as she pulled items from the fridge.

“Is it still 3.30?” Cassie asked Pippa.

“Yup”.

“I’ll see you then” she said as she left.

“Cassie, how are you, how’s work?” Jack greeted as she arrived.

“It’s all good” she beamed giving him a hug.

“How are all of you?” she said, peering round Jack where she saw not only Martha but Tasha and Robbie not to mention a whole host of kids.

“Hey Cas” Martha said as she immediately jumped up to greet her old friend.

“It’s so nice to be back” she said sipping a glass of wine handed to her by Robbie.

“How long are you here for?” Tasha asked as Tegan lay sleepily on her lap.

“I’m hoping a month. Maybe longer” she smiled. “I hope it won’t be too much trouble for Mattie and Ric. Them being new parents and everything”.

“I’m sure they’ll be glad to have you” Martha said reasurring Cassie.

“There’s always a spare room here” Jack offered.

“You guys are so sweet, thank you” she said as she left.

“How can a baby create so much laundry?” Ric laughed as he threw the clothes into the machine.

“Did you check them for stains?” Mattie asked as she watched Ric load powder into the drawer.

“Erm..” Ric said looking to Cassie.

“That’s a no then. Nevermind, I’ll do it” Mattie said pulling everything out of the machine angrily.

“Seem as I’m not needed here, I think I’ll go over to Jack’s if that’s ok?”

“Sure. Whatever” Mattie said as she sorted through the pile of pink on the floor.

“Why’s she so irritable?” Cassie asked following him outside the front door.

Ric shrugged.

“You’ve got me. Been like it for about 3 weeks now. I’ve tried talking to her but she shrugs me off. It’s like she doesn’t want to be near me.”

“Don’t worry” Cas said hugging Ric.

“Probably just her hormones. They go all over the place after you have a baby”.

“Yeah. Probably”

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow this is a good fanfiction. Glad Cassie is back with her family and friends. Cassie and Pippa are great-loved the sisterly moment between them. :D

What's up with Mattie? I may supsect she is hiding something from Ric. Hope she will soon open to someone or her best friend Cassie about what's up with her.

Chapter 5 – talk to me

As Cassie waited for Pippa, she looked around fondly. She had made so many memories here, it felt strange to be back.

She heard the school bell ring as it always had. ‘Still the same ring’ she smiled to herself.

A low buzz of noise began as students began to pile out of the school. In the distance, Cassie could see Pippa talking to a guy. He looked older than her and Pippa appeared to be scowling. As she saw Pippa heading towards her, she smiled and waved.

“Who was that?” she asked as they headed towards the beach.

“A guy”

“I could see that Pip! A friend of yours is he?”

“He was asking me out actually”

“He looked like he was in Year 11?” Cassie asked, worry written all over her face.

“He’s a Year 10 actually. We’re gonna meet up one evening”.

“Your WHAT?” Cassie said shocked.

“Calm down Cas. It’s only date, he didn’t ask me to marry him”.

“Your 11!” Cassie reasoned.

“I’ll be 12 on Thursday and we’re not going out till saturday”.

Could Pippa really not see the danger in what she was doing? He was way too old for her.

“It will be fine. Trust me” she said as they reached the beach.

“So she’s just going to meet up with him?” Martha said handing Cassie a cup of coffee.

“She can’t see the dangers! He is so much older than her. She’s a kid” Cassie said sighing.

“Have you spoken to Sal and Brad?”

“Thinking about it. I just don’t know what to do for the best. I mean there’s all this with Pippa, and then there’s Mattie..”

“Mattie?” Martha said remembering how she had been acting last week.

“She’s so irritable with Ric and looks preoccupied most of the time”

“Have you asked her about it?”

“Not yet. I spoke to Ric but he’s as much in the dark as the rest of us!”

“Maybe she’s not getting out enough. She’s barely been out since she had Grace” Martha suggested.

“I’ll arrange a girly night. We can all go out. You and Tash too”

“Sounds great”

“We’re gonna be late Mat” Cassie said knocking on Mattie’s door. They were meeting Tasha and Martha for drinks before heading into town.

“Mattie?”

Mattie was sitting by her mirror. She had no make up on and her hair was still wet.

“You nearly ready?” Cassie asked coming into the room. The door swung shut behind her. The Bang of the door jogged Mattie from her thoughts.

“huh?” Mattie jumped, realising she was no longer alone.

“Are you going with wet ha..” Cassie stopped as she saw tears streaming down Mattie’s face. “Mat, what’s wrong?”

“I’m fine?” she said forcing a smile.

“Mattie, you’ve barely been able to look me in the eye since I got here. You’ve been distracted most of the time and when Ric gets anywhere near you, you either get mad at him or back off, like you couldn’t bare for him to touch you”.

Mattie sat in silence as she contemplated what Cassie was saying.

“It’s just.. you know. Having Grace keeps me so busy and I guess I’ve been distracted because I was trying to get things read for you coming and sort out Grace” she trailed off. She hung her head, her long hair falling over her face.

“Please look at me” Cassie said, worry evident in her voice.

Mattie reluctantly turned to face her, arms hugged tightly around herself.

“Have you and Ric not been getting on? Has Ric hurt you?” Cassie said, shocked at the words coming from her mouth. Ric had never lost his temper with a woman before. Plenty of guys yes but never with a girl. Ideas were running through her mind as to why Mattie was acting strangely.

“No, no” Mattie said realising what Cassie was saying. “He’d never hurt me” she said looking Cassie for the first time in the eye.

“I’m sorry Mattie. I felt bad even suggesting it” Cassie said looking towards the doorway in case Ric appeared.

Tears shone in Mattie’s eyes as the late evening sun streamed in through the window.

“Mat. Talk to me” Cassie pleaded, gripping Mattie’s hand.

“Cassie, what am I gonna do?” she said, wiping the tears from her face. Cassie waited for Mattie to continue.

“Cas, I’m pregnant again” she said quietly. The devastation in her voice was evident.

Cassie wasn’t sure what to say to make Mattie feel better. Surely this was great news? She had a loving family, great husband and the baby would be a welcome addition to the family right?

“That’s not good?” Cassie said slowly, worried by Mattie’s reaction. When she had been pregnant with Grace, she couldn’t have been happier.

“Not if Ric isn’t the father”.

:o :o :o Mattie is pregnant and Ric isn't the father?! :o Didn't see that coming. I hope the baby is Ric's. And why on earth would she sleep with someone else?? I'm dying to know who the father is...

Anyway, great chapter. Can't wait to read the next chapter

EDIT: I was just thinking and I think that maybe Matilda is raped and she didn't tell anyone. And now she is pregnant and doesn't know who the father is; Ric or the guy that raped her.. Just something I am thinking

Chapter 6 – Best friends

Mattie was sitting by her mirror, fiddling with her hands that lay in her lap.

Cassie, who was sitting on the bed behind Mattie looked up at the mirror.

Mattie avoided her inquisitive gaze as Cassie put her hand on Mattie’s shoulder.

“Have you been” she began quietly. “Seeing someone else?”

Mattie felt a wave of nausea rush over her as she clamped her hand to her mouth and raced for the bathroom.

Cassie brought her a glass of water and sat beside her. Tears streamed down her face as she sat slumped against the bathroom wall.

She began to speak in a barely inaudible whisper as she tried to contain her anguish.

“I met up with an old friend in town a while back. We ended up at this club and these 2 guys started buying us drinks. I think one of them must have put something in. a pill or something. I started to feel dizzy and sick so he offered to drive me home”. Her voice began to crack as she wiped away fresh tears streaming down her cheeks.

“I don’t remember what happened after that. I just remember waking up on the beach in the middle of the night” she said sobbing. Cassie wrapped her arms around her friend and held her while she cried.

“It makes me so sick. He could have done anything to me and I have no idea. I could have a disease or anything”. She began to sob again.

“Mattie. Have you not told anyone this whole time?”

She shook her head as she wiped the tears away.

“So you said that you can’t remember what happened. Which could mean nothing did” Cassie said trying to reassure Mattie.

“There’s always that what if though. What if the baby isn’t Ric’s. He’ll leave me” she said starting to sob again.

“He’ll understand. It wasn’t your fault and he loves you Mat”

The girls were interrupted by someone knocking on the front door.

“I’ll go” Cassie said handing Mattie another tissue.

“Tasha! Martha” She said opening the door a crack.

“Are you guys ok? We wee worried something had happened to you”

Cassie bit her lip, not sure what to say to them.

“We’re fine” Mattie said appearing behind Cassie.

“Mat?” Cassie said sounding surprised.

“ I was running late, only just got out the shower, come in I won’t be long”. Mattie’s eyes looked puffy as she raced off to her bedroom to get ready.

“Erm” Cassie said feeling uneasy. “Come sit guys. Yes, sit down” she said talking to herself. “I’ll just erm.. check on Mattie”

“Mattie, are you sure you want to out? I can tell them your tired or something, they’ll understand”.

“Honestly Cas. We can’t let them down now” Mattie said putting make up on her puffy eyes.

“But, what you just said about everything. Are you sure your up to going out?” Cassie said feeling more worried about the situation than Matilda seemed to be.

Back in the living room, Cassie felt apprehensive as she waited with Martha and Tasha for Matilda to get ready. She was biting her newly manicured nails worried about questions arising.

“Was Mattie ok?” Tasha asked after sitting in almost complete silence became unbearable.

“Fine why?” Cassie said worried she would be caught out.

“Her eyes looked so red and puffy. Like she had been crying?” Tasha said with caution.

“Crying? No, no” Cassie said biting her nails even more.

“Oh good she’s ready” Cassie said jumping up, keen to avoid any more questions. “Lets go” she said grabbing her own bag and heading for the door.

Archived