It's Gonna Be Love

Guest kaciexox

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o

Its an update. Who would have thought :P

I'm sorry if its bad. Also its kinda really short but oh wellz.

And also this chapter is mostly Jack and Martha :wub::D

CHAPTER 10

Ric was sitting at Mattie’s bedside. It was half an hour since he had found out about the pregnancy and he was still in shock. But Matilda wasn’t awake yet, so he couldn’t talk to her about it.

“Ric,” Sally said softly walking into the room.

When Ric didn’t reply she put a hand on his shoulder and said; “Ric, the doctors say she won’t wake up for another couple of hours. Why don’t you come home and get some rest.”

Ric didn’t argue. He got up and kissed Matilda gently on the cheek before following Sally out of the room. He paused briefly at the door and took one last glance at his sleeping girlfriend. She looked so peaceful.

The ride back to the apartment above the diner was silent for Jack, Martha, Annie and Geoff. Annie and Geoff spent most of the drive, staring out the windows and Jack spent most of the trip shooting worried glances at Martha.

He could tell she was worried for Ric. How he would take the news and how he would cope. But she wasn’t opening up to him.

As soon as they arrived home Annie and Geoff went straight to bed, without a word to each other of Jack and Martha and Martha went straight into her room. Jack sighed and went into his.

He spent a couple of minutes lying on his bed, thinking about Martha, but soon he couldn’t take it anymore and he slowly made his way to Martha’s bedroom door.

It was shut, as he had expected, but a light was shining under the door, signaling to him that she was still awake.

Hesitating briefly, he knocked three times on the door. After a few minutes he hard a tiny “Come in” and so he pushed open the door.

Martha was sitting on her bed, facing the wall. Jack shut the door behind him then walked slowly over to the bed and took a seat next to Martha.

“What’s wrong,” he said softly.

Martha turned to face him revealing her tear stained face.

“Hey,” Jack whispered, stroking her face with his index finger, “It’s going to be ok.”

“I know,” Martha nodded, “But I’m just worried about him.”

Jack nodded understandingly before taking her hand in his, signally for Martha to go on. Martha smiled at him, entwining her fingers in his.

“It’s just that, he’s so young. They’re both so young. I just think back to when I was pregnant. I found it so tough to deal with and I’m so much older than them.”

“But Mattie’s got Ric,” Jack said, trying to reassure her.

“I know. And I know you probably think I’m over reacting but…”

“No I don’t think that,” Jack replied, “But, I do think there is something else your worried about.”

Martha laughed.

“You could always read me like a book.”

“Do you want to tell me?” Jack asked.

Martha remained silent for a few moments.

“I’m confused,” she said, breaking the silence.

“About what?”

“My feelings,” Martha replied, looking down.

Jack remained silent, waiting for her to continue but when she didn’t he leant forward slowly and captured her lips in a lingering kiss. Martha pulled away slightly, then suddenly deepened the kiss. She felt hot sparks fly all through her. She had forgotten how wonderful Jack could make her feel. After a few minutes Jack pulled away.

“Goodnight,” she whispered into her ear before getting up and retreating to his own room.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW

UPCOMING CHAPTERS: -Jenny returns but without Corey

- a memorial service for Bruce

- a new family is in the bay

Archived