It's Gonna Be Love

Guest kaciexox

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o I can't believe I forgot about this fic *hits self around the head*

But, now I've caught up :D Excellent chapters Kacie! And now for my review, thus far...

Jack and Martha are so :wub: They're concern for Geoff and Annie was adorable. Loved the sarcastic Jack in the first few chapters but this one is much more cuter. I'm thinking their chemistry is still in tact (its soooooo obvious lol) They really ought to get back together; they're just the perfect couple!

Poor Geoff and Annie :( They're lucky they've got each other and Jack and Martha looking out for them.

Kinda feel sorry for Brad :ph34r: I'm not his biggest fan on the show but on here, I actually want to give him a hug. He didn't even know about Corey and now he's expected to be a father to him?? That Jenny isn't very nice. Love Sally though!

Oh dear, poor Mattie and Ric too. Hope Mattie will be ok. She defintaely doesn't need to be hanging around with the likes of Reuben after everything she's been through of late.

This is really, really great Kacie (apologies for my rambling but it needed to be done lol) Can't wait for the next update, hope it's real soon!

It seems im forever writing scenes in the hospital waiting room in my fics :P

oh wellz heres the chapter :D

CHAPTER 9

“What’s going, is she ok?” Ric said bursting through the hospital doors. His heart was racing and he felt as if he just wanted to break down but he knew he couldn’t. He had to stay strong … for Mattie.

“Ric, just calm down, Mattie and Rueben have been in a car accident…” Rachel began.

“Is she ok?” Lucas asked, worriedly.

“We don’t know as yet, I’m sorry,” Rachel said, “I have called Tony and Sally, so they should be here soon.”

“Can you just tell me if Mattie’s ok, just tell me what’s going on!” Ric said.

“She’s in surgery. We don’t know the full extent of her injuries yet, but I will tell you straight away once we know what’s going on. As for Rueben, because he was driving, he got the worst of it, we don’t know if he’ll make it through surgery.”

“Wait a minute,” Ric said, “Reuben doesn’t have his license.”

“I know,” Rachel said, nodding sadly, “Take a seat boys, there’s nothing else you can do except wait.”

Rachel gave the boys one last sympathetic look before turning and walking away.

“I swear to God,” Ric said to Lucas as they sat down, “If he doesn’t die in there, I’ll kill him.”

2 HOURS LATER (1AM)

By this time, half the town was sitting in the hospital waiting room, waiting to find out the fate of one of their most beloved residents. There was Tony, Sally, Brad, Cassie, Ric, Lucas, Martha, Jack, Belle, Drew and Irene.

For Jack and Martha, it was the second time they had been waiting in a hospital like this in one week. They had left Geoff and Annie sleeping at home with a note in case either of them woke up and wondered where Jack and Martha were.

Jack looked over at Martha, who was sitting next to him, and saw that she was crying. Sighing sadly, he reached over and took her hand in his.

“She’s going to be alright,” he whispered to her.

Martha nodded sadly and leant her head on Jack’s shoulder. As soon as Martha’s head touched his shoulder he felt a tingle go down his spine.

\

Ric looked at his watch. It had been two hours since Mattie had gone into surgery, and he couldn’t help thinking that if it was taking this long, something might have gone wrong. He looked at Cassie who was sitting next to him. She smiled weakly at him.

“No news is good news,” she whispered as if reading his mind.

At that moment Rachel walked out into the waiting room, with a sad look on her face.

Ric jumped up immediately.

“Is she ok?” he asked.

“I’m sorry I don’t have any news on Mattie,” Rachel said, “But I’m sorry Rueben didn’t make it through surgery.”

“That’s awful,” Sally said softly.

Ric just stared at Rachel. He didn’t care about Rueben. He wanted to know about Mattie.

As far as he was concerned, Rueben endangered Mattie by driving with no license and truthfully, he was a little glad that Rueben was dead. If Mattie died, he didn’t know what he would do.

He wasn’t sure he could go on living without her, and if she died it would be Reuben’s fault. So as far as Ric was concerned, Reuben deserved to be dead.

1 HOUR LATER

Ric sat with his head in his hands. It has to be soon, he thought to himself, we have to have news soon. But Ric was starting to loose hope. He knew he shouldn’t but he couldn’t help it. It had been three hours and he hadn’t seen Mattie for days.

If he had been honest with himself, he would have admitted that a part of him didn’t want to see Mattie. A part of him, was very hurt over her actions over the past couple of days. But of course none of that mattered now.

He needed Mattie, and Ric thought that maybe if he said that in his mind enough then she would come back to him. He just needed some news, he needed someone to tell him it was all going to be ok. But no one was saying that because no one knew anything. Ric sighed. For the millionth time that day, he needed Mattie. But Mattie was the one thing he couldn’t have right now.

She was the reason he needed her, if that made any sense. He couldn’t cry, because he felt like all of his tears had been used up. And what was making matter worse was that Cassie kept on telling him that ‘no news was good news’. But Ric didn’t agree, he needed news, any kind. He needed to know what was going on.

As if on cue Rachel walked out into the waiting room with a small smiled plastered on her face. Ric jumped up, along with Tony and Lucas.

“Well…” Ric prompted when Rachel didn’t say anything.

“They are both going to be ok,” she smiled.

Ric frowned.

“Both?”

“Yes,” Rachel smiled, “Mattie is three months pregnant.”

PLEASE RATE NAD REVIEW

Archived